Friday Night Lights

i had a lot of fun. shook mike smith's hand 3 times got a picture with him and joey, and i got an autographed football from gerald riggs. i saw everything except for the final 2 series i think.

redman didnt play too well IMO. he started the first drive and i believe ended up throwing a michael boley INT on 3rd down.

ryan's first couple of drives also werent very good. his first series the team got waaay backed up because of an intentional grounding and a false start. his starting drive in the 2nd half was pretty good though and i think he hooked up with roddy white for a TD.

harrington and shock played really well. harrington moved the offense down the field a couple of times and scored and so did shockley. shock was driving late in the 1st and got into the redzone but then halftime rolled around. he did a good job calling plays and taking command of the huddle. in the 2nd half i remember him also driving the team down the field and throwing a TD to snelling but it got called back. snelling did get in on a 5-10 yd run though.

norwood was a beast. he took a broken play in the 2nd half and made a 20 yd run out of it and he also took SICK kick return back in the first half for a TD. he juked one of the cover guys and then stiff armed somebody before he ran his way in for 6. EXPLOSIVE

thomas brown had a couple explosive runs during the scrimmage and he also returned kicks.

i think jennings took a punt back for a TD if i remember correctly.

jamaal anderson had a forced fumble/sack if im not mistaken (slapped the ball out of redman's hands) and i think grady also had a TFL on turner.

boley also picked off redman's pass on the opening drive i think.

anymore questions and just ask. :D

What were some of the things that you didn't like?

hmmm..good question.

well the TEs drops werent cool at all. if im not mistaken zinger dropped 2 from shockley, one was a checkdown and i think one was across the middle. i also believe hartsock dropped 1 or maybe 2. it took a second before the offenses started getting it going. maybe because of kinks or because they were nervous, but it was a while before we really started seeing the ball move. turner didnt do great at all. i really expected him to do a lot better. like i think j.mike said, turners longest run was like 4 yards. redman didnt really impress me either. like i said though, some players may have just had a bad day or whatever but it wasnt too good. the team as a whole did pretty good IMO and i was more impressed than unimpressed.

Boss, good blog, but joey had a chance on 4th down to win the scrimmage for the offense and paniced under the pressure of the Def and just threw the ball in the flat but there wasn't anyone there to catch it.

for real? yea i missed the end of it because i was trying to beat traffic and had a long way to drive.

for real? yea i missed the end of it because i was trying to beat traffic and had a long way to drive.

yea me I saw it. I thought harrington could have done something, but nope. i think if DJ was there it would have been a completion. Harrington doesnt move well in the pocket. he is no statue, but he isnt as mobile as Shockley, or even Ryan. any other QB in that situation, would have won the game for the offense.

thanks Boss, where there really 10,000 fans there like the ajc says?

dont know about 10,000 BUT IT WAS PACKED!!!!! and i mean PACKED!!!! and the fans were pretty hyped. if you saw how many people were there you would think you were seeing the patriots or colts scrimmage game, not a 4-12 team. the fans went out there and supported big time.

10,000 wouldnt surprise me.

thanks Boss, where there really 10,000 fans there like the ajc says?

It's true. I heard from one of the PR staffers there were approximately 10,200 in attendance. And they were all really into it.

It was pretty incredible.

dont know about 10,000 BUT IT WAS PACKED!!!!! and i mean PACKED!!!! and the fans were pretty hyped. if you saw how many people were there you would think you were seeing the patriots or colts scrimmage game, not a 4-12 team. the fans went out there and supported big time.

10,000 wouldnt surprise me.

I think that the culture is changing for the falcons which is good.

How did the O-Line do

well mcclure and somebody else didnt play at all so it was kind of incomplete but they do a so-so job IMO. some plays were better than others. there would have been a couple of sacks (if i recall jamaal anderson had a sack/forced fumble in the 2nd half). so im just going to really hold out judgement until everyone is healthy or until i see the whole unit. it was kind of rough at times though.

I know there has been a lot of discussion about using Norwood only for running, and not letting him return kickoffs, but I hope that he does. He is too good a kick returner not to use him there. If he remains the change of pace back (and I hope he gets more touches in that role) I still think that kickoffs wouldn't be too grueling.

I know there has been a lot of discussion about using Norwood only for running, and not letting him return kickoffs, but I hope that he does. He is too good a kick returner not to use him there. If he remains the change of pace back (and I hope he gets more touches in that role) I still think that kickoffs wouldn't be too grueling.

i agree.