Team USA becoming the Harlem Globetrotters

Headshot

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

theyll get a dose of reality when they play some tougher teams.. i dont know who those tougher teams are but they got to be some better teams out there then what theyve faced so far...

well i guess spain should be the biggest threat. argentina, lithuania, russia and possibly even greece are other teams that can beat the US on a good day. but honestly, i don't see this US team losing in the olympics...they look very determined and effective

well i guess spain should be the biggest threat. argentina, lithuania, russia and possibly even greece are other teams that can beat the US on a good day. but honestly, i don't see this US team losing in the olympics...they look very determined and effective

didnt the last Olympic team blow out their prelims as well and we know how that ended up

Sorry A-Dog, but everytime I see Coach K I want to lay him on the mat and give him a flying elbow drop to his toupee off the top rope!.

What did Coach K ever do to anyone? I'm not a Duke fan or Coach K defender but I am really curious as to what he could have done.

As for Americans not liking Americans win basketball games in a grand way perhaps you should relocate to somewhere with a bit more, "class."

If the teams in the competition can't stop them then that's their problem.

What did Coach K ever do to anyone? I'm not a Duke fan or Coach K defender but I am really curious as to what he could have done.

As for Americans not liking Americans win basketball games in a grand way perhaps you should relocate to somewhere with a bit more, "class."

I dont have a problem with how they win.. Im just afraid they are going to start show boating it and getting over-confident and then when they play someone halfway decent theyll be playing for the Bronze medal again...

No when a guy stands in front of the basket and bounces the ball off the ground as hard as he can and someone else runs in for a slam dunk that is showing up the other team. If this was And-1 or the Globetrotters that wouldn't be a problem. There's nothing wrong with going out there and shooting the ball and dunking the ball but when you start doing alleyoops off the backboard and 360 dunking that is being classless.

Just my opinion, though.

Coach K didn't do anything to anyone.

Most people that hate the guy are likely UNC fans. Probably angry that Coach K was selected for the olympic team instead of Roy Williams...something stupid like that. Or maybe Florida fans that think Billy Donovan should have been it...who knows?

there was too much flash last night, just play ball & the flash will occur normally..

its crazy to me that dudes like Lebron are scared to penetrate against some skinny russians

and stop letting the Int'l mickey mouse zone confuse you. Either attack or have Mike Redd in the game & let him drain 3's

anyone who knows anything about hoops knows- driving to the hoop or hittin 3's=zone killer

Team USA is guaranteed a gold because of 1 reason though

Kobe Bean Bryant

he will blackout & just takeover the game

I'm not a UNC fan.

Well what's the reason for having strong feelings against Coach K?

I mean if you are a basketball player or fan and you have no interest in playing for Coach K or listening to Coach K then I don't know what to do for you.

Like I said I'm not a Duke fan but Coach K is an excellent teacher.

I mean if you are a basketball player or fan and you have no interest in playing for Coach K or listening to Coach K then I don't know what to do for you.

Okay what is the big deal about me not liking Coach K? I'm not the 1st person to not like a certain coach or player. You don't have to do anything for me, I don't get what being a fan of basketball has to do with me listening to Coach K.

It still stuns me how many people actually think K is an excellent teacher. He is excellent at turning McD's AAs into NBA busts though. He is good at intimidating refs into getting preferential calls. Hopefully he's polished up some a few foreign languages to prepare for the Olympics.

Getting rid of that chump Coach K, I can't stand him. I don't even care if the USA wins or loses because I can't stand him.

:angry:

I'm just curious to know why you don't like the guy. I mean the statement that you made was pretty strong....so what's up? You don't care if your country loses because of how strongly you dislike the coach? What's that all about?

It still stuns me how many people actually think K is an excellent teacher. He is excellent at turning McD's AAs into NBA busts though. He is good at intimidating refs into getting preferential calls. Hopefully he's polished up some a few foreign languages to prepare for the Olympics.

How many coaches have a, "lifelong contract?" Just name a couple that have an official, "lifelong contract."

In case you didn't know Duke isn't exactly known as being, "a stupid school." Some pretty smart people attend and run that college and year after year they win.

For you to say that Coach K is not an excellent teacher I would just be curious to know why that is.

Some great NBA players have come from Duke but I suppose you will say that is because they overcame Coach K not because of anything that he did to help them.

I'm just curious to know why you don't like the guy. I mean the statement that you made was pretty strong....so what's up? You don't care if your country loses because of how strongly you dislike the coach? What's that all about?

Well I don't watch the olympics and never have cared if they won or not, now with Coach K as the coach I really don't care if they win or not.