Our division counterparts are trading away their futures

atljbo

Bucs: Trading for Farve...... The QB position was not there problem.... Their lack of talent at their Offensive skill position is the bucs problem

What did they give up: Unknown

Panthers..... Gave up the teams 2009 first round pick for Jeff Otah (whom we was going to draft)

What did they give up: 1st round pick

Saints: Traded for Jeremy Shockey and Jonathon Vilma

What did they give up: Possibly 1st, 2nd round picks

I feel like the bucs trade is down right stupid...... Having Farve over Garcia does not make them a Championship team.......

I like Jeff Otah alot but no way would i trade a 2008 second- and fourth-rounder and a 2009 1st round pick

I know alot of you may like what the Saints have done but i dont.... They traded away their 2009 draft and is not closer to a championship..... Duce is still waitin on the next injury..... Reggie Bush is not a RB.... and the Saints DBs still suck...... Please do not give me the giants speech... The Giants DBs last year was 10 times better then the saints DBs are now

Neither of these moves does not make any of these teams championship ready

2009 draft will be a very good class.... So lets keep building our Franchise the right way

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Bucs: Trading for Farve...... The QB position was not there problem.... Their lack of talent at their Offensive skill position is the bucs problem

What did they give up: Unknown

Panthers..... Gave up the teams 2009 first round pick for Jeff Otah (whom we was going to draft)

What did they give up: 1st round pick

Saints: Traded for Jeremy Shockey and Jonathon Vilma

What did they give up: Possibly 1st, 2nd round picks

I feel like the bucs trade is down right stupid...... Having Farve over Garcia does not make them a Championship team.......

I like Jeff Otah alot but no way would i trade a 2008 second- and fourth-rounder and a 2009 1st round pick

I know alot of you may like what the Saints have done but i dont.... They traded away their 2009 draft and is not closer to a championship..... Duce is still waitin on the next injury..... Reggie Bush is not a RB.... and the Saints DBs still suck...... Please do not give me the giants speech... The Giants DBs last year was 10 times better then the saints DBs are now

Neither of these moves does not make any of these teams championship ready

2009 draft will be a very good class.... So lets keep building our Franchise the right way

not to mention the Saints Dline is not THAT good......get gt a lot of hype but in reality they only had 7 more sacks then we did last year......we got ZERO from one of our starting D-ends and we played musical chairs on the interior pretty much all year....... for a team to only have 7 more sacks then we had is pretty sad......especially when you look at the money they have tied up on the line.

the giants dbs would have looked like garbage last year if they had our dline. how can you not look good when the qb only has a split second to throw?

But the saints Dline is nowhere near the giants, but I agree the the Division is making it easier for us to win in the future.

those teams have most of their pieces in place & only need a few improvements unlike us, who are taking a different approach & rebuilding systematically....we will quietly build a respectable team while people are overlooking us & when we get to the top, we will be there consistently

Agree with that. they are trading away their future, while we are bulding towards the future, plus we have the curse on our side.

I would never of thought that having a curse on our side would be a good thing, but you're right.

This is what I keep saying. I love that the Saints traded their picks on a way out of his prime LB and the most overrated player this side of Reggie Bush. The Panties way overpayed to move up in the draft, but one could argue that it was to build for the future. The bucs going after Favre may not be that bad of a move. They don't have a QB of the future, and Favre may or may not be an improvement over Garcia, but it shouldn't cost them much to trade for Favre.

The thing that scares me about the Bucs is that Gruden has designed a new offense that incorporates five QB's at once, in which they continue to make backward passes until Grady falls over dead!!! J/K Grady!!

i am popping the cork to our rival teams trading away their future for noah or any other reason. we should entertain the idea of getting joe horn over to the bucs with galloway and noah. maybe we'll get lucky and take some more of their future picks.

GM RULE #1: NEVER trade within your own division (i.e. Wayne Gandy trade 2006).

I have never been a fan of trading top picks for expensive veteran players, because you invaraibly end up spending a lot of cap space on a player who has aslready given serveral of the best years of his career for another franchise. I hated the Price and Abraham trades for that very reason and would rather have kept the pick(s) and money and use them to addresss several needs.

I love seeing our divison rivals hurting their medium-long term prospects, in the chase for immediate success. If they come up short, they will find it diffocult to make significantl improvements next year with their top pciks gone and big cap$ invested in Vilma/Shockey/Favre. If the Bucs give up valuable picks for a 1 or 2 year rental on Brett Favre, that will be great news for us.

The Jeff Otah trade is slightly different, but giving up 2 picks this year and next years 1st is crazy IMO. It's funny how the haters in the media have crufcified us for trading up for baker - even though we still came away with 11 picks this year and didn't trade away any of ourfuture picks - yet the Panthers use a future 1st rounder and 2 picks this year to move up for Otah and were universally hailed as geniuses for making a much more expensive trade...

Whatever makes your putrid situation up in ATL look better in your eyes. Tampa has been building through the draft for the past 5 years, they have an excellent OL in place, a ******** D with a bunch of young players, and are ready to trade away 1 pick if they need to.

Your team has so many holes it's going to take years to rebuild.

Question - Ok Tampa trades for Farve - what is to stop them from trading Farve to Minnesota -- I mean it's probably not unlikely - especially with Minnesota cleared of tampering charges. :unsure:

from what I have read, there will be language in the Favre deal saying he cannot be traded again until after the 2008 season. GB will do that to prevent exactly what you questioned, since all 3 division rivals probably want Favre. Favre on a mission on any of those 3 teams could easily win a division title.

from what I have read, there will be language in the Favre deal saying he cannot be traded again until after the 2008 season. GB will do that to prevent exactly what you questioned, since all 3 division rivals probably want Favre. Favre on a mission on any of those 3 teams could easily win a division title.

So I wonder if Minnesota or Chi-Town will make a move for Garcia then if that is so? :mellow:

Whatever makes your putrid situation up in ATL look better in your eyes. Tampa has been building through the draft for the past 5 years, they have an excellent OL in place, a ******** D with a bunch of young players, and are ready to trade away 1 pick if they need to.

Your team has so many holes it's going to take years to rebuild.

The so-called holes are filled.... <_<