A friend of mine in the Joker makeup

Dem Birds

I think it needs some work. It isn't grungy enough for one, and the scars aren't deep enough. The red around the mouth is a tad too smiley and wide, and the forehead lines aren't done properly. Tell him to raise his eye brows as high as he can when he's doing his forehead instead of trying to wipe it away. If he'll raise his eyebrows it will make the creases in his forehead pop when he applies the make up. It's about the negative space in there. He also needs to work on the area around his eyes more,and it he really wants them to pop then tell him to use eye liner. His hair is too green as well. The jokers isn't so much green as it is filthy. Less green and a darker shade.

I've begun making my own costume for this Halloween. This guy's, however, is fantastic. He built it from scratch. This is the first one he's done. He sold it on eBay for a little over a grand. He's working on the second now. His make-up is what I was posting it for though, he did it spot on practically. Notice the lines in the forehead and how grungy it is. He has other pictures as well from later on where his make up is even better, but I can't find them on the web at the moment.

sz8v9y.jpg

2cxes5e.jpg

I think it needs some work. It isn't grungy enough for one, and the scars aren't deep enough. The red around the mouth is a tad too smiley and wide, and the forehead lines aren't done properly. Tell him to raise his eye brows as high as he can when he's doing his forehead instead of trying to wipe it away. If he'll raise his eyebrows it will make the creases in his forehead pop when he applies the make up. It's about the negative space in there. He also needs to work on the area around his eyes more,and it he really wants them to pop then tell him to use eye liner. His hair is too green as well. The jokers isn't so much green as it is filthy. Less green and a darker shade.

I've begun making my own costume for this Halloween. This guy's, however, is fantastic. He built it from scratch. This is the first one he's done. He sold it on eBay for a little over a grand. He's working on the second now. His make-up is what I was posting it for though, he did it spot on practically. Notice the lines in the forehead and how grungy it is. He has other pictures as well from later on where his make up is even better, but I can't find them on the web at the moment.

sz8v9y.jpg

2cxes5e.jpg

I guess we know what everyone will be wearing for Halloween this year.

sz8v9y.jpg

2cxes5e.jpg

That looks great, though the make up isn't spot on like you said. Way too much of it is wiped from the forehead and I don't recall Heath Ledger's Joker having so much of the red smeared up his face in little spike-y formations.

But since you specifically asked my opinion I guess I'll answer instead of being a *****.

I like it looks good, I'd like to see a bigger picture. EDIT: nevermind, I just saw that you could enlarge it. It looks a lot better now that I can see it, lol.

The one that Popcornplaya posted was pretty awesome.

If your friend really wants to try to get it perfect just tell him to look at some reference pics, like the promotional shots for the movie

heathledgerjoker3.jpg

And if he wants to go for the smeared look:

joker-740320.jpg

I went as the Joker for Halloween a long time ago, but I went as the comic book/Jack Nicholson Joker and I had my mom do the makeup and it ended up looking insanely badass. I wish I had a picture.