MY TAKE ON THE PRESEASON/ROAM THE DOME

Yesterday my family and I went to roam the dome. Let me say the new Dome improvements are awesome. For Shockley he did look good; he threw a fade route in the corner of the endzone where Harry Douglas caught a beautiful catch. Redman's first series he threw a interception and the same for Ryan which he tried to thread it between 2 defenders and Blue intercepted it. Harrington is garbage he did throw a touchdown to Finneran on a cross route. The people around where I sat were saying DJ should earn a spot on the team. Lets think about something alot of you guys never probably thought of--- 1. Matt Ryan is the future, why would we pay SO MUCH for a 2nd sting QB? 2. DJ is still young he can back up Ryan for years down the road(we need a young backup and Shockley fits that role)!! 3. Redman is a VET and he should backup as a 2nd or 3rd string QB for maybe 2-3 yrs at the most. 4. Harrington is done he is like 36yrs old and we do not need to keep a washed up QB.... If I were Mike Smith here would be my Depth Chart this year.

OFFENSE

QB'S = (1) DJ Shockley, (2) Chris Redman, (3) Matt Ryan

RB'S = (1) Michael Turner, (2) Jerious Norwood, (3) Thomas Brown

FBS= (1) Ovie Mughelli,(2) Jason Snelling

WRS= (1) Roddy White, (2) Laurent Robinson, (3) Harry Douglass, (4) Joe Horn, (5) Brian Finneran,(6) Michael Jenkins

TE'S= (1) Ben Hartsock,(2) Martrez Milner,(3) Keith Zinger

GUARDS= (1) Justin Blaylock, (2) Kynan Forney,(3) Tyson Clabo

TACKLES= (1) Sam Baker, (2) Todd Weiner, (3) Harvey Dahl

CENTERS= (1) Todd MCCLURE, (2) Ben WIlkerson

KICKER= Jason Elam

PUNTER= Michael Koenen

DEFENSE

CB'S= (1) Chris Houston, (2) Brent Grimes, (3) Chevis Jackson,(4) David Irons, (5) Wilrey Fontenot

LB'S= (1) Keith Brooking,(2) Michael Boley,(3) Tony Taylor,(4) Curtis Lofton, (5) Steven Nicholas,(6) Robert James

DLINE= (1) John Abraham, (2) Jamal Anderson, (3) Brandon Miller, (4) Kroy Biermann, (5) Grady Jackson, (6) Rashad Moore, (7)Montavious Stanley (8) Trey Lewis, (9) Kindall Moorehead, (10) Jonathon Babineaux

SAFETY'S= (1) Lawyer Milloy, (2) Erik Coleman, (3) Deren Stone, (4) Thomas Decoud, (5) Eric Brock

PUP LIST= Von Hutchins

Prctice Squad= Alex Stepanovich, Brad Listorti, Antonine Harris, Deke Cooper,Jason Radar, Tony Gonzalez.

Antonine Harris will start at Nickel CB, but your list looks good to me other than that.

I would keep Harrington over Redman though.

Also, I think will we cut the extra WRs to Keep all four RB, since Running the Ball is a Primary offense Phil.

Clabo is Starting RT I personally think he is better than Weiner anyway.

Shockley is going to start, Other than Douglas Shock had the 3rd and 4th team offense going against the 1st team defense. People are going to have to come to reality pretty soon and realize DJ is a future star in the NFL. Shockley is going to start and lead this team to the brink of the playoffs this year.

Shockley is going to start, Other than Douglas Shock had the 3rd and 4th team offense going against the 1st team defense. People are going to have to come to reality pretty soon and realize DJ is a future star in the NFL. Shockley is going to start and lead this team to the brink of the playoffs this year.

Hahahahahhahahahahaha !! :lol::lol::lol:

You is so funny !

Open your Buckeyes !

If for some strange series of events DJ outperforms Harrington or the others, They would try to trade Redman or Harrington to get some value as they are under contract. More likely they will cut DJ as no one will trade for him, last time I checked there were no Georgia alums in the other NFL front offices....

is this bizzaro world?

you guys are crazy - the Falcons are not considering DJ Shockley for starter......he got to play the whole scrimmage yesterday because he was runnin' the scout team for goodness sake! He's the only player not being considered for starter.

Let me break it down for you guys......

Redman and Ryan are competing for starting position

Harrington and Shockley are competing for the final 3rd QB spot on the roster

How it shakes out:

Redman starts the first few games - if he does not win but offensive line isn't too horrible - then in comes Matt Ryan - otherwise, Redman coninues...

Shockley, in an upset, unseats Harrington and makes this team as a 3rd string back-up.

But the Falcons are not looking at Shockley to start - I know they said it was an "open" competition but the Packers said three weeks ago that they would "welcome" Brett Favre back as well.......(well, Favre maybe back tomorrow but the Packers don't exactly "welcome it")

Who really thinks the Falcons are considering Shockley to start? c'mon now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PUP LIST= Von Hutchins

Prctice Squad= Alex Stepanovich, Brad Listorti, Antonine Harris, Deke Cooper,Jason Radar, Tony Gonzalez.

Hutchins is IR'd, not on the PUP list. He won't be eligible to play in '08

Stepanovich is a 5 year guy. Not eligible for the PS.

Cooper is a 6 year guy. Same thing

And finally: Gonzalez is not even on the team.

is this bizzaro world?

you guys are crazy - the Falcons are not considering DJ Shockley for starter......he got to play the whole scrimmage yesterday because he was runnin' the scout team for goodness sake! He's the only player not being considered for starter.

