No Petrino, new system, a year older: Chris Redman may be Football's version of Cinderella

ATL-03

An aging Chris Redman who was previously out of football for three years before Petrino allowed him to come back is now seen as viable option as the 2008 starting QB.

Redman is better than Harrington, but the pressure that they will face from NFL defenses will be more intense and the inability to move in the pocket and make plays makes them a liability and the chances of them getting knocked out of games goes up dramatically.

Redman was a starter way back in 2003 on two different occassions and couldn't stay on the field.

An aging Chris Redman who was previously out of football for three years before Petrino allowed him to come back is now seen as viable option as the 2008 starting QB.

Redman is better than Harrington, but the pressure that they will face from NFL defenses will be more intense and the inability to move in the pocket and make plays makes them a liability and the chances of them getting knocked out of games goes up dramatically.

Redman was a starter way back in 2003 on two different occassions and couldn't stay on the field.

OH GOD, IT IS YOU AGAIN. I wish I could close all your threads. And maybe turn off your electricity. Then prevent your children from talking to other children. Or, I don't know, plenty of other things that would get me banned from this board.

And, in response to your ignorant post, Redman is not aging. He is the same age as Brady and Peyton Manning. Redman was also not out of football, but just not a starter, and that is only because of injury. He also played against NFL defenses, especially Seattle's first team defense, a top 10 D, and he was quick and accurate with the ball. He has great pocket presence, and has many times taken the tackle to get the ball out (and usually completed).

And by your logic, Joey being on the field more (and performing poorly in many different systems) means he is the better QB. Redman being injured, and not a top 3 overall pick lead to him bouncing around teams. Redman is clearly the better QB, despite less time on the field. Redman being a starter "way back in 2003" is totally biased. It's when Joey was drafted, and no one calls him old. 03 is actually not long ago, and to have a full football team, you will need plenty of players from 2003 and before (try checking out every successful team not going through rebuilding).

And occasions has no double s.

And please, just stop posting.

OH GOD, IT IS YOU AGAIN. I wish I could close all your threads. And maybe turn off your electricity. Then prevent your children from talking to other children. Or, I don't know, plenty of other things that would get me banned from this board.

And, in response to your ignorant post, Redman is not aging. He is the same age as Brady and Peyton Manning. Redman was also not out of football, but just not a starter, and that is only because of injury. He also played against NFL defenses, especially Seattle's first team defense, a top 10 D, and he was quick and accurate with the ball. He has great pocket presence, and has many times taken the tackle to get the ball out (and usually completed).

And by your logic, Joey being on the field more (and performing poorly in many different systems) means he is the better QB. Redman being injured, and not a top 3 overall pick lead to him bouncing around teams. Redman is clearly the better QB, despite less time on the field. Redman being a starter "way back in 2003" is totally biased. It's when Joey was drafted, and no one calls him old. 03 is actually not long ago, and to have a full football team, you will need plenty of players from 2003 and before (try checking out every successful team not going through rebuilding).

And occasions has no double s.

And please, just stop posting.

Redman is no Manning or Brady. Harrington is garbage with his 25-50 record as a NFL starter. Redman is very much over-rated and last year's Seattle win was at the end of theseason when Seattle only played half the game with their starters because they had already made the playoffs. If Seattle wanted to win that meaningless game, they would have done so.

i enjoy reading your posts though to be honest

Thanks. I don't know why others try to make me out to be such a bad guy... I don't cuss or put vulgar stuff on this board, but try to provide constructive OPINIONS and dialouge against things I think should be corrected..is that so wrong?

Chris Redman is a nice guy, but he is not a long-term solution and is a weaker version of Jon Kitna..he may have a moment or two, but his lacking skill set and lack of mobility will be hinderance for the Falcons.

Facts- Redman 1-4 behind our OL.

13 @STL L 28-16

14 NO L 34-14 23

15 @TB L 37-3 the game I remenber most

16 @ARI L 30-27 (OT)

17 SEA W 44-41 the game You remember most

Second Stringers were in!

Plus it was Petrino Offense which he is a specilist in.

13 @STL L 28-16

14 NO L 34-14 23

16 @ARI L 30-27 (OT)

I bet you placed all the blame on Vick for our 7-9 and 8-8 seasons as well didn't you? Really though, how many offenses in the NFL can overcome an average of about 35-36 points allowed by our defense? I love how you threw in the Rams game as well, considering the fact he came in at the 4th quarter.

OL is what cause our bad season, Everyone knows that.

Vick just covered up their weakness passing Blocking,

Then everyone would ***** because he threw it wild some of the time, at least he got rid of it.

Shockley is the only Option until TD gets some Hogs up front!

Redman =Joey both wont be able to get rid of the Ball before getting their heads knock off.

Redman is last on my list because Joey is better, if we Block.

Redman looked good in Petrino's offense, but DJ is and always will be better in any offense

Redman is no Manning or Brady. Harrington is garbage with his 25-50 record as a NFL starter. Redman is very much over-rated and last year's Seattle win was at the end of theseason when Seattle only played half the game with their starters because they had already made the playoffs. If Seattle wanted to win that meaningless game, they would have done so.

Redman is overrated??? OMG....Where is he overrated at??? If you look at any magazine or listen to any analyst talk shows....Redman has gotten NO respect. Overrated??? If anything, he is underrated.

Redman is garbage, Harrington is garbage, and Ryan will soon prove he's garbage.

There's a reason Redman hasn't stayed on with a team, he's turrible.

Just go ahead and say it.....All of them white boyz are garbage!!! You know you want to, but it is ok....I see right through you.

13 @STL L 28-16

14 NO L 34-14 23

16 @ARI L 30-27 (OT)

And 3 - 3 with a different line.

OL is what cause our bad season, Everyone knows that.

Vick just covered up their weakness passing Blocking,

Then everyone would ***** because he threw it wild some of the time, at least he got rid of it.

Shockley is the only Option until TD gets some Hogs up front!

Redman =Joey both wont be able to get rid of the Ball before getting their heads knock off.

Redman is last on my list because Joey is better, if we Block.

Redman looked good in Petrino's offense, but DJ is and always will be better in any offense

And....DJ has proved this to you when? From 1 college season 3 years ago? Wow.....You have alot to back up your theory.

Just go ahead and say it.....All of them white boyz are garbage!!! You know you want to, but it is ok....I see right through you.

Jigga is white, Redman looks bad in this new offense. From what I saw with my own eyes at mill creek and what everyone has said at the dome scrimmage. This is the way it looked this weekend---->>>1. DJ, 2. Ryan, 3. Joey or Redman tough to decide who looked better of those two. DJ was clearly show most command and chemistry and knowledge out there.

here is something for you newbie