Newsflash: DJ Shockley is NOT starting for the Falcons this year

g-dawg

I cannot believe how many supposedly football educated people on these message boards think that DJ Shockley might be the Falcons starter. Look, I'm obviously a Georgia Bulldog fan as well as you can see - but to think that DJ is going to start is totally devoid of reality. He has almost no shot at being starter and little chance of being #2......

Let's try and be realistic guys - he is getting to play more in these scrimmages because the Falcons coaches are letting DJ run the "scout" team and letting Redman, Ryan and Harrington are "running" with the 1st team starters.....

Let's bring some REALITY to these messageboards guys - I love the DAWGS as much as anybody - but let's not be "crazy homers" guys!

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I cannot believe how many supposedly football educated people on these message boards think that DJ Shockley might be the Falcons starter. Look, I'm obviously a Georgia Bulldog fan as well as you can see - but to think that DJ is going to start is totally devoid of reality. He has almost no shot at being starter and little chance of being #2......

Let's try and be realistic guys - he is getting to play more in these scrimmages because the Falcons coaches are letting DJ run the "scout" team and letting Redman, Ryan and Harrington are "running" with the 1st team starters.....

Let's bring some REALITY to these messageboards guys - I love the DAWGS as much as anybody - but let's not be "crazy homers" guys!

You speak in such absolutes....at least the others use the word MIGHT....

We don't know yet but I'm pretty positive that he won't start a single game this whole season. It is pretty funny reading people say he will lead us to the playoffs and that we wasted money drafting Matt Ryan because we have D.J. Shockley.

If our 3rd string QB is that great then we should be getting a lot of trade offers for him.

We don't know yet but I'm pretty positive that he won't start a single game this whole season. It is pretty funny reading people say he will lead us to the playoffs and that we wasted money drafting Matt Ryan because we have D.J. Shockley.

If our 3rd string QB is that great then we should be getting a lot of trade offers for him.

come on Bloodz...more absolutes...

come on Bloodz...more absolutes...

Man I'm pulling for Shockley just like every other player on this team, but I seriously doubt he starts a game for us; I mean he has a chance but it's pretty slim. It's almost like people want Matt Ryan to fail though so Shockley can get a chance. You got some clown calling Matt Ryan Matlilda, which is pretty **** lame.

Why do you say he is running the scout team? That's not the report that has been coming in.

Redman proved he can play last year and the team really came together better with him at qb. He has starting experiecne. DJ has none. But I hope Shock beats out Harrington.

Prior to Brady taking over in NE he had none either.....time will tell.

What experience does Matt have? none

I think it's great that DJ's playing aginst 1st team DEF, and from what I hear is doing better than the other QB's.

Prior to Brady taking over in NE he had none either.....time will tell.

What experience does Matt have? none

And Brady wasn't the starter either just like Shock won't be. (barring injuries} Ryan may wind up 3rd string to begin with. Just like he is right now. time always does if you have a good coaching staff.

And Brady wasn't the starter either just like Shock won't be. (barring injuries} Ryan may wind up 3rd string to begin with. Just like he is right now. time always does if you have a good coaching staff.

Can DJy become the starter? what is so IMPOSSIBLE about it....Im not saying this is your mind set Noblowski..but I am addressing those that have it....what so impossible about him becoming the starter?

NEWS FLASH! You don't know who the starter is anymore then anyone else.

He or we may not know who the starter is, but if you wnt to even venture a guess that it will be shockley, lets go to vegas first, the dude has exactly asmany nfl games played that i do and probably you also, he is the and was the 3rd string qb. hopefully he can get harrington off the team but that is about all one could hope. Give him a couple of years at least until we make him the next coming of Brady.

He or we may not know who the starter is, but if you wnt to even venture a guess that it will be shockley, lets go to vegas first, the dude has exactly asmany nfl games played that i do and probably you also, he is the and was the 3rd string qb. hopefully he can get harrington off the team but that is about all one could hope. Give him a couple of years at least until we make him the next coming of Brady.

Isn't playing in pre-season playing in the NFL? Hasn't DJ played in Preseason games...so technically hes played in the NFL...

Ryan hasn't....

:lol: This is going to be Shockley's 3rd season in the NFL don't tell me he doesn't have "NFL games". Just because he hasn't played in a regular season game doesn't mean he is automatically sh*t and worthless and will never play. The QB competition is open. Open means ANYONE can be starting. You never know, so stop with the hating it doesn't make sense.

It really would be shocking for a 7th rd. pick to take the starting role from a #3 first rd pick. However, the birds are starting over and it could possibly happen for Shockley to be the starter until Mattie Ice is ready................................... but HIGHLY doubtful.