Falcons should trade Shockley

None None

I am a huge Georgia fan but want whats the best thing for the Falcons. There is no way we should keep 4 QBs on the roster. Even though Shockley is a better QB and talent than Harrington, we must trade him. First, we need to surround Matt Ryan with experienced veterans in Redman and Harrington. We are using Matt Ryan for the long term and need to move forward for the long term, keeping Shockley would be the short term fix. Secondly, there are many teams in need for QBs that could take a hard look at Shockley. For example, the Dolphins are an example, they have Quincy Carter coming in for a workout meaning they are currently not happy with their QB choices. Shockley is a whole lot better than any of their QBs currently on roster. My theory is we should get something for Shockley since he is getting good reviews in camp rather than just letting him walk to another team.

Funniest trade proposal on this message board ever.

Falcons FO -"Yes we would like to offer Shockley to your team"

Other NFL Team FO -"I thought Shockey went to the Saints"

Falcons FO - "No I said Shockley he's our 4th string quarterback"

Other NFL Team FO -"Who"? (hangs up the phone)

I don't know if Shockley has enough established value to be tradeable.

Harrington would help Chicago, Jets, 49ers, Miami, Buffalo, Panthers

and would be better than their current starters. He has been the guy

talking heads like to make fun of but he can do a good job if he has the

right tools.

how bout u just shut up..

trade him for what. remember what round he was drafted in?? we would be lucky to get a 7th rounder for him and theres no point in getting a 7th round pick who will just be a practice camp body. he is younger than both redman and harrington, he could potentially become the backup to ryan in the future so just get over it.

and would be better than their current starters.

smh, you can't be serious with that statement.

I see a lot of shirts not on right now with the statements made in this thread.

I don't know if Shockley has enough established value to be tradeable.

and would be better than their current starters. He has been the guy

talking heads like to make fun of but he can do a good job if he has the

right tools.

Harrington is better than all of their current QBs, and he sucks! :lol:

how bout u just shut up..

trade him for what. remember what round he was drafted in?? we would be lucky to get a 7th rounder for him and theres no point in getting a 7th round pick who will just be a practice camp body. he is younger than both redman and harrington, he could potentially become the backup to ryan in the future so just get over it.

I agree with you, but if he proves he can play, it doesn't really matter what round he was drafted in. The problem is that he will not get enough opportunity in the preseason to become trade worthy. I agree that we are much better keeping him & I'd like to see him backing up Ryan. If he happens to get some regular season experience during the next couple of years he may create some trade talk later like Schaub did. Right now it makes no sense.