which qb will be cut

falconcj21

which qb will be cut  

79 members have voted

1. 1. which qb will be cut

• joey harrington
    • dj shockley

Im gonna have to say Joey. In my opinion Murlarky will have a field day of thinking of trick plays with shockley on the team since thats what he does best like he did with Randel El in Pittsburgh. Shockley can play as good as harrington so the extra umph and change up shockley can bring to the table is what will keep him on the team.

Joey can't teach Ryan how to do anything but suck and play like a girl. He was never successful as a starter so I don't want him near Ryan. He's the one that's gonna get cut. Shockley will be the 3rd QB.

Well dj has not proven anything while he has been in the nfl, and joey could help ryan learn the game.

Well dj has not proven anything while he has been in the nfl, and joey could help ryan learn the game.

i'll take a talented guy who hasn't proven anything to be my 3RD QB over a guy that has proven that he SHOULD'T be on the field no matter what. Harrington has proven to be a huge bust. He was released and resigned to a small deal for a reason.

DJ has the better upside. Strong arm, mobile and very good rapport with the team.

With a good pre-season and a full year with no injuries I can see him as the #3 this year and taking over as the #2 next year.

Joey just doesn't project the confidence of the other 3 QB's.

agree, plus it seems the more chances DJ gets the better he gets, so mayb he can even start the season 2nd string or even 1st if he is really getting in the groove. Of course once ryan is ready he is the starter, but im saying before ryan is ready DJ could start or be 2nd string depending on Redman.

I really feel bad for Joey, I think Millen ruined what could have been a good quarterback.

mayb, but its his time to go. he got a weaker contract, because no1 else would sign him, and it made it easier to cut him if DJ does better. heck DJ doesnt even have to be better. he only has to close to as good, and DJ gets the nod, since DJ is going for vet min pretty much.

Do we want Ryan to learn to acquire the deer in the headlights stare? I see nothing positive that Joey can teach him other than how to be a nice guy off the field. The past few seasons the Falcons & Dolphins have given him the chance to "re- find" himself. The Lions gave up on him. He was brought up the wrong way, maybe he got the David "I've been battered too long" Carr syndrome. Regardless, he is damaged goods mentally. They just need to put the best players out there & cut the worst.

I think Joey will be the 3rd QB.

I don't see the Falcons starting the season with 2 QBs who haven't ever started a game in the NFL and Chris Redman as the other.

Everyone can talk about how bad Joey is (and I don't disagree), but the coaching staff is gonna want someone who has experience.

Look at it this way IF Redman starts, then you have two QBs who have never played in a reg season game as your QBs.

Wow this QB competition is really heating up. Before the season I didn't hold out much hope for Shockley, but now it appears he is doing pretty well. I can really see advantages for keeping both. Yeah, Harrington hasn't done well in the NFL, but as someone pointed out, coaches like veteran QBs. But Shockley does have a lot more upside potential, and a wider skill set than Harrington. Plus Shockley is a cheaper deal for the cap space.

I still voted Shockley for now, just because I am having a hard time thinking coaches will keep 2 guys with no game experience on the roster.

But I really don't have a clue now, and I can see advantages to keeping both. I think this QB competition will continue on through the preseason.

The coaches will probably have to see game time action to reach a decision. Either way, I wish them both the best.