Jason Elam

I don't think he kicked. He was along the sidelines every time I noticed. I could have just missed it though, if he did get out on the field at some point during the scrimmage, but I don't think so.

Before play started, however, I was enjoying watching him having a lot of fun with the fans as he was standing at about the 50 yard line inside the gates and throwing the ball out into the crowd for people (kids and adults) to catch and pass back to him. He did this for quite a while and the fans loved it!

Overall, the entire Friday Night Lights event was very impressive. The Falcons did an outstanding job with this one.

I think we cut Elam for that Lowell guy. I saw lowell at practice, and he is a star. he kicked the ball from the 40yrd line, which i think is a 50yrd FG, and he almost made it over the net.

:blink:.........???.....ehhh....no? an nfl kicker is supposed to be able to kick it 50 yards..there are highschoolers that can kick it farther...jason elam is proven clutch veteran kicker..and his name is LOVELL

:blink:.........???.....ehhh....no? an nfl kicker is supposed to be able to kick it 50 yards..there are highschoolers that can kick it farther...jason elam is proven clutch veteran kicker..and his name is LOVELL

sorry bro I thought i saw Lowell, but mayb im seeing something. I am saying the dude was a monster, and it seems that we might cut elam, since i still havent seen him play.

sorry bro I thought i saw Lowell, but mayb im seeing something. I am saying the dude was a monster, and it seems that we might cut elam, since i still havent seen him play.
trust me, we didn't sign Elam to a good contract for nothing. A Prater move is not gonna happen this time around.

hes 38 and kicked in the thin air of denver.....think about it.....theres probably alot of truth in what they are saying

For those who don't know, the ball does not travel as far in cold and sub zero weather, as it normally is in most Denver home games. The thin air helps a bit, but doesn't make it that much easier, according to Elam, Crosby and a few other cold weather kickers over the years. I'm sure kicking in a dome will be a nice weather change...

lmao, GF, dude, no way does Elam get cut. When it comes to doing your job on the field, I don't think we have a player better then Elam IMO. As for this Lowell guy almost making a 50 yard field goal, a Sophomore at my old High School kicked a 54 yarder and it went right down the middle.

sorry he made it. i said he almost made it over the ne( net that they put behind the goal, so the ball goes down to the guys below, and not the fans)t, not the goal. the goal was good.

Drinking and blogging don't go well together

what are you talking bout. thats crazy. a 50yrd kick that was mayb a foot away from being over the net is drinking as posting? I am sorry, but i didnt even see elam pratice, and i dont think he did the kickoffs. dont get it twisted. i think elam is good, but i think Lovell can be a future star.

what are you talking bout. thats crazy. a 50yrd kick that was mayb a foot away from being over the net is drinking as posting? I am sorry, but i didnt even see elam pratice, and i dont think he did the kickoffs. dont get it twisted. i think elam is good, but i think Lovell can be a future star.

So you haven't even seen Elam practice but you think he will be cut. Brilliant.

So you haven't even seen Elam practice but you think he will be cut. Brilliant.

Atleast ive seen most of the players play before i make my decision. Mayb you should check it out before you come out at me. I am saying if a player can kick that far, then he could probably kick a 60yrd kick. I want to see who can kick farther, and who is more consistent.

to end your little theory homer.

m. smith said they're letting elam practice however he feels like it and do his own routine because they trust him to be ready on sundays.

he's our starting kicker this season, period.

to end your little theory homer.

m. smith said they're letting elam practice however he feels like it and do his own routine because they trust him to be ready on sundays.

he's our starting kicker this season, period.

Homer?? thats not my name. dude i dont even know what team Lovell played with in college. also LINK? id like to know where you got your info from.

also i guess since you called me a homer. you know im right bout Shockley,and now are nervous. :lol:

Atleast ive seen most of the players play before i make my decision. Mayb you should check it out before you come out at me. I am saying if a player can kick that far, then he could probably kick a 60yrd kick. I want to see who can kick farther, and who is more consistent.

What you said just doesn't make any sense. Prater had a monster leg in camp last year but a 2 cent brain when it came gametime. Elam is pro bowler. This other guy is history. The point is there are a lot of people who look good in practice. That doesn't mean anything.

What you said just doesn't make any sense. Prater had a monster leg in camp last year but a 2 cent brain when it came gametime. Elam is pro bowler. This other guy is history. The point is there are a lot of people who look good in practice. That doesn't mean anything.

