I will never side with owners again.

This is horrific for the Pack. They agreed to let Favre leave on his own terms...which he did. Now he wants to come back but the Pack has promised Rodgers that it is his time now. I understand Favre wants to come back but for god's sake, he made his bed and he needs to sleep in it. The $20 mil buyout is an attempt to ensure that his last stop in the NFL is as a Packer. I understand why they (the management) did it.

This whole ordeal is all on Brett Favre. I thought the Packers should have released him when they first hired McCarthy as head coach in 2006. Favre had one of his worst seasons in 2005 and was doing his will/won't he retire for the second year in a row. If I remember correctly, I think he took that decision past the draft? The organization had the perfect opportunity to make the decision for Favre then. It's one thing if a guy is all aboard on playing, but this is the 4th year in a row the team has had to deal with this. I am 100% behind the packers on this one. They were set to fly down to meet with Favre even after he "officially" retired and he called it off. I think Favre has tarnished his legacy just a little with all this.

This whole ordeal is all on Brett Favre. I thought the Packers should have released him when they first hired McCarthy as head coach in 2006. Favre had one of his worst seasons in 2005 and was doing his will/won't he retire for the second year in a row. If I remember correctly, I think he took that decision past the draft? The organization had the perfect opportunity to make the decision for Favre then. It's one thing if a guy is all aboard on playing, but this is the 4th year in a row the team has had to deal with this. I am 100% behind the packers on this one. They were set to fly down to meet with Favre even after he "officially" retired and he called it off. I think Favre has tarnished his legacy just a little with all this.

People still seem to be siding with him. When he called off the press conference after they were set to send the plane down for him, they changed their playbook to suit Rodgers and drafted not one, but two QBs to help move forward. Favre is trying to screw Thompson and McCarthy but he is really screwing Rodgers, Brohm, and Matt Flynn.

Favre is probably the most selfish player in sports, not just because of this incident, but because of how many forced errors he made that cost his team games in the last few years and his allowing Strahan to get the sack that broke the record. If he truly desired to play, he wouldn't even consider the pay-off. Last year was the last hurrah and he won't play that well again. The Pack should have let him come to camp, given him a chance to start and if he struggled even a little, yank his ### out of the game to show how far he's fallen.

People still seem to be siding with him. When he called off the press conference after they were set to send the plane down for him, they changed their playbook to suit Rodgers and drafted not one, but two QBs to help move forward. Favre is trying to screw Thompson and McCarthy but he is really screwing Rodgers, Brohm, and Matt Flynn.

Favre is probably the most selfish player in sports, not just because of this incident, but because of how many forced errors he made that cost his team games in the last few years and his allowing Strahan to get the sack that broke the record. If he truly desired to play, he wouldn't even consider the pay-off. Last year was the last hurrah and he won't play that well again. The Pack should have let him come to camp, given him a chance to start and if he struggled even a little, yank his ### out of the game to show how far he's fallen.

Remember when Javon Walker held out and Favre went to the media and called him out for hurting the team and not honoring his contract?

Brett is the biggest crybaby ever and a complete D bag.

Yea, he definitely wanted his name attached to Strahan on that sack. His legacy is very tarnished IMO.

Believe this..if he does come back and play for someone I bet he will want the 5 year wait for the HOF to honor THIS retirement, not the one he really retires at. I think they should send him a message and keep him out on the first ballot.

That would be hilarious.

OK above posters

Favre has around the same $20 million coming to him if he plays. He has a contract.

When Favre temporarily quit, the CAP implications greatly improved for the Packers.

The Packers are now saying - 'well if it is about the money, then here, have this' (no cap problem)

So Brett has to think well I can sit on a bench and earn around 20 million and get a chance to start when the Packers come to their senses, or I can sit at home (not as much fun) and do PR work for the Pack. If he sits on the bench, Green Bay may eventually give him his wish and trade him to Minnesota.

I think Favre would not mind earning 20 million over the next 10 years, but he can earn the same by playing in just 2 years and he wants to win a championship-

Wouldn't you?

OK above posters

Favre has around the same $20 million coming to him if he plays. He has a contract.

When Favre temporarily quit, the CAP implications greatly improved for the Packers.

The Packers are now saying - 'well if it is about the money, then here, have this' (no cap problem)

So Brett has to think well I can sit on a bench and earn around 20 million and get a chance to start when the Packers come to their senses, or I can sit at home (not as much fun) and do PR work for the Pack. If he sits on the bench, Green Bay may eventually give him his wish and trade him to Minnesota.

I think Favre would not mind earning 20 million over the next 10 years, but he can earn the same by playing in just 2 years and he wants to win a championship-

Wouldn't you?

If the Packers were smart they would just trade him to the Vikes for a case of beer and let him throw his INTs against them! I don't see why the Pack is being so ridiculous about the whole thing...

Maybe because, believe it or not, Brett Favre is a pretty good QB.

4100 yards, 28 TDs, 15 INTs, 7.8 avg, 66% completion rate... I think that's a pretty good QB. So what if he had 2 down years, anyone who has followed football for a while knows he is a legendary HOF lock QB who can still play on a high level.

Maybe because, believe it or not, Brett Favre is a pretty good QB.

4100 yards, 28 TDs, 15 INTs, 7.8 avg, 66% completion rate... I think that's a pretty good QB. So what if he had 2 down years, anyone who has followed football for a while knows he is a legendary HOF lock QB who can still play on a high level.

The only problem most people have with him is not his numbers. It's the fact that year in and year out, he leaves the team hanging because he can't figure out whether he wants to play the next season until just before it begins. The team committed to him and made him one of the highest paid players in the game (for another couple of years) but his narcissistic attitude prevents them from making plans to move forward with or without him.