Stop hoping, start thinking

I havnt posted on this messageboard since last year when Vick got in all that trouble. This franchise has done so many bad things it basically made me sick. I been a fan of this team since I was 6 years old but after learning more about the business and the franchise its hard to respect the falcons. I hate to say it but our franchise just does dumb things. I come here every few months and check out whats new and everytime I read this forum it disappoints me. When a guy makes a strong comment about what the team has done wrong everybody jumps on him and says you're not a true fan. I feel if you're a true fan speak your mind and stop praying that a miracle will happen. I thought Matt Ryan was a dumb choice in the draft. Who drafts a QB that shouldnt even be a top 20 pick if he comes out in a different year at #3? Just b/c he was the best QB this year doesnt make him a franchise QB. Things like that piss me off b/c we're stuck with this guy for a few years and he is sucking up a ton of money. Why over pay for Turner at RB when our OL sucks? its just crazy if you ask me. If we build a gread foundation we wouldnt have to overpay for 2nd strings praying they will take off. Didnt we learn this with Peerless Price? It doesnt matter what QB, RB, or special player we get. We dont have a foundation.

I come on here today and try to read about whats coming on at camp. I read DJ Shock is doing the best at camp out of all the QBs. I also hear he will prolly be cut. Please explain? Is he currently the best QB on the depth chart? If so why are we cutting him? Why not give him the starting job till Matt Ryan take it? We overpay for players way to often. A name is a name. The Falcons play names and not the best players. build a foundation. Stop praying and saying have hope. Make the best decision and I will respect this team more

-We didn't overpay for Turner. To call him a backup, while factually accurate, completely discredits LT as, arguably, the best RB in NFL history, and inarguably the best in the game currently.

-We've been working on our OL, and there's not much basis for saying it sucks. Injuries and a bad system contributed to last year, among other things.

-Ryan is the best QB that's come out in the last couple of years, and looks to be better than anything coming out next year.

At this point, the Falcons seem to be doing a lot of things right. It may or may not reflect in this year's record, but I'm very confident that it will in years to come.

You can choose to be optimistic, or pessimistic, but you'll live a longer, happier life as an optimist.

i bet footballislyfe thought we would have three rookies on the field protecting the quarterback in the same year....PLEASE. and you're not qualified to say matt wouldn't come out in the top twenty of next years draft...do yourself a favor and leave for another year

I was trying not to be quite so hostile. :lol:

I don't think I'm all roses, but I just try to choose not to be all gloom and doom. Blank has made mistakes that shouldn't be all that surprising for a new owner, but he's a freakin' self made multi-billionaire. That means he's a smart guy who can figure things out. I think he's learning from his mistakes, and this current incarnation of the Falcons looks like one that could stick for a while. He's obviously not cheap, and I still thing he's going to turn the Falcons into a respectable franchise.

I might be wrong but are all the owners rich? So being rich doesnt mean anything in football. If you dont know the game you just dont know the game. I'm not saying Matt is a bad QB, just a very bad draft choice. Why give a guy that much money with no online to protect him? And dont give me that crap about our online might be good. They suck and you're hoping again. I said without Vick our running game would suck. We never had a good line. Vick was our line. The LB's not keying in on the running back b/c they had to watch Vick. With Vick gone they could come foward when they seen run whick killed our running attack last year. I'm not coming in here and lying. I'm not about to sit here and pray when I know we messed up. I'm going to speak the truth and you should to. Our line sucks. We have low ranked WR core and a unproven RB. Put all that in with rookie QB and its a disaster. I never said Matt was bad, just wrong choice. He doesnt even have a chance

buddy, you are way out of reach with football right now. coach smitty(someone who is qualified) has a different opinion of matt ryan and his offensive line. if i'm not mistaken, there are only two starters from last season currently on the offensive line. furthermore we spent the last two years investing in baker and blalock. matt ryan will be a starter eventually. as far as dj shockley having a couple of nice SCRIMMAGES..cool. dj was hurt, so a new front office will take into consideration that he's unproven and injured....THEN THEY DRAFTED MATTY AS PROTOCOL. author is much wiser than you think. oh yeah, one more thing about the linemen, dahl and clabo are the nasty boys. these are the guys that will irritate even the most elite dt's and de's. the nastiness is another part of the gameplan to get the ELITE out of focus.

