Russdogg

Chiefs rookie Dorsey collides with teammate, sprains left knee during practice

Associated Press

Updated: August 2, 2008, 10:49 PM ET

Comment

Email

Print

Dorsey

RIVER FALLS, Wis. -- Kansas City Chiefs rookie defensive tackle Glenn Dorsey sprained his left knee Saturday.

The team said Dorsey will have an MRI to determine how bad the injury is. The injury happened during practice at training camp when Dorsey collided with another lineman.

Dorsey is the second Kansas City rookie to be hurt in training camp. Left tackle Branden Albert sprained his foot during Thursday night's joint practice with Minnesota and is expected to be out for at least a week.

Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press

Chiefs rookie Dorsey collides with teammate, sprains left knee during practice

Associated Press

Updated: August 2, 2008, 10:49 PM ET

Comment

Email

Print

Dorsey

RIVER FALLS, Wis. -- Kansas City Chiefs rookie defensive tackle Glenn Dorsey sprained his left knee Saturday.

The team said Dorsey will have an MRI to determine how bad the injury is. The injury happened during practice at training camp when Dorsey collided with another lineman.

Dorsey is the second Kansas City rookie to be hurt in training camp. Left tackle Branden Albert sprained his foot during Thursday night's joint practice with Minnesota and is expected to be out for at least a week.

Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press

Uhhh Ohhhhhh :o

I wanted Dorsey over Matt Ryan with 3 days until the draft but I started warming to Ryan as it got closer. And.........the more I kept looking at Dorsey's injury history - that was the final "tipping point" over to Matt Ryan.........

I just think Dorsey will be dominant but oft-injured. Matt Ryan's arm is "nothing special" but neither was Joe Montana's, Peyton Manning's and neither was Tom Brady's out of college(but Brady's arm has gotten stronger).

I believe Thomas Dimitroff made the right call......time will tell. :rolleyes:

I wanted Dorsey over Matt Ryan with 3 days until the draft but I started warming to Ryan as it got closer. And.........the more I kept looking at Dorsey's injury history - that was the final "tipping point" over to Matt Ryan.........

I just think Dorsey will be dominant but oft-injured. Matt Ryan's arm is "nothing special" but neither was Joe Montana's, Peyton Manning's and neither was Tom Brady's out of college(but Brady's arm has gotten stronger).

peyton has a cannon also.

peyton has a cannon also.
Dorsey will back soon..

Agree on both. Dorsey managed to play through injury during college, and I'm sure they are cooling him off before the season starts.

And Peyton has always been able to bomb it out. But I can agree the long ball is overrated.

bingo, bango, bongo!!!!!!

now what if Dorsey becomes nothing more than an injury-proned average DT and Matt Ryan becomes the next elite QB...then all the fans that dissed Ryan would look like fools lol

Nah - they'll just insist that they knew Ryan was a keeper from Day 1. Dorsey? Who's he?

Never underestimate the power of revisionism.

still dorsey over ryan...?? perhaps we saw this coming, i dont know that its serious, but its on espn, mri to see how bad, so its bad they say.

How can you assume he would have got hurt in a Falcons TC? Because he is hurt now doesn't mean it was great to pick one person over the other. You can't evaluate draft picks for years.

How can you assume he would have got hurt in a Falcons TC? Because he is hurt now doesn't mean it was great to pick one person over the other. You can't evaluate draft picks for years.

Because of the injury history. The likelihood based on previous amount of injuries is that he would have been hurt sooner or later in his rookie season no matter where he was playing

Initially, I wanted Sedrick Ellis over both of them...but as the draft drew closer, I began to lean more and more towards Ryan. I'm satisfied and hoping that everything works out for the better, regarding the Falcons' selection.

Yeah it seems like someone may be injury prone.

I wanted Dorsey over Ryan and still do but I don't feel so strongly about it anymore. I can see Dorsey being a Pro-bowl type player and I think the chances of that are better than him just being injured and out of the league in less than five years. He may have some John Abraham type years where he is healthy and plays great and then spends the next season injured or hampered so that his production is down but it should still be a very good career for him when it's all said and done.

As for Ryan I didn't see the point in bringing in the, "hot" QB when I wasn't sure what distinguished him from the others that we have. I admit to being a bit biased when it comes to Shockley because I just think the idea of a Ga. boy leading the pro team back from ruin is poetic, BUT back to Ryan. I can see now what makes him different. I have yet to even see him throw a ball and I like him already. I like how he seems confident, team oriented and says the right things. The on the field stuff isn't bad either. The guy is wonderful at moving around behind the LOS and throwing downfield. If you want to be truly impressed then I strongly suggest that you go to youtube and look up Matt Ryan.

Ryans ability to move around behind the LOS and avoid sacks should really help with his ability to get the ball downfield. Corners can't hold their coverages for long periods of time so when Ryan gets comfortable seeing him escape a sack and get a completion downfield should be something that you see 2-3 times a game if things go according to plan.

The guy behind the LOS moves around just about as good as Vick and believe it or not I see some bigger plays coming from it due to his ability to maintain mechanics.