I said that you should go to TC, since you have an opinion on players, but havent seen them in person. i kinda think my opinion is more valid, since i saw there to see it. Also Prater couldnt kick at all. he had a leg, but wasnt consistent. Lovell was consistent. he started at the 25yrd line, then went to 40. he moved in 5yrd increments. Made all of them over the net, then stoped at the 40yrd line, since he didnt make it over the net.

Homer?? thats not my name. dude i dont even know what team Lovell played with in college. also LINK? id like to know where you got your info from.

also i guess since you called me a homer. you know im right bout Shockley,and now are nervous. :lol:

You're paranoid. I don't care who starts at QB, I trust whatever M. Smith decides. I'm a fan of scrambling QBs.

Q: What is your impression of (Jason) Elam and how important will he be for the team?

A: “I think that you have to have a kicker in this League who when you can’t get the ball in the end zone, they are able to put it between the pipes. That is something that Jason has done for a long time. We are excited that we were able to acquire him and he was anxious to get back here to Atlanta. This is his home. He played at Brookwood High School. He kicks the ball extremely well and he knows his routine so you are not going to see him outside everyday kicking. He has been in this routine for the last three or four years. He has been to Pro Bowls and has done everything so we are just letting him set his schedule.”

7/28 Quotable Mike Smith.

Ownt. Shut up now please.

You're paranoid. I don't care who starts at QB, I trust whatever M. Smith decides. I'm a fan of scrambling QBs.

Q: What is your impression of (Jason) Elam and how important will he be for the team?

A: “I think that you have to have a kicker in this League who when you can’t get the ball in the end zone, they are able to put it between the pipes. That is something that Jason has done for a long time. We are excited that we were able to acquire him and he was anxious to get back here to Atlanta. This is his home. He played at Brookwood High School. He kicks the ball extremely well and he knows his routine so you are not going to see him outside everyday kicking. He has been in this routine for the last three or four years. He has been to Pro Bowls and has done everything so we are just letting him set his schedule.”

7/28 Quotable Mike Smith.

Ownt. Shut up now please.

1st of all i didnt get Owned, since that from 28, and i was at TC on the 30th, so thats Old news, plus that just says he makes his own schedule, not that his job is on Lock. Smith doesnt lock up jobs. you have to earn them, and i dont think we would have lovell on the team if he didnt have a purpose or wasnt fighting for his job.

Also then why did you call me homer. i dont know you, and if you think im a homer, then you dont know me or follow my posts. i couldnt care less if you like scramblers or not.

1st of all i didnt get Owned, since that from 28, and i was at TC on the 30th, so thats Old news, plus that just says he makes his own schedule, not that his job is on Lock. Smith doesnt lock up jobs. you have to earn them, and i dont think we would have lovell on the team if he didnt have a purpose or wasnt fighting for his job.

Also then why did you call me homer. i dont know you, and if you think im a homer, then you dont know me or follow my posts. i couldnt care less if you like scramblers or not.

You should shut up because you're starting to look like an idiot.

The point is, he didn't kick at TC on the 30th because he's doing his own thing.

And when are you allowed to do your own thing? Oh yeah, when you have job security.

I'm calling you a homer because you think the 3rd best QB on our team has a legitimate shot at starting. I like Shockley as much as anyone, but you're obsessed. You're like the opposite of birdweiserr, only even more ridiculous. At least he backed up his opinion with (albeit skewed) statistics. You just ramble and talk crap and make points that don't even appear intelligent.

Grow up when you're talking to a man, son.

This is why people treat you the way you do. Some of your posts show some football intelligence but are poorly written. But many of your posts, like this one, show a lot of ignorance and are poorly written. Elam is our kicker, plain and simple. You don't have to go to training camp to know that.

I beg to differ. I think GF shows a lot of intelligence in his posts, more then some on this board that's for sure. Judging someone's posting ability on how it is written is pretty dumb IMO, this isn't Senior High Written Communications class. Calling him a homer because he wants DJ Shockley to be the starting quarterback is also very ignorant. He has backed him up on this boards since I started posting here, and have actually gotten a lot of people positive about the QB battle coming up.

Apparently you missed the part where I said he has some football intelligence. If you think that the way a post is written is not important then you are sorely mistaken. For many of you it may not matter but I guarantee you he will never have the respect of such posters as DirtyWordII, Falcon Freddie, and other posters who actually know how to write. What would you think about Obama if you saw signs that said "Obama IS DA FUTURE" ? You'd think he's an idiot, right?

I talk to GAfan like I talk to my kid. He's got a lot of heart but needs some guidance. His homerism is over the top but atleast he cares. I'd just like to see him clean up his posts a lttle so it would be easier to read.