finally a real response. you might be right maybe I'm wrong. I stil lthink our online suck but maybe they will suprise me. I'm not saying Shockley is our savior at QB. I just want the best players to play and make the cut. If DJ is playing better than Redman or Joey than I expect him to be # 1 or #2 depending on how Matt progress

I might be wrong but are all the owners rich? So being rich doesnt mean anything in football. If you dont know the game you just dont know the game. I'm not saying Matt is a bad QB, just a very bad draft choice. Why give a guy that much money with no online to protect him? And dont give me that crap about our online might be good. They suck and you're hoping again. I said without Vick our running game would suck. We never had a good line. Vick was our line. The LB's not keying in on the running back b/c they had to watch Vick. With Vick gone they could come foward when they seen run whick killed our running attack last year. I'm not coming in here and lying. I'm not about to sit here and pray when I know we messed up. I'm going to speak the truth and you should to. Our line sucks. We have low ranked WR core and a unproven RB. Put all that in with rookie QB and its a disaster. I never said Matt was bad, just wrong choice. He doesnt even have a chance

If you dont think like everyone else(ie like/dislike the same people) on this Message Board then probably you wont have a enjoyable time here. Most hate independent thought here, but there are some who you can have a nice discussion with(even if you dont agree on anything)

so dont give up on the board

Lot of people here dont know jack about football

No teams have success without a strong foundation unless they have a spectacular playmaker

Coach Smith and TD aren't necessarily focusing on offense right now. They are trying to copy to model of teams like the ravens, steelers, and jags. Our first few years we will find success through the D.

I havnt posted on this messageboard since last year when Vick got in all that trouble. This franchise has done so many bad things it basically made me sick. I been a fan of this team since I was 6 years old but after learning more about the business and the franchise its hard to respect the falcons. I hate to say it but our franchise just does dumb things. I come here every few months and check out whats new and everytime I read this forum it disappoints me. When a guy makes a strong comment about what the team has done wrong everybody jumps on him and says you're not a true fan. I feel if you're a true fan speak your mind and stop praying that a miracle will happen. I thought Matt Ryan was a dumb choice in the draft. Who drafts a QB that shouldnt even be a top 20 pick if he comes out in a different year at #3? Just b/c he was the best QB this year doesnt make him a franchise QB. Things like that piss me off b/c we're stuck with this guy for a few years and he is sucking up a ton of money. Why over pay for Turner at RB when our OL sucks? its just crazy if you ask me. If we build a gread foundation we wouldnt have to overpay for 2nd strings praying they will take off. Didnt we learn this with Peerless Price? It doesnt matter what QB, RB, or special player we get. We dont have a foundation.

I come on here today and try to read about whats coming on at camp. I read DJ Shock is doing the best at camp out of all the QBs. I also hear he will prolly be cut. Please explain? Is he currently the best QB on the depth chart? If so why are we cutting him? Why not give him the starting job till Matt Ryan take it? We overpay for players way to often. A name is a name. The Falcons play names and not the best players. build a foundation. Stop praying and saying have hope. Make the best decision and I will respect this team more

Keep your feeble minded insults to yourself....................please.

Thomas Dimitroff and coach Mike Smith know more about building a QUALITY team than you.....................if you lived to be a thousand.

Do us all another favor...................find another team.

your living in a fantasy world, dj want even make the team. I haven't read any thing about dj playing better than the other qbs. They all say redman is the starer, Ryan is still learning.Joey 3rd string dj 4th. I hope they cut him so all you ga. fans will stop talking about him.

finally a real response. you might be right maybe I'm wrong. I stil lthink our online suck but maybe they will suprise me. I'm not saying Shockley is our savior at QB. I just want the best players to play and make the cut. If DJ is playing better than Redman or Joey than I expect him to be # 1 or #2 depending on how Matt progress

I agree about the QB's anyway.

