Knowshawn....what if

papi

Crazy question but would like some feedback. If he continues to run like a mini Marion Barber and he is available........Do we pick him up and use one of the others in our crowded backfield as trade bait?

What do you guys think and why. I may have my home town goggles on but like others, I think his type comes around once in a blue moon.

knowshan will be in ga. next year as well....imo.....but i think our rebuilding needs will be greater than a rb if he does come out next year unless we have some injuries at that position

We could be kicking ourselves if we pass on him......time will tell. Under normal circumstances I'd say we were crowded, however, Moreno is pretty special.

I dunno. He is a little small, and we are stacked at RB. No doubt he is a **** of a talent, and I love watching the dude play, but I'd be worried his big play ability would diminish in the pros. If he bulked up, that would be great. But either way, unless he falls, we really have much more important needs. If we drafted Peterson, he would not be the same player here as he was on the Vikings because of their line. We need to improve our week spots, specifically DT, or else it doesn't even matter if we run 300-400 yards on a team between Moreno and Turner, other teams will run the same on us.

But I would like him. Everyone would love as many gifted players as possible.

I say give this guy another year or so. I think he is awesome and believe he will be one of the next great college running backs. But i want to see him produce some more and see about his durability over a few years.

I remember when carnell williams was a freshman and he tore it up just like Moreno. And yes carnell turned out to be an awesome college running back but he has stayed hurt in the NFL. Not saying Moreno will but i will take a wait and see approach.

Even being an Auburn fan, I really would like for the Falcons to start drafting players from the SEC esp. from Auburn and Georgia. YOu know, people you watch every saturday and know that they produce.

I would love to have him if he keeps playing like he did last year.

WAR EAGLE

I dunno. He is a little small, and we are stacked at RB. No doubt he is a **** of a talent, and I love watching the dude play, but I'd be worried his big play ability would diminish in the pros. If he bulked up, that would be great. But either way, unless he falls, we really have much more important needs. If we drafted Peterson, he would not be the same player here as he was on the Vikings because of their line. We need to improve our week spots, specifically DT, or else it doesn't even matter if we run 300-400 yards on a team between Moreno and Turner, other teams will run the same on us.

But I would like him. Everyone would love as many gifted players as possible.

Very good point. Hope the stars line up where he stays healthy and falls to us. That would be a good problem to have. Come to think of it, not only does he have some Marion Barber in him, I also see a bigger Cadillac as well.

Agreed 100%! We haven't played down #1 in 2008 and these guys are already talking about freakin' Knowshawn for next year's draft. Come on guys, give us a break, here!

Can't help looking forward. He's a special talent and we all like special players

I said it once or twice before and I'll say it again.

I got to know when you got the Knowshon

said I'd like to know when you got the Knowshon ..to

Rock the boat, don't rock the boat baby

There's alot of football to be played, but yes he's on the radar. I don't care what anyone here say's, the man's gonna make it somewhere and I hope it's here. Taken from my good friend GAFan Knowshon is da future!

moreno is my favorite player coming out of college and i still don't tihnk he will be the 1st Rb taken. Chris Wells will probably take that honor and i would probably take him over moreno at this point in time as he fits our scheme better. But i don't want any of the RB's truthfully aswe have much bigger needs. I'll take Oher or Smith who could be the next elite OT in the nfl over a moreno or wells who coul be the next elite RB in the nfl.

Who is Knowshawn? Do you mean Knowshon Moreno? If you're going to talk about him, at least get his name right. And while on the subject of Knowshon, as much as I love my Dawgs, we have far more pressing needs than QB. We have just picked up a guy that I hope solidifies the position for at least 3 or 4 more years in Michael "The Burner" Turner. Why would you draft a RB when you have a franchise type back? I'd rather we take another LB (Laurinaitas, the only real franchise LB in the group) or a franchise type defensive lineman with our first pick and solidify holes. We need a CB as well, but I don't know how deep the class is right now. I'd also like to see us improve our O-line some more, and possibly add one more compliment WR or a pass catching TE (which there aren't any in the class really that have peaked right now).