Why won't some parents control their kids?

Lightmare

So me and my girlfriend went to a restaurant last night. I was interested in getting a large adult beverage and making bad decisions, so I had no problem. Beside us were two portly women, one black and one white. Both were getting tipsy and louder with the passing minutes. In the booth behind us were their kids. The whole time, the were jumping in the chairs, getting ON the **** table, screaming, running around the restaurant, throwing food, etc.., and the parents acted like they saw nothing. Just annoying as ****. My gf wanted to say something to the parents, but I didn't feel like hearing the skanks argue back because I was already in a bad mood and knew I wouldn't be able to bite my tongue. It was one of those times you just wanted to turn around and yell, "SIT THE F*** DOWN!", but couldn't because you're afraid of how big of an *** you'd look like. Plus I had been drinking and didn't want the trouble.

Are these parents too lazy to take responsibility? I really don't get it. I wasn't the best kid, but I knew I'd be in for it if I did stuff like that in public when I was little. Parents like this are a complete joke. It's really like they just pawn their kids off and make them someone else's problem.

Two women bring their kids with them to a restaurant while they get drunk. CLEARLY, they have horrible decision making skills. Their kids running around like wild indians was probably the least of their concern. Saying something wouldn't have done anything - I'm sure they were very aware of it. They just didn't care.