Look... here's the thing about our OL. Maybe they will suck, but it bares no resemblance to last years, and you really can't use that as a benchmark. I don't know how many LT's we used last year, but it seemed like there was a different one every other game. In that mess, we did find some talent in Clabo and Foster; Clabo will be a starter this year, and Foster likely a fairly reliable backup. We signed Baker, who before his injury during his Sr. year was the top rated LT going into last season. Blaylock will have a year under his belt, and this year, will have a veteran OL coach coaching him up, and putting him in a scheme that will remain consistent throughout the season. Dahl hasn't proven himself, but he did beat out Forney who, before his shoulder injury was receiving Pro Bowl consideration. Maybe this won't work. I don't know, but to come to the conclusion that they will suck is as more presumptuous than assuming that they won't considering that they are clearly going to be more effective than last year. Add Hartsock, who will be acting as an extra LT if needed, and we really ought to be ok. Weiner will be a top notch backup, as well.

Our WR's are really good. Roddy emerged as a top WR last year. Robinson was a rookie standout, and played only in spurts, but still ended up with almost 500 yards. Douglas, a rookie, has been lighting up camps, and looks like he'll be effective in the slot. Jenkins, though not what we hoped he would be, has always been effective in the Red Zone, and there is a fight for the 5th spot among guys who are well qualified for the position. We are deep and talented here.

Unproven RB? I don't know what you are expecting. Turner was rock solid in every way when he was given an opportunity. So was Norwood. You don't sign 'proven' RB's to start in the NFL, because if they have proven themselves, then they are on the down side of their career. See Alexander or McAllister as examples. As far as depth, Brown or Snelling ought to be quality reserves.

I don't know which three QB's we will keep, but they will have talent around them. They may even start out slow, but as they get a feel for each other, I have no doubt they will pick up steam.

If you dont think like everyone else(ie like/dislike the same people) on this Message Board then probably you wont have a enjoyable time here. Most hate independent thought here, but there are some who you can have a nice discussion with(even if you dont agree on anything)

so dont give up on the board

Oh, please. It's not independent thought that people don't like. It's abrasiveness and lack of tact that rubs people the wrong way. It's something you ought to think about.

Have faith in TD , he will get us an OL One Day.

You sound me after the Turner Deal, McFadden ;(

It Does Suck Vick got Hosed by the Feds, but most of the other teams sux too! :D

We have Coach Smith and Van Gorder and a Bunch of Dawgs/Georgia players

whats not to like!

We are headed up!

Vick isnt Cut Yet, You know!

Makes me wonder why you ain't running a team.You obviously know everything.

The Falcons had the sh*****t 18 months in any teams history. We had our franchise QB break federal and state law by trying to give back to his community (his words not mine!) We had an offensive genius (BWWAAHAHAHAHAHA) brought in to harness Vicks power, who turned out to be a gutless coward and half azz Pro coach. So Arthur decided to actually look for solid parts to the puzzle. HE signed a man who knows college talent like no other (Come on he was the head scout for the Patriots!!!!) and a coach who knows serious professional defense! We are heading up wards my friend, and I am positive it will be painful in the near term, but be worth it in the end!!!!!

When I say unproven back i mean a back that has carried the team atleast for more than two or three weeks. I feel like there is a big difference in a every down back and a backup. Teams dont really plan for the backup. The backup hits different holes, cut different, and has a change of pace. I different when a team plans for you every week and has previous footage to go off of. I like Turner, I just dont thinkg "MOST" skill guys deserve they pay. If the line blocks great you dont need a barry sanders and a michael vick. A average RB and decent QB can look great on a team that has a great oline. Look what the Cheifs did a few years ago when they had that great line. I cant really talk all bad about the falcons. It was smart to get rid of Dunn, Crumpler, and DHall. I wish we could of kept Kerney tho. My main focus now would be on the oline and dline now.

Player turnover is so fast in the NFL you have to have perfect timing on the maturation of all of your players in order to take advantage of their talents.

You could have a team full of future HOFers but if they are not playing at that level at that time then you probably don't have a good team.

Or something like that .

your living in a fantasy world, dj want even make the team. I haven't read any thing about dj playing better than the other qbs. They all say redman is the starer, Ryan is still learning.Joey 3rd string dj 4th. I hope they cut him so all you ga. fans will stop talking about him.

Have you been to any of the practices or the events this weekend? I hope for all the $$$ spent on Ryan, he would start, but DJ does look the best so far. Granted, there is still 1 week of practice left before the Jax game. Ryan looks new, Redman okay, & Harrington just looks plain lost. He made a few good throws, but I suspect those were his initial reads & he stayed with them. When he did have to make multiple reads he threw the ball out of bounds (after he saw his 2 yard dumpoff wasn't there)