Friday Night Lights

Big Duke 6

First of all I was shocked how many people were there.6,000 plus easy,Ive never been to mill creek.It was a impressive campus and stadium.Norwood took a kickoff return to the house.Redman threw a pick to boley.The series for qbs were quick.I didnt catch the second half but joey was the only one to score a TD in the 1st half.Ryan had some penaties (false start on the rt) so he didnt see much time.DJ looked alright,when he did deliver they were mishandled.Its really hard to get a handle on the qbs with backups.Ryan did throw the deep ball a couple of times.One play he slid around to extend the protection like the Vt vs Bc game and winged it 50 yards or so.It was pretty much a jump ball and nobady got it.Joeys Td was thrown to roddy ofcourse.Grady was mixed into practice.He looked relatively good.Several guys didnt practice,horn,robinson,weiner......I dont think brooking did either.Turner had problems getting past the line.Im worried,The starting defense blew our oline up.Thomas Brown had some tough inside runs.The running game needs some work.Douglas took punts,he looked green.This has surprised me but Jennings looks really good.Punts and kickoff returns were impressive.He could be the wildcard in the wr competition.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

First of all I was shocked how many people were there.6,000 plus easy,Ive never been to mill creek.It was a impressive campus and stadium.Norwood took a kickoff return to the house.Redman threw a pick to boley.The series for qbs were quick.I didnt catch the second half but joey was the only one to score a TD in the 1st half.Ryan had some penaties (false start on the rt) so he didnt see much time.DJ looked alright,when he did deliver they were mishandled.Its really hard to get a handle on the qbs with backups.Ryan did throw the deep ball a couple of times.One play he slid around to extend the protection like the Vt vs Bc game and winged it 50 yards or so.It was pretty much a jump ball and nobady got it.Joeys Td was thrown to roddy ofcourse.Grady was mixed into practice.He looked relatively good.Several guys didnt practice,horn,robinson,weiner......I dont think brooking did either.Turner had problems getting past the line.Im worried,The starting defense blew our oline up.Thomas Brown had some tough inside runs.The running game needs some work.Douglas took punts,he looked green.This has surprised me but Jennings looks really good.Punts and kickoff returns were impressive.He could be the wildcard in the wr competition.

If he can deliver we can keep him if not Peace!!!

I was there and Shockley was by far the best. Shockley was great in the second half and the first he threw a ball the reciever should have caught in the corner of the endzone and one over the middle that was right in the hands but droped. DJ threw overthrow but that was because the defenseive end blitz of the corner, that was the only bad throw. Redman was awful, the second pass he threw was intercepted and he got sacked, Joey a few safe passes and ran for a first down once but when the blitz came he threw the ball to a empty place on the field. SHockley was the best by far.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it sounds like he just threw up a prayer into coverage. If that's not how it went, I apologize. But I'm picturing in my mind that he saw a receiver and just heaved it downfield into tight coverage,

BTW, thanks for the info.

Well it was a jump ball.I kind of got the feeling a better wr would have landed it.What scared me was ryans first play was a play action pass.When he turned around boley was there and could have killed him.He threw it away and got a penalty but in a real game hes spitting chicklets.

It really wasn't as fun as I thought it would be. The game was only two halves, and the second half was cut short 7-8 minutes.

It was more of a structured practice.It was pretty cool,I could do without the kids screaming.I thought I saw jamie dukes talking to blanks wife.

I was there and Shockley was by far the best. Shockley was great in the second half and the first he threw a ball the reciever should have caught in the corner of the endzone and one over the middle that was right in the hands but droped. DJ threw overthrow but that was because the defenseive end blitz of the corner, that was the only bad throw. Redman was awful, the second pass he threw was intercepted and he got sacked, Joey a few safe passes and ran for a first down once but when the blitz came he threw the ball to a empty place on the field. SHockley was the best by far.

I didn't think any quarterback looked good.