Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SLICK NICK

A screenshot of my desktop

57 posts in this topic

Desktopsmall.png

I have the Falcons logo as my start button.

When my trash can has files in it, a picture of the other NFC South teams logo will go into it, so I empty it quicker.

Falcons logo in the clock, and of course the Falcons desktop picture, which works really nicely.

What do you guys think?

You can open the file to see it in full view.

Thanks for the hook up, Nick.

I am really enjoying this object dock. I have used stardock products in the past but was not firmiliar with this one.

Not only are the effects and option very cool, programs and internet pages also seem to pop up and load quicker when accessed from the dock. (did you notice this too?)

For anyone who would like a break from sigs, you can also make your own Docklets(its very simple).

Anyhoo, A shot of the desktop ...and a few docklets I made. Anyone is welcome to use them if they like.

DESKTOP1.jpg

INTERNET DOCKLETS

REDWEBDOCKLET.png

BLUEWEBDOCKLET.png

FALCONS WEBSITE DOCKLETS

FALCONSDOCKLET.png

FALCONSDOCKLET2.png

EBAY DOCKLET

EBAYDOCKLET1.png

Thanks for the hook up, Nick.

I am really enjoying this object dock. I have used stardock products in the past but was not firmiliar with this one.

Not only are the effects and option very cool, programs and internet pages also seem to pop up and load quicker when accessed from the dock. (did you notice this too?)

For anyone who would like a break from sigs, you can also make your own Docklets(its very simple).

Anyhoo, A shot of the desktop ...and a few docklets I made. Anyone is welcome to use them if they like.

DESKTOP1.jpg

INTERNET DOCKLETS

REDWEBDOCKLET.png

BLUEWEBDOCKLET.png

FALCONS WEBSITE DOCKLETS

FALCONSDOCKLET.png

FALCONSDOCKLET2.png

EBAY DOCKLET

EBAYDOCKLET1.png

Yeah I noticed. Plus it gives you computer a smooth look. And I agree making your on docklets is just as fun as sigs. :D

Alright Nick, can you send me a PM with the hookup? Between you and the legendary DefCon (Graphic master), I want that SLICK look. LOL

Alright Nick, can you send me a PM with the hookup? Between you and the legendary DefCon (Graphic master), I want that SLICK look. LOL

I will just post them up here:

Download this. It is ObjectDock.

and here are my docklets to go along with defcon4.

The clock I use:

Clock.png

The trashcan I use:

RecycleBin-Empty.png

the empty one is in the ObjectDock that you download.

The start button I use:

Falcons.png

you can pick any picture of the logo, but if you want the one I use this is it.

And if you or anyone wants the background:

falconslarge.jpg

If you have any questions on ObjectDock feel free to ask, and I suggest making your own docklets, because it's a really fun way to make your desktop the way you want. Also check out WinCustomize. It has a lot of cool stuff you can get ideas for.

Can't you download vista on a mac?

yea using Bootcamp. its pretty awesome, since it runs Vista like its a PC. the only thing you have to do is split your harddrive, so the PC side has HD space. B)

yea but i would use the Mac more than the PC side, so id like that view for the Mac side.

Hey you can make your own background. I took the Gloss Red one and did this:

Gloss_Red_BG.pngGloss_Red_Separator.png

all you have to do is make it, and save as the name of the one you want to replace

c:/program files/stardock/object dock

and then whatever your replacing

same with my calender:

Calendar.png

So how do you make your own docklets? And how do you replace the docklets with the images you guys posted?

Also, how do you put a docklet on there for the start menu?

Is there like a tutorial I can read on how the **** to work this thing? :lol:

Once you load the dock up, just right click on the dock. Then clock Add Docklet to add the start menu, etc. Drag and drop the icons into place. To change the image, right click on the icon you want to change and click on Dock Entry properties. Find the image you want to use, and click ok.

As far as making my own, so far I've just used the ones it come with, minus the ones Defcon and Nick have posted.

Okay well I've been trying to download that uTorrent docklet but whenever I try to open it it won't open, it just shows up as a piece of white paper and when I click on it it says it can't open it, any suggestions?