Steve Smith should be booted from the league...

ThunderCookie

For years, Panther fans have labeled anyone and everyone on the Falcons a "thug". And yet they hero worship a man who enjoys attacking his team mates off the field.

I would have no problem with Smith getting in a fight a week while out on the field. Football is a violent game and some handle it better than others. But he has assaulted players while watching others play. How this can be excused is beyond me.

So what do the Panther fans have to say. Will they harshly codemn one of their own or make excuses? Will they forever bash Smith as they would say other teams should do with their own players or wear his jersey proudly?

We already know the answer I suppose. I just always find it funny when the most self righteous fans in the league have to back up what they preach.

On the field while in the heat of battle.

Not while watching special teams playing. They were standing on the sideline watching others play.

He should be suspended for a game, to say he should be booted from the league shows a flaw in your logic.

He should be suspended for a game, to say he should be booted from the league shows a flaw in your logic.

Maybe Smith is trying to show the thug side to save face after last years D.Hall mugging and punkazzing of Smith. The crying and hugging may have something to do with the new thug life as well...chances are Lucas has seen the pictures on the AFMBs and was dssing Smith's azz on the sidelines! :lol:

Maybe Smith is trying to show the thug side to save face after last years D.Hall mugging and punkazzing of Smith. The crying and hugging may have something to do with the new thug life as well...chances are Lucas has seen the pictures on the AFMBs and was dssing Smith's azz on the sidelines! :lol:

I'm not worried about that, it's a new year. Plus your boy Hall gave us the game. Shouldn't you be talking about current Falcons players?

"Boy, that is what we call an attention getter"

It was a gross overstatement to prove a point.

Most fans accept that we have different standards for the our team and their rivals. To be honest, I have always looked past excuses made about Smith's previous incident because I assumed it was on the field where fights show more competitive spirit than "thuggery". But jumping someone while in a film session?

"Boy, that is what we call an attention getter"

It was a gross overstatement to prove a point.

Most fans accept that we have different standards for the our team and their rivals. To be honest, I have always looked past excuses made about Smith's previous incident because I assumed it was on the field where fights show more competitive spirit than "thuggery". But jumping someone while in a film session?

I agree with you, that was completely wrong. That said, I'm glad he's on our team.

I'm not worried about that, it's a new year. Plus your boy Hall gave us the game. Shouldn't you be talking about current Falcons players?

Why? So you can take away from the attention Smith is so desperately seeking? The guy will cry, hug, jump players at a whim...he obviously has some emotional problems! I think Lucas called into question Smith's sexuality, same as Stephen Davis did with Micahel Westbrook!

I agree with you, that was completely wrong. That said, I'm glad he's on our team.

The problem with having discussion with you, is that you are not the Panther fan. You don't have (at least not in all the posts have read over the years) the holier than thou attitude that is so much fun to joke about.

So go back and bring me someone fun to pick on.

Why? So you can take away from the attention Smith is so desperately seeking? The guy will cry, hug, jump players at a whim...he obviously has some emotional problems! I think Lucas called into question Smith's sexuality, same as Stephen Davis did with Micahel Westbrook!

I don't care what he does as long as he produces on the field.

The problem with having discussion with you, is that you are not the Panther fan. You don't have (at least not in all the posts have read over the years) the holier than thou attitude that is so much fun to joke about.

Once the truth comes out there will be enough fun to go around for everyone, you'll see! :D

I try to be as objective as posible, don't get me wrong, I love my team and enjoy the **** out of it when we beat the Falcons.

Panthers fan here.

A fight is no big deal during training camp. BUT, there is word that Smith threw the first punch while Lucas was on 1 knee. That is D-Hall type behavior and I hope it turns out to not be true.

If you read the Panther boards, there are many Panther fans very pissed at Smith. Not only was it (possibly) bush league, it was flat out stupid. I wouldn't be surprised to see him suspended for 1 game with a substantial fine.

Just because we are fans of a team, doesn't mean we can't recognize idiotic behavior from our players. Can falcon fans say the same?

Besides, if Leonard Little can kill somebody and still play in the league, I think it's a little over the top to call for Smith to be banned for a fight during TC.

Panthers fan here.

A fight is no big deal during training camp. BUT, there is word that Smith threw the first punch while Lucas was on 1 knee. That is D-Hall type behavior and I hope it turns out to not be true.

If you read the Panther boards, there are many Panther fans very pissed at Smith. Not only was it (possibly) bush league, it was flat out stupid. I wouldn't be surprised to see him suspended for 1 game with a substantial fine.

Just because we are fans of a team, doesn't mean we can't recognize idiotic behavior from our players. Can falcon fans say the same?

Besides, if Leonard Little can kill somebody and still play in the league, I think it's a little over the top to call for Smith to be banned for a fight during TC.

i wasnt aware hall punched someone while on 1 knee.