Dorsey sprains left knee during practice

michaelgee

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp...tory?id=3516832

RIVER FALLS, Wis. -- Kansas City top draft pick Glenn Dorsey sprained his left knee during practice Saturday.

The team said Dorsey will undergo an MRI to determine how bad the injury is. The injury happened when the defensive tackle collided with another lineman during practice. After Dorsey limped off the field, trainers wrapped his knee and put ice on it. He then went to the locker room and wasn't seen for the rest of practice

No defensive tackle makes enough of an impact to warrant over 50 million as a rookie. on top of the fact that it was hit or miss that he would continue his injury woes, it now looks like we made the right move with ryan.

thats not to say much yet though. Ryan is also hit or miss. everyone loves him though, so why not, i'll join.

a franchise qb that pans out can have a huge impact on a team, a franchise, and a city. Matt Ryan will either be our savior or just a bad taste.

No defensive tackle makes enough of an impact to warrant over 50 million as a rookie. on top of the fact that it was hit or miss that he would continue his injury woes, it now looks like we made the right move with ryan.

thats not to say much yet though. Ryan is also hit or miss. everyone loves him though, so why not, i'll join.

a franchise qb that pans out can have a huge impact on a team, a franchise, and a city. Matt Ryan will either be our savior or just a bad taste.

wrong move - the qb position was our least concern and the dt position was our biggest concern - do the math. if they thought dorsey had injury issures then they should have taken sedrick ellis.

wrong move - the qb position was our least concern and the dt position was our biggest concern - do the math. if they thought dorsey had injury issures then they should have taken sedrick ellis.

I like Dorsey, but 50mil for a rookie is crazy. atleast with Ryan if he pans out, then its not that crazy of a price, but the best DT in the league doesnt get that much.

True, but one outside of the top 10 best DT's does.

Gotta love the Raiders.

cant blame them. gotta blame us and the matt ryan deal. it really put matt ryan in a bad spot. people see the money, and want him to be the starter for day one, which is a stupid idea, since that could make him the next joey.

Can we stop talking about injuries on this board. We dont wanna temp karma. You'd think the injury gods will shine on the Birds since they shat right down on the Braves this year.

thats true, but i like how the coaches want to push the players, but they are making sure that they stay safe. at the Friday night lights game. if a pile started the refs would call the whistle, so they didnt get hurt, which is porbably why turner didnt look so good.

I like Dorsey, but 50mil for a rookie is crazy. atleast with Ryan if he pans out, then its not that crazy of a price, but the best DT in the league doesnt get that much.

that doesn't change the fact that we needed a quality dt a whole lot more than drafting a qb. those contracts are based on hard-to -reach incentives that may bring the realized value of those agreements lower.

in 1969 pittsburgh drafted the best dt(mean joe greene) 4th overall and they drafted terry bradshaw the following year - by the way, mean joe greene could had been a falcon but we took a ol instead. pittsburgh knew how important it was to build a dominant defense in order to be successful in this league. pittsburgh won 4 sbs because they had the guts to focus their attention on defense 1st.

we always focus our attention on the offense which is part of the reasons why we havn't won a sb. i like what the texans and the saints have done - they are building their interior defense which is the most important position on a football team. i think the texans need to hire a coach with championship experience if they want to take it to the next level.

dorsey, ellis or trevor law would have had an tremendous impact on our defense for years to come.