Trey Lewis Progress Update?

Back in Kansas we don't really have a good insight on how Trey Lewis is progressing with his rehab. I've been tracking the site: I've seen he was moved to the Injured list, he's been pictured standing with his jersey during camp, & he was noted being at Rome the Dome.

Has anyone seen him at camp? What has he been doing? Looks like he's been in running shoes, a long sleeve sweat top under his jersey, & shorts. Has anyone seen him working out?

Anyone with feedback from seeing him at Rome the Dome? What did ya see? Anyone get a chance to talk with him?

Just a fan from back home looking for some insight on how he's coming along. Any word on him becoming more active with football activity during pre-season?

Thanks in advance for any insight you may be able to offer. Go Trey!!!

****, you have way more info than I have heard. I CAN NOT WAIT until he is back. If we was back I would feel much better about our weak DT's. I would assume if you have that info, you know more than me, which is he might play this year, but if he does it will be the second half of the year.

They don't tend to update on injuries very much around here, unless it's starting QB or something. Everything else doesn't really get reported.

he hasnt had the chance to show if he is a good enough tackle to be a impact player, so who cares. our tackles now are better than him. i dont see how or why yall are up on this guy when he really hasnt done much since being a falcon. babs is better than him, grady is better than him, morehead is better than him, why are yall so worred about a 6th round draft pick?

he hasnt had the chance to show if he is a good enough tackle to be a impact player, so who cares. our tackles now are better than him. i dont see how or why yall are up on this guy when he really hasnt done much since being a falcon. babs is better than him, grady is better than him, morehead is better than him, why are yall so worred about a 6th round draft pick?

Grady lost his job to Trey Lewis. If you have seen him play, you understand why people care.

Your comment shows you have no clue about the guy.

trey is goood man.....who do you think is gonna play when Grady is suckin wind every other play??? next season he WILL start

WOW crankhat, your response to my original post throws me. I don't understand where you are coming from with it. I kept the quote, not to keep passing it on, but rather to acurately refer to it in my response. I'm not crazy about passing on your thoughts.

So when you say "so who cares"... I DO!!! Being from his home town, having watched him play his high chool & college ball, I DO!!! & that's Good Enough for ME.

When you say "he really hasn't done much since being a Falcon", & say HUH??? From a small Div II program, he was drafted in the 6th round at I believe #185, ahead of 3 other 6th round picks, & he MADE the 53 man roster, I'D Say THAT was Something. The fact that he was able to prepare for the 2 DT positions in the NFL, I'D Say THAT was Something. The fact that he was able to step into the UT position & start bacause of injury to a teammate, I'D Say THAT was Something. & for whatEver reason the past coaching staff decided to let the starting NT go, he was able to step into the starting role hold his own & be productive in the sceme, I'D Say THAT was Something. & to have done that all in his first 9 games as a Pro NFL player, I'D Say THAT was Something.

I didn't start this thread because I thought Trey Lewis was Better than anyone else. We're gonna Need EVERYBODY before its all done to be successful. I did it as a concerned Falcons fan, & Trey Lewis fan, from Kansas.

So when you ask, "so worred about a 6th round draft pick", I AM!!!

...I'll step back down from my soapbox now. Sorry fro ranting, but I just don't get the negetive response. I don't even understand why you would even have to Go There. I was just asking for feedback from those who knew more about his rehab & progress than the folks back home may have access to; that's it.

Thanks to those who have & may respond. We appreciate it back here in Kansas.

WOW crankhat, your response to my original post throws me. I don't understand where you are coming from with it. I kept the quote, not to keep passing it on, but rather to acurately refer to it in my response. I'm not crazy about passing on your thoughts.

So when you say "so who cares"... I DO!!! Being from his home town, having watched him play his high chool & college ball, I DO!!! & that's Good Enough for ME.

When you say "he really hasn't done much since being a Falcon", & say HUH??? From a small Div II program, he was drafted in the 6th round at I believe #185, ahead of 3 other 6th round picks, & he MADE the 53 man roster, I'D Say THAT was Something. The fact that he was able to prepare for the 2 DT positions in the NFL, I'D Say THAT was Something. The fact that he was able to step into the UT position & start bacause of injury to a teammate, I'D Say THAT was Something. & for whatEver reason the past coaching staff decided to let the starting NT go, he was able to step into the starting role hold his own & be productive in the sceme, I'D Say THAT was Something. & to have done that all in his first 9 games as a Pro NFL player, I'D Say THAT was Something.

I didn't start this thread because I thought Trey Lewis was Better than anyone else. We're gonna Need EVERYBODY before its all done to be successful. I did it as a concerned Falcons fan, & Trey Lewis fan, from Kansas.

So when you ask, "so worred about a 6th round draft pick", I AM!!!

...I'll step back down from my soapbox now. Sorry fro ranting, but I just don't get the negetive response. I don't even understand why you would even have to Go There. I was just asking for feedback from those who knew more about his rehab & progress than the folks back home may have access to; that's it.