Let me break it down for you guys......

Redman and Ryan are competing for starting position

Harrington and Shockley are competing for the final 3rd QB spot on the roster

How it shakes out:

Redman starts the first few games - if he does not win but offensive line isn't too horrible - then in comes Matt Ryan - otherwise, Redman coninues...

Shockley, in an upset, unseats Harrington and makes this team as a 3rd string back-up.

But the Falcons are not looking at Shockley to start - I know they said it was an "open" competition but the Packers said three weeks ago that they would "welcome" Brett Favre back as well.......(well, Favre maybe back tomorrow but the Packers don't exactly "welcome it")

Who really thinks the Falcons are considering Shockley to start? c'mon now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree exactly. Shock is getting playing time so they can evaluate whether to keep him or Joey. Shockley most likely will make the team and I hope it's because he is better, not because of his hometown North Clayton heritage marketability. But it's nice for the fans to go overboard. Dreams of a homey making it are good.

John Joseph Harrington.........."Joey"......................is 29 yrs. old.

He is also outperforming Redman making him the best experienced qb on

our roster so far. His touchdown passes are always garbage and the other

guys incompletions were awesome according to this board. It is getting really

weird how distorted some people have got things.

Guys Coach Smith believes in OPEN competition, and that means if DJ is playing the best, then he is gonna start. Its funny the people who went to scrimmage and stuff see DJ could start, and people who didnt go still cant believe it. How about the guys who havent been LISTEN!! This aint Buckeyes and I talkin bout Shockley starting, but other guys who doubted up, who have seen Shockley play want him to start. Yall cant believe Shockley is good why?? I understand yall think Smith wants to see if Shockley is working keeping, but remember Smith believe in open competition, so DJ has the same chance as every1 else. they want to put the best on the field, and that might be shockley.

Yesterday my family and I went to roam the dome. Let me say the new Dome improvements are awesome. For Shockley he did look good; he threw a fade route in the corner of the endzone where Harry Douglas caught a beautiful catch. Redman's first series he threw a interception and the same for Ryan which he tried to thread it between 2 defenders and Blue intercepted it. Harrington is garbage he did throw a touchdown to Finneran on a cross route. The people around where I sat were saying DJ should earn a spot on the team. Lets think about something alot of you guys never probably thought of--- 1. Matt Ryan is the future, why would we pay SO MUCH for a 2nd sting QB? 2. DJ is still young he can back up Ryan for years down the road(we need a young backup and Shockley fits that role)!! 3. Redman is a VET and he should backup as a 2nd or 3rd string QB for maybe 2-3 yrs at the most. 4. Harrington is done he is like 36yrs old and we do not need to keep a washed up QB.... If I were Mike Smith here would be my Depth Chart this year.

OFFENSE

QB'S = (1) DJ Shockley, (2) Chris Redman, (3) Matt Ryan

RB'S = (1) Michael Turner, (2) Jerious Norwood, (3) Thomas Brown

FBS= (1) Ovie Mughelli,(2) Jason Snelling

WRS= (1) Roddy White, (2) Laurent Robinson, (3) Harry Douglass, (4) Joe Horn, (5) Brian Finneran,(6) Michael Jenkins

TE'S= (1) Ben Hartsock,(2) Martrez Milner,(3) Keith Zinger

GUARDS= (1) Justin Blaylock, (2) Kynan Forney,(3) Tyson Clabo

TACKLES= (1) Sam Baker, (2) Todd Weiner, (3) Harvey Dahl

CENTERS= (1) Todd MCCLURE, (2) Ben WIlkerson

KICKER= Jason Elam

PUNTER= Michael Koenen

DEFENSE

CB'S= (1) Chris Houston, (2) Brent Grimes, (3) Chevis Jackson,(4) David Irons, (5) Wilrey Fontenot

LB'S= (1) Keith Brooking,(2) Michael Boley,(3) Tony Taylor,(4) Curtis Lofton, (5) Steven Nicholas,(6) Robert James

DLINE= (1) John Abraham, (2) Jamal Anderson, (3) Brandon Miller, (4) Kroy Biermann, (5) Grady Jackson, (6) Rashad Moore, (7)Montavious Stanley (8) Trey Lewis, (9) Kindall Moorehead, (10) Jonathon Babineaux

SAFETY'S= (1) Lawyer Milloy, (2) Erik Coleman, (3) Deren Stone, (4) Thomas Decoud, (5) Eric Brock

PUP LIST= Von Hutchins

Won't get too much into the great QB debate. I liked Harrington's potential when he came out, but I don't think he has it anymore. I do understand the desire to have 2 experienced QB's on the roster though, so he could beat out Shockley because of that. Shockley is at best an average NFL backup QB & most likely a good 3rd QB on any NFL roster. He's not a starter.

The depth chart (outside of QB) is not bad. Need to put Hutchins on IR and move Trey Lewis to PUP (if we can designate 2 players to the PUP, Foster is already there). Take Harris off the PS and put him on the roster. Move Stepanovich to the roster as #2 C because he can't go on the PS. Move Wilkerson to G as a backup, who can also back up C, drop Forney from the roster. Move Brandon Miller to the PS and add DT Tim Anderson to the roster to take Lewis' place until he's back. Add Michael Butterworth to the PS.

JMO