Single Most Memorable Moment in Falcons' History

Folks-

We would like to get your opinion as to what is your SINGLE most memorable positive moment in Falcons history. Spanning back to 1966, anything is eligible, right up through today. A moment can be a particular play, a notable game that resonates with you or even a front office move or draft choice.

Please respond to this thread with just one, succinct answer - we want to know the moment that shines above all others in Falcons' franchise history. Remember, you can only pick ONE!

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was going to say the Chandler to Mathis 16 yard TD to tie the NFC Championship game (in fact I posted that first....) but I decided to change my choice.

I am going to go with the 47-17 demolition of the Rams in the 04 Playoffs. 327 yards rushing in one game and a brick wall defense that kept "the greatest show on turf" scoreless in the 2nd half.

I was in the stands for that one and I've NEVER heard the Dome louder. Everyone in the Dome was on their feet screaming at the top of their lungs as the Falcons just flat humiliated an early season Super Bowl favorite in the Playoffs.

1998 NFCCG--Not just Mort's kick but the Vikings missing their only field goal of the season prior to it. The whole team played with pride and all-out effort for the entire game (and season, really).

Followed by the '78 playoff game with the Iggles featuring the matchup between William Andrews and Wilbert Montgomery.

There are a lot of moments from the 1998 season. Whipping the Panthers 51- 23.Clobbering the Patriots 41-10.Sweeping the Rams & Saints. Taking two out of three from the 49ers. And of course beating the Vikings. Tony & Terance over 1000 yards receiving. Jamal over 1800 yards on the ground. A kick *** defense. Yup, lotta moments.

The most memorable has to be the first "big ben" play against the New Orleans Saints as time expired in the first haft. It was about fifty yards, a high arching arching pass from Steve Bartkoswki that was batted into Alfred Jackson's hands five yards from the end zone and he scooted past everyone to dive into the end zone.