worlds smallest snake found in Barbados.

Neato....i could keep it in my back pocket and throw it over my cubicle at work at the girl on the other side whenever she makes a personal phone call instead of answering the help desk while it's ringing off the hook. ^_^

I would suggest a Gaboon Viper for that. Or a TaiPan. But not so much keeping them in your pocket.

I saw one of these slither under my front porch a few weeks ago:

Black%20Rat%20Snake%20Wilson.jpg

It's a black rat snake, which isn't poisonous, but still.....kinda creepy.

my wife saw a 4 foot one of those about 2 months ago, called me at 1:00 in the afternoon wanting me to come home and chase it away and stay there in case it came back. she was on the deck on the 2nd floor of our house. i was like :blink: :huh:

I saw one of these slither under my front porch a few weeks ago:

Black%20Rat%20Snake%20Wilson.jpg

It's a black rat snake, which isn't poisonous, but still.....kinda creepy.

We have one of those living in the shed. I have seen him about three years in a row and he's getting pretty big now. I figure he'll keep rats out of my comics so he's okay with me. Here's a pic I took last year of him/her.

l_ceeb41113e0562573177af06bfe8b014.jpg

A friend of mine used to have a badass snake. I thought about getting on but I don't think I could feed a mouse to it. That's a little too hardcore for me.

No problem with snakes, but spiders...If I see a spider in my house, no matter what I'm doing, I'm stopping to kill that thing.

We have one of those living in the shed. I have seen him about three years in a row and he's getting pretty big now. I figure he'll keep rats out of my comics so he's okay with me. Here's a pic I took last year of him/her.

l_ceeb41113e0562573177af06bfe8b014.jpg

Cool looking snake, you named it?

That's pretty cool, actually.

I've got a pet Columbian Red-Tailed Boa Constrictor (named Bonnie) at home. She's a little over six feet long and is just beautiful. She'll probably put on another one to two feet (at the most) and live another twenty years. She just shed, too, so her skin is nice and shiny and pretty.

She's also the most laid-back, calm snake I've ever seen. She'll let people she's never seen before hold her with no signs of aggression whatsoever. The only time she's ever aggressive is when she's hunting (which makes sense).

I used to write term papers back in school with her wrapped around my neck sleeping. hehehe...

Direwolf

That's pretty cool, actually.

I've got a pet Columbian Red-Tailed Boa Constrictor (named Bonnie) at home. She's a little over six feet long and is just beautiful. She'll probably put on another one to two feet (at the most) and live another twenty years. She just shed, too, so her skin is nice and shiny and pretty.

She's also the most laid-back, calm snake I've ever seen. She'll let people she's never seen before hold her with no signs of aggression whatsoever. The only time she's ever aggressive is when she's hunting (which makes sense).

I used to write term papers back in school with her wrapped around my neck sleeping. hehehe...

Direwolf

no disrespect but your a dumbA. When I was in HS we had a guy bring in his python and it got scared so it wrapped and constricted around his neck he calmly grabbed some chalk and wrote find its tail to me I answered your a dead SOB. Another guy got its tail and he unwrapped it and it calmed down but you snake handlers are crazy. JMO

no disrespect but your a dumbA. When I was in HS we had a guy bring in his python and it got scared so it wrapped and constricted around his neck he calmly grabbed some chalk and wrote find its tail to me I answered your a dead SOB. Another guy got its tail and he unwrapped it and it calmed down but you snake handlers are crazy. JMO

She was about a foot and a half long at the time, man. No threat whatsoever. I don't generally let her do that kind of thing now, though I'm still stronger than she is.

Besides, if you know what you're doing and respect that it's an animal and will react like one, there's very little danger. I question anyone who'd bring a python (many of which are very touchy - Boas are more laid back in general) into a setting like that where it's almost guaranteed to be frightened and then let it wrap around his neck.

But hey - you're entitled to your opinion even if it is uninformed. ;)

Direwolf

She was about a foot and a half long at the time, man. No threat whatsoever. I don't generally let her do that kind of thing now, though I'm still stronger than she is.

Besides, if you know what you're doing and respect that it's an animal and will react like one, there's very little danger. I question anyone who'd bring a python (many of which are very touchy - Boas are more laid back in general) into a setting like that where it's almost guaranteed to be frightened and then let it wrap around his neck.

But hey - you're entitled to your opinion even if it is uninformed. ;)

Direwolf

man I'm not uninformed it is called scared to death of snakes. They are my phobia if you will. Cool good luck with your snake I will stick to dogs as a pet. Just me.