Are we really going to wait until next season to address the TE situation?

It's not like we're a lock to make the playoffs right now (heck, we're far from it). Let's see how our other young guys do. In this system we dont really use a TE, except for blocking.

If our TEs do end up looking bad, I hope we draft TE Travis Beckum from Wisconsin. This guy can flat out PLAY. He looks like a full blown WR.

I've never seen a more mediocre set of TEs in my entire life.

I KEEP SAYING THIS, "IF YOU HAVE A TE THAT CAN'T CATCH, ALL YOU REALLY HAVE IS AN EXTRA TACKLE."

IF YOUR TE's CAN'T CATCH .... YOU HAVE HANDICAPPED YOUR OFFENSE. AND IF THE TE IS NOT INCLUDED IN

YOUR PASSING ATTACK, YOU'RE GIVING THE OPPOSING DEFENSE AN EXTRA DEFENDER TO DEAL WITH YOU.

AND IT WON'T TAKE NFL DEFENSES LONG TO DISCOVER THAT YOUR TE IS NOT A THREAT TO THEM. B)

In Mularkey's system, he rarely ever utilizes TEs in the passing game. His scheme is more around using them as extra blockers in the power running attack. I believe the most a TE has ever caught a pass under his system with the Steelers was 13.

yeah thats true

dude, our new scheme is going to be geared towards protection.

WELL WHY NOT DROP OFF A WIDE RECEIVER ON THE OTHER SIDE TOO, AND PUT IN ANOTHER

TACKLE. THEN YOU'LL HAVE ALL THE PROTECTION YOU NEED. THEN WATCH THE MIDDLE CAVE

IN. YOU CAN TALK ABOUT SYSTEMS ALL YOU WANT, BUT WITHOUT EXECUTION IT'S A WORK IN

FUTILITY. THE GIANTS WON THE SUPER BOWL LAST YEAR ON THAT ONE PLAY TO THEIR TE

KEVIN BOSS.

WELL WHY NOT DROP OFF A WIDE RECEIVER ON THE OTHER SIDE TOO, AND PUT IN ANOTHER

TACKLE. THEN YOU'LL HAVE ALL THE PROTECTION YOU NEED. THEN WATCH THE MIDDLE CAVE

IN. YOU CAN TALK ABOUT SYSTEMS ALL YOU WANT, BUT WITHOUT EXECUTION IT'S A WORK IN

FUTILITY. THE GIANTS WON THE SUPER BOWL LAST YEAR ON THAT ONE PLAY TO THEIR TE

KEVIN BOSS.

Dude, you ain't gots to yell.

Especially when you is wrong !!

I do remember a game against the Chiefs about 8- 10 years ago. Falcons heavy favorites, The Chiefs did bot have a noted runner but they lined up in a 2 TE set every play and cramped the ball down the falcons throats, The chiefs won big time, I don't remeber the year or the score, but it happened.

Now that was only one game but they destroyed a superior falcon team with a power running game and a 2 TE set the entire game.

We had a great receiving TE for years but only made what 1 or 2 play off seasons.

I haven't seen the 6 TEs the falcons have play that much but I'm not going to say they are all mediocre just yet. Are any of them (now) as good as Crumpler, no but in 2 years where will they be and where will Crumpler be?? We do not know.