Which Falcons would you draft?

IronHead34

I run a fantasy league every year. Right now I am deciding on my draft, and was wondering which Falcons I should consider. Just so you know, I have already decided that Turner will be my potential #2 running back. Roddy White will be my #2 or #3 receiver.

Are there any others I should consider for my lineup? (No, I will not draft DJ, I pay money to be in this league).

-Bird-

Norwood should be considered as as late #2 if turner is gone.....norwood WILL get a ton of touches this year......I dont know how your league will score catches and yds recieving by running backs but norwood is gonna get some stats this year.....for sure!!as for roddy.....I think thats a good #2 or #3 wr.....but for this team thats about it this year.

Most of the guys (and the three girls) live in Cincinnati, I guarantee Turner will be there while they all fight over Rudi Johnson, LT, and Adrien Peterson.

But I have thought of having Norwood on the bench just in case of injury, bye week, etc.

About our scoring,

WR's get 1 point / 10, 6 per TD, and 1 bonus point for every 100 yards rec. YAC = no points.

Most of the guys (and the three girls) live in Cincinnati, I guarantee Turner will be there while they all fight over Rudi Johnson, LT, and Adrien Peterson.

But I have thought of having Norwood on the bench just in case of injury, bye week, etc.

About our scoring,

WR's get 1 point / 10, 6 per TD, and 1 bonus point for every 100 yards rec. YAC = no points.

yeah Norwood would be solid off the bench....you could probably pick him up in a later round too!

Turner is always a good option. A starting RB will always have a position on any fantasy team, even if we cant predict how good he will be. For now assume Turner to be a #3 back with a chance to become #2 with some solid performances. Dont reach for Turner, in a 12 man league, wait till round 5 or 6 at the earliest.

As for Roddy White, he's our #1 receiver, and after his season last year, he would make a really good #2 receiver. Look for him in rounds 5 onward as well.

Lastly, look for Elam to be a solid fantasy kicker. Take him in the last round if you want to. Kickers in fantasy are pretty much a guessing game...but there are a few choices you can make that are definitely better than others. Elam has a solid career, and he would make an above average fantasy kicker.

Turner is always a good option. A starting RB will always have a position on any fantasy team, even if we cant predict how good he will be. For now assume Turner to be a #3 back with a chance to become #2 with some solid performances. Dont reach for Turner, in a 12 man league, wait till round 5 or 6 at the earliest.

As for Roddy White, he's our #1 receiver, and after his season last year, he would make a really good #2 receiver. Look for him in rounds 5 onward as well.

Lastly, look for Elam to be a solid fantasy kicker. Take him in the last round if you want to. Kickers in fantasy are pretty much a guessing game...but there are a few choices you can make that are definitely better than others. Elam has a solid career, and he would make an above average fantasy kicker.

Well said. I agree with the kickers. I had Akers last year, he was a little below average so I dumped him and he scored a TON of points that weekend.

I think your assessment is good.

Well said. I agree with the kickers. I had Akers last year, he was a little below average so I dumped him and he scored a TON of points that weekend.

I think your assessment is good.

thanks, i like to consider myself a fantasy vet. so to speak. been playing for a long time now.

oh and one more note. i suggest avoiding norwood. norwood has been an overrated fantasy pick for these past 2 years. I have seen people draft him early in every league I've been in, only to never start him/utilize him in their lineups. Norwoods production is spontaneous and unpredictable. he never produces enough points to be considered a valid starting rb in fantasy formats.

Unless Turner goes down, dont even consider norwood. When looking at a 2nd string Rb, there is only 1 factor that makes them viable to consider for your fantasy team: whether or not they will get the goal line carries. The only valuable 2nd string RB's are those that can get touchdowns, and get your team points in spurts. Norwood is a yardage back, and being that he is 2nd string and gets limited carries, for now avoid him.

winning a championship in fantasy means having a team full of players that contribute regularly and consistently. If your in a position where you NEED a RB and second stringers are your only choice, then your in trouble, but i'm here to help.

Like i said you'll want someone who can steal goal line carries, and because of this, they should be on a good team that can score a lot.

A good choice is whoever backs up julius jones in seattle. Marion barber stole from him in dallas, and i think either morris or duckett will steal from him in seattle. thats a good option.

watch the jonathan stewart, deangelo williams debacle in carolina, one of them will be a backup, but a good one for fantasy.

ladell betts is a hit or miss option, i wouldn't risk drafting him, but portis has injury history and betts can be a great sleeper when starting

i LOVE ray rice in baltimore, he will def. steal from mcgahee, especially with the RB lover Cam Cameron in town.

lastly, rashard mendenhall may be a good back for fantasy, but that is to be seen. steelers have always utilized 2 backs well.

i would avoid the likes of felix jones, reggie bush, norwood, dunn. they are yardage backs, and backups. not a good combination.

If you can get Ryan in the later mid-rounds to late rounds, he's a sleeper. Every fantasy analyst I've read anything from has him listed as the top rookie impact maker in fantasy sports this season.

If you're in an IDP league, I'd look at Boley as well. Other than Turner and Norwood though, Ryan is your only other offensive guy to look at. Laurent Robinson in a very deep round would be a good guy to pick up, but who knows what his production will be if you have deep rosters.