Roam The Dome - J's short observations

J

I saw the entire thing.

The best QB was easily DJ. He played a lot. I was shocked. He also mostly played with the backups except Harry Douglas and against the best defense a lot of the time. I saw coach Smith give him 5 on a sweet pass in the end zone. DJ has a really quick release and throws hard. Zero Ints. None of the other QBs arms are near DJs in terms of power. DJ is pretty exciting to watch b/c he throws on a line. There is no way any other QB was better today. The guy behind me was like I dont like DJ, but he looks good (Tenn fan).

Second best was Ryan I guess. Redman didn't play that much. Ryan and Redman threw ints. Ryans was right near the endzone which was a bad place to throw one. I had no idea where Ryan was throwing some of them.

Joey made a few good throws, but once he had to face the 1st string D, (that was not even rushing or playing hard against him), he sucked. Even my wife thought Joey was sucking bad. She was like who is that.

Sick & good other positions

Norwood

Roddy

Finn

Douglas

Abraham

Probably missing some...

Nothing else really jumping out.

Lol i think me and Buckeyes were the only 1s that werent Shocked, by Shockley. i want to also say dont forget Blue adams, who was a star.

also i have to say milner got injured playing around.

Yup i keep hearing about Adams. I want to see how he does in pre-season.

shock is just as good or better than any qb on our roster for the time being. haters go on somewhere. i never really had an opinion either way because i thought he would never have a chance to start, but if he doesnt get a chance, something is wrong in birdland.

you see the play time he got? thats his chance, and the better he plays the more time he gets. i think smith is gonna start him at preseason.

If Shockley starts and ends up being the real deal, I'm gonna get myself a Shocked! sig B)

if he does im gonna be like hahahahaha and go crazy on those haters, and call them out for their crow. Shockley is moving up the hard way, but he is moving up quick, since redman is sucking, and Harrington is still avg. he doesnt have any1 really in his way. Shockley is playing better, and smith is the kind of guy who gives more time to the guys who are doing better. Smith believes in earning your minutes which DJ is doing, and the thing is that DJ isnt having a great game, then a bad one. he is consistently having good games, which gives him more time. If they didnt have faith in DJ, and didnt think want to push him to see if he can be a starter, then they would have added another qb to his team earlier. Shockley playing amazing the 1st half, and the other qbs being decent/ sorry, just moves him up.

At first i didnt think he would be starter in preseason, but i could see him being starter or Backup for preseason, and the thing is DJ hasnt had as much time in the offense as the others. i wish we was healthy before the draft.

Lol i think me and Buckeyes were the only 1s that werent Shocked, by Shockley. i want to also say dont forget Blue adams, who was a star.

also i have to say milner got injured playing around.

Man I wish I could have been there. I believe the coaches know now, and when the depth chart offically comes out this week I think DJ will be #1 on the depth chart. They have seen the lazer DJ has it is almost imposible to intercept his throws. TD needs to hire us to scout college players. :D

well Shockley looked good but he was running the white scout team "- true, he had 2nd string players and was playing against the #1 defense but he got to play the whole game - and that needs to be said.

Redman, Ryan and Harrington split time on the "red" team and rotating in and out so much makes it harder to get into a rhythm. It looks to me like they are only considering the three "whities" for starting position (i'm white so I'm really not interjecting race here - just fun to say "whitie" every now and then).

If Shockey continues to look good and not get injured in pre-season - I would think he makes the team as the #3. However, if he struggles and/or gets injured - Falcons will try and "sneak" Shockley back onto the practice squad. I think Shockley needs one more year of seasoning before he's ready for the bright lights - but he does have talent - no doubt.

well Shockley looked good but he was running the white scout team "- true, he had 2nd string players and was playing against the #1 defense but he got to play the whole game - and that needs to be said.

Redman, Ryan and Harrington split time on the "red" team and rotating in and out so much makes it harder to get into a rhythm. It looks to me like they are only considering the three "whities" for starting position (i'm white so I'm really not interjecting race here - just fun to say "whitie" every now and then).

If Shockey continues to look good and not get injured in pre-season - I would think he makes the team as the #3. However, if he struggles and/or gets injured - Falcons will try and "sneak" Shockley back onto the practice squad. I think Shockley needs one more year of seasoning before he's ready for the bright lights - but he does have talent - no doubt.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

if he does im gonna be like hahahahaha and go crazy on those haters, and call them out for their crow. Shockley is moving up the hard way, but he is moving up quick, since redman is sucking, and Harrington is still avg. he doesnt have any1 really in his way. Shockley is playing better, and smith is the kind of guy who gives more time to the guys who are doing better. Smith believes in earning your minutes which DJ is doing, and the thing is that DJ isnt having a great game, then a bad one. he is consistently having good games, which gives him more time. If they didnt have faith in DJ, and didnt think want to push him to see if he can be a starter, then they would have added another qb to his team earlier. Shockley playing amazing the 1st half, and the other qbs being decent/ sorry, just moves him up.

At first i didnt think he would be starter in preseason, but i could see him being starter or Backup for preseason, and the thing is DJ hasnt had as much time in the offense as the others. i wish we was healthy before the draft.

**** you know I've been all for giving him his shot without thinking he really has a chance but from the sounds of things Georgiafan may have been right not only does he have more potential than the other QBs he already knows how to use his skills better than the other QBs. With his limited playig time and injuries that is surprising.

**** you know I've been all for giving him his shot without thinking he really has a chance but from the sounds of things Georgiafan may have been right not only does he have more potential than the other QBs he already knows how to use his skills better than the other QBs. With his limited playig time and injuries that is surprising.

But....why??? He's very smart with the ball...I swear, he was stepping up in the pocket and making good throws. The rush at times looked quite serious too.

I saw the entire thing.

The best QB was easily DJ. He played a lot. I was shocked. He also mostly played with the backups except Harry Douglas and against the best defense a lot of the time. I saw coach Smith give him 5 on a sweet pass in the end zone. DJ has a really quick release and throws hard. Zero Ints. None of the other QBs arms are near DJs in terms of power. DJ is pretty exciting to watch b/c he throws on a line. There is no way any other QB was better today. The guy behind me was like I dont like DJ, but he looks good (Tenn fan).

Second best was Ryan I guess. Redman didn't play that much. Ryan and Redman threw ints. Ryans was right near the endzone which was a bad place to throw one. I had no idea where Ryan was throwing some of them.

Joey made a few good throws, but once he had to face the 1st string D, (that was not even rushing or playing hard against him), he sucked. Even my wife thought Joey was sucking bad. She was like who is that.

Sick & good other positions

Norwood

Roddy

Finn

Douglas

Abraham

Probably missing some...

Nothing else really jumping out.

The haters have showed up, they need to read the orignal post for Shocks performance compared to the others. This is a first hand account haters.