If we had David Greene rather than DJ Shockley,

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He's UGA's all-time winningest QB. How can you hate that?

Yea but If Shockley started from Day one his Upside would have been undefeated season with a National Championship like Stafford about to do.

But, if David Greene was there now Stafford wouldnt see the field until his Senior Year too.

Get it!

Above Average QB vs The Truth, or Shockley =Superstars

I think alot of the brethren on the board saw Shockley as a pick for the homers. I don't think they ever intended for him to stick. He was the Studious version of Mike Vick. Liked to study film, liked to learn the play book, like to throw the ball. I was always under the impression he was brought in to fill seats, on the "Just in case", rather than as a player to be developed.

Now, having said that, he looks like he wants this. My hats off to him. I hope he makes it. BEcause you can never have enough players who want it bad enough. Davis Greene was a great QB for Georgia and will always be a great in the College game. His game wasn't made for the pro's though.

I think alot of the brethren on the board saw Shockley as a pick for the homers. I don't think they ever intended for him to stick. He was the Studious version of Mike Vick. Liked to study film, liked to learn the play book, like to throw the ball. I was always under the impression he was brought in to fill seats, on the "Just in case", rather than as a player to be developed.

Now, having said that, he looks like he wants this. My hats off to him. I hope he makes it. BEcause you can never have enough players who want it bad enough. Davis Greene was a great QB for Georgia and will always be a great in the College game. His game wasn't made for the pro's though.

Yep. DJ was #7's injury replacement, less damage to the old playbook. New regime now, let's see.....

Greene was steady but nowhere near the upside that shockley has.

lol. Some of you talk as if Shockley upside is high as ****. If Shockley had that much upside he would not have been picked in the 7th round, and that probably wouldn't have happened if Shockley didn't go to UGA.

This should be interesting.
This should be interesting.

this is my take on all the hype and criticism concerning dj. 1st and foremost, if dj was a white qb he wouldn't get criticize by his critics. why would anyone want to be hard on a humble athlete with so much talent and ambition?

he stayed loyal to his team by staying at uga when he could have played for another team. when he finally got his opportunity he made the best of it by leading his team to a SEC victory and led them to a major bowl game(sugar bowl). without dj the bulldawgs was dead in the water that year.

like georgiafan i understand how gifted this kid is. dj is a winner people and i truly believe he can lead this team to a sb if he's given a fair opportunity. some want to say he got drafted because he is similar to vick but only mora and his staff have the answer. i see a huge differents between the 2.

dj is a team player but mike was all for himself. if mike had dj's attitude and collaboration it's no telling how far he could have taken this team. if i had to choose between the 2, i'm taking dj.

Who did Shockley have that was better than what DG had?? DG had way better wides and Defense, which Shockley had scrub wides, and his best RB was Brown as a sophmore.

For one thing, SHockley had a monster Offensive line. . .

THomas Brown? Craig Lumpkin?

They returned fifteen out of twenty two starters, 15 out of twenty one that weren't DJ SHockley.