Thanks to those who have & may respond. We appreciate it back here in Kansas.

It's OK, Crankthat doesn't know what he is talking about. And Trey is ridiculously effective, and we put up one of our best rush defenses after he became starter last year. And I would take Trey over Babz, but they would both be best next to eachother.

But if I was to bet on Trey's return, I would have to say it depends on how the team is doing. If we are somehow in a playoff race, I'm sure he will play. If not, I would imagine him having limited play time, all the way to no play time, to make sure that he is fully healed and ready for 2009.

actually no, grady lost his job because of stupid a** petrino. and grady wasnt a full time starter anyway, so how could he "lose" his job?

i dont care if the coach was a a**. Bottom line is Trey took his job. Trey is a darn fine DT. I dont know why you want to down the guy. He was arguably the best DT we had when he got on the field.

i dont care if the coach was a a**. Bottom line is Trey took his job. Trey is a darn fine DT. I dont know why you want to down the guy. He was arguably the best DT we had when he got on the field.

can you show me some stats to prove that he is the best DT we have? im not downing the guy, but **** when has he played a full season and been productive??how u gonna crown a 6th rounder a good tackle when he hasnt been on the field alot?

can you show me some stats to prove that he is the best DT we have? im not downing the guy, but **** when has he played a full season and been productive??how u gonna crown a 6th rounder a good tackle when he hasnt been on the field alot?

I said when he was on the field he looked like our best DT. It isnt a stat. It is something gained from watching the games.

You are entitled to your opinion as well no doubt, but you wont convince me the guy isnt a baller. Sure he played half a season or so. But that is all we have to go on, and he was a very good player....not a very bad or even very average one.

I said when he was on the field he looked like our best DT. It isnt a stat. It is something gained from watching the games.

You are entitled to your opinion as well no doubt, but you wont convince me the guy isnt a baller. Sure he played half a season or so. But that is all we have to go on, and he was a very good player....not a very bad or even very average one.

the same was said for rod coleman, but look where he is now. i have a vague memory of him being on the field besides the only thing i remember is that fumble he either caused or recovered, but thats about it or was it an interception???see, i dont remember. i think it was a int.

From this post we can only assume that you have never seen him play..unbelievable!

I love stats. Here you go. Defensive comparison for games he started versus our season averages.

Trey started in 5 games. Our team went 3-2. Defense gave up 19.2 ppg. Defense gave up 106.8 rushing per game. Defense gave up 283.6 total yards per game.

In 16 games, our team went 4-12 (1-10 when Trey didn't start). Defense gave up 25.9 ppg. Defense gave up 127.1 rushing per game. Defense gave up 355.5 total yards per game.

Our defense gave up 6.7 less points, 20.3 less rushing yards, and 71.9 less total yards when Trey started.

After Trey Lewis was injured, our defense gave up 33.5 points per game over the last 6 games. We were much better with him than without him.

the same was said for rod coleman, but look where he is now. i have a vague memory of him being on the field besides the only thing i remember is that fumble he either caused or recovered, but thats about it or was it an interception???see, i dont remember. i think it was a int.

Rod Coleman led all DT's in sacks for 3 consecutive seasons. He was a stud before he hit a deer. DOWN WITH BAMBI!!!!!!

I love stats. Here you go. Defensive comparison for games he started versus our season averages.

Trey started in 5 games. Our team went 3-2. Defense gave up 19.2 ppg. Defense gave up 106.8 rushing per game. Defense gave up 283.6 total yards per game.

In 16 games, our team went 4-12 (1-10 when Trey didn't start). Defense gave up 25.9 ppg. Defense gave up 127.1 rushing per game. Defense gave up 355.5 total yards per game.

Our defense gave up 6.7 less points, 20.3 less rushing yards, and 71.9 less total yards when Trey started.

After Trey Lewis was injured, our defense gave up 33.5 points per game over the last 6 games. We were much better with him than without him.

ok...individual stats please??

Week 5 10/07 Lewis had 5 unassisted tackles and 1 int. Tied Jackson for the most tackles by DT and 1 upped him with the int. Best DT on the field for both teams. You can shut up now!

Grady lost his job to Trey Lewis. If you have seen him play, you understand why people care.

Your comment shows you have no clue about the guy.

you cant even count that, the old regime got rid of him because he wasnt playing in their system is what they said, but he was out there making plays

ok...individual stats please??

OK. 19 tackles, 1 PD, 1 INT in 9 games. That's including games he was backing up Grady (9 games total). I think you are confused about the position though, since you are looking for individual stats. Grady Jackson had 30 tackles, 1 sack, 0 PD's, 0 INT's in 16 games last season. So by your evaluation, Trey Lewis is better than Grady Jackson because he averaged more tackles and more impact plays per game?

For the record, I think Grady is very good within his proper scheme. According to our coaches from last season, he was supposed to be taking up blockers, not trying to penetrate the backfield. That wouldn't reflect in stats (for any NT), it would reflect on our overall defense. Our defense played better with Trey in there than they did without him in there. That's enough for me to hope he comes back.