Let's take a prison break...

ThunderCookie

All teams have their own biggest loser. But for the life of me, I can't think of one Saint that would fit with the other three. And they are (from scummiest to least scum)

1. R. Carruth Panthers: It was tough decision between 1 and 2, but the Panthers trunk hiding, baby killing first round pick went to number one with a bullet. Well, several actually.

2. J. Stevens Buccaneers: The Bucs didn't stumble on this one man crime wave, they sought him out. Like a teflon rapist, he has had enough arrests to make Pacman blush. While the multiple dui and assaults don't make him a boy scout, anally raping a drugged virgin in an alley make him worthy of carrying on the Bucs history of character and honor. They can only hope he gets married and has children, because they are due for another day care beatdown.

3. M. Vyck Falcons: This blistered Romeo had tongues wagging about water bottles, but his leadership of the Inhumane Society puts him on this list. The pitbull pusher managed to bring down an entire town because he was to cheap to pay for his posse. I could go on but I think I will just throw up now....

Well, that is the top three. Do the Saints have someone to add or have the police ignored them like their fans for the last 30 years?

Charles Grant ran into a bit of trouble but Saints fan may have more to add to it...

http://blog.nola.com/saintsbeat/2008/05/gr...re_heading.html

actually not a whole lot is known.

what is known is that Grant was not in possession or ever in possession of the weapon. Also, it was a large melee and during it (before the shooting took place) Grant was stabbed in the neck. I have not even seen anything that connects Grant to the shooter, although you would have to assume the DA feels there is connection to even single Grant out from the crowd. However, if the DA feels there is a connection, why charge him with involuntary manslaughter? I would think there would be a charge of some sort of accessory to the two counts of murder because a DA will use involuntary manslaughter as the line to plea bargain to.

A lot about this doesnt make much sense. At this point there hasnt been any connection made other than the fact he was at the scene so in my mind he is innocent. If that is proven otherwise, I say kick him off the team and throw him in prison

Grant was NOT singled out. Everybody that was in the place that night was indicted for manslaughter in the hopes that they would get some usable testimony from someone, anyone, who was there.

OK....I stand corrected. Either way, there doesnt seem to be any evidence of wrong doing on Grant's part at this time

OK....I stand corrected. Either way, there doesnt seem to be any evidence of wrong doing on Grant's part at this time

Even if there were evidence it would suspect. As a high profile athelete, Grant could have been simply defending himself and be accused. Cops like convicting big names and "victims" like big paychecks.

actually not a whole lot is known.

what is known is that Grant was not in possession or ever in possession of the weapon. Also, it was a large melee and during it (before the shooting took place) Grant was stabbed in the neck. I have not even seen anything that connects Grant to the shooter, although you would have to assume the DA feels there is connection to even single Grant out from the crowd. However, if the DA feels there is a connection, why charge him with involuntary manslaughter? I would think there would be a charge of some sort of accessory to the two counts of murder because a DA will use involuntary manslaughter as the line to plea bargain to.

A lot about this doesnt make much sense. At this point there hasnt been any connection made other than the fact he was at the scene so in my mind he is innocent. If that is proven otherwise, I say kick him off the team and throw him in prison

If that's so I agree...if not let him play.

They had some players in the 80's that liked to snort blow, and who was that receiver that stole money from Deuce's locker?

But yeah, I've always thought of the Saints to be of higher character.

edit- those few players with questionable character came from other teams though, and weren't originally drafted by the Saints.

They had some players in the 80's that liked to snort blow, and who was that receiver that stole money from Deuce's locker?

edit- those few players with questionable character came from other teams though, and weren't originally drafted by the Saints.

I dont know if it is still true, but I saw something a several years ago that listed the Saints as the team that consistantly gives the most to charity (players and organization) as well as contributing the most community service. I doubt that has changed with the aftermath of Katrina. At least now they have an excuse......before I guess they figured that if they couldnt play football, they better do something to stay in the public's good graces

I dont know if it is still true, but I saw something a several years ago that listed the Saints as the team that consistantly gives the most to charity (players and organization) as well as contributing the most community service. I doubt that has changed with the aftermath of Katrina. At least now they have an excuse......before I guess they figured that if they couldnt play football, they better do something to stay in the public's good graces

That's ironic cuz I was just having a debate on a Cowboys board about which team was traditionally higher

character. The Cowpuke fan was throwing charity and such in the argument to support his claim.

I wish I would have known what you just said, with a link to back it up.

Hmmm....

Arrests since 2000:

Tampa 13

Carolina 12

New Orleans 12

Atlanta 9 (and this is if you count the ticket Vick got for fishing on someone else's lake)

http://www.signonsandiego.com/sports/nfl/a...CPIorderBy=Team

Excellent research HR...whose the Saints now! ;)

Hmmm... The most interesting thing is that Atlanta is the team that gets labeled "thug".

Yet we aren't the ones who celebrate players who run down their wives at a day care or rape drugged up virgins in the middle of the street.