BE REAL HERE!

Be real here. DJ will be on the team as 1st 2nd or 3rd string QB. So everyone wants all our QB's to be pocket passers? DJ brings a different game- He scrambles, has an accurate arm, Has a good deep ball. Thats what we need until Matty Ice is ready. Redman isnt that great to me; he and Harrington seem to freakout with pass rushers. I seem to think that with Shockley - he can at least get away from pass rushers with his feet. No Georgia fan thought Shockley would be good after David Greene left but DJ shocked everyone showing he is a good QB!!! So college, Pro etc...No one thought Brett Farve would have been that good when he came into the NFL!! So Falcon fans unite if Shockley dosent make this team then its the same old Falcons.. CHANGE!! MATT RYAN AND DJ SHOCKLEY FOR THE FUTURE!!! :P

Be real here. DJ will be on the team as 1st 2nd or 3rd string QB. So everyone wants all our QB's to be pocket passers? DJ brings a different game- He scrambles, has an accurate arm, Has a good deep ball. Thats what we need until Matty Ice is ready. Redman isnt that great to me; he and Harrington seem to freakout with pass rushers. I seem to think that with Shockley - he can at least get away from pass rushers with his feet. No Georgia fan thought Shockley would be good after David Greene left but DJ shocked everyone showing he is a good QB!!! So college, Pro etc...No one thought Brett Farve would have been that good when he came into the NFL!! So Falcon fans unite if Shockley dosent make this team then its the same old Falcons.. CHANGE!! MATT RYAN AND DJ SHOCKLEY FOR THE FUTURE!!! :P

Check the NEW playbook. Vick/ DJ QB's style qb's don't have the special plays now. DJ's biggest handicap is the new playbook doesn't play to the strengths it did when he was drafted.

I have no problem with DJ Shockley whatsoever. I'll even be happy if he makes the team as I like the guy and his style of play.

But all the threads flooding this board right now are just pointless. We haven't even played a preseason game, and people are already naming starters, backups, who will be cut etc...

I agree that DJ will be on the team this year. I also agree that he brings a different type of game than Ryan, Redman, or Harrington because his is more mobile. It seems to me that most of the people on this board think that he is a running QB. He's not. Yes he is good at moving around when the pocket brakes down, but he is pass first and run second. This season's offence will be similar to what he ran in Georgia, and to me he is the best fit QB to play week one.

I have no problem with DJ Shockley whatsoever. I'll even be happy if he makes the team as I like the guy and his style of play.

But all the threads flooding this board right now are just pointless. We haven't even played a preseason game, and people are already naming starters, backups, who will be cut etc...

QFT

I didn't see D.J. scrambling now more than the others. If anything, he stepped up in the pocket many times... <_<

This is the most sensible thing I have read on here in ages.

Check the NEW playbook. Vick/ DJ QB's style qb's don't have the special plays now. DJ's biggest handicap is the new playbook doesn't play to the strengths it did when he was drafted.

What are you talkin bout. Garrard and Maddox and Stewart are all mobile, plus Harrington and Ryan have ran in this offense, while DJ has stayed in the pocket the whole time.

I have been to 7 practices this year. I am no expert but this is what I see so far and I do know it is still early. QB Redman looks like he needs to go back into the insurance business. Ryan looks like a rookie not very impressive. Harrington has looked the best of all, but he still can’t throw the ball more than 20 yards and holds on to the ball to long. Shockley has the strongest arm but is not very accurate. The defense is way ahead of the offense and guys this is our defense. I think we are in trouble this year. I do like the coaching staff but they have their work cut out for them.

redman is gong to be the starting QB.

DJ will be the 3rd guy.

He has skill but Redman has more saavy about the position.

Harrington-Loser

Did you go to roam the dome or mill creek and watch the scrimages? Redman was awful and Shock was the star at both. Everyone that went has posted this. Redman is not touching the field in a regular season game playing the way he did this weekend. The question should be is he going to beat out Joey for 3rd string because DJ is going to take the starting job.

yes I did. I have two rings from college.
Hey, this is the "street cred" analysis, right? Well, I only have one ring from college, from the Sun Bowl, and a watch from the old Copper Bowl.

You must be a Georgia Southern guy (judging by your avatar), which would explain why you wouldn't know what's required of a passing QB and pro style offense. It'll be interesting to see how Johnson and the Yellow Jackets do in the ACC running the triple option.

Congrats on the rings, though.