Observations From Thursday Morning Camp

formul8or

Pretty good feeling day. Milloy and Robinson were notables that didn't participate today(I haven't had time to look as to why).

- Milloy while not practicing was assisting the coaches during drills and giving pointers all day

- Matt Ryan went for some deep passes a few times today, and while he was on target they had a float to them I worry about against good CB's

- Barring injuries Brian Finneran WILL MAKE THE TEAM! The man was great on Wedensday and today he was outstanding, making two awesome catches, one on a fade and one on a comeback route he had to dive for.

- Grady had to be double and triple teamed all day

- Tyson Clabo stands like a woman when his hands are on his hips

- All of our receivers did well today, Kinoshita did make a few mistakes, but for some reason I'm pulling hard for him

- Our CB's are getting beat a LOT, like every play during scrimmages, but since the d-line isn't sacking or applying a whole lot a pressure I think that contributes to the QB's making the right decisions with plenty of time

- They ran a couple of reverses and key plays that used Jennings

- Norwood looked fantastic on his runs

- I think our special teams is gonna be pretty darn good, at least from a defensive standpoint

Autographs for the day: Weiner, Blalock, and Baker, all three pretty nice guys

Pretty good feeling day. Milloy and Robinson were notables that didn't participate today(I haven't had time to look as to why).

- Milloy while not practicing was assisting the coaches during drills and giving pointers all day

- Matt Ryan went for some deep passes a few times today, and while he was on target they had a float to them I worry about against good CB's

- Barring injuries Brian Finneran WILL MAKE THE TEAM! The man was great on Wedensday and today he was outstanding, making two awesome catches, one on a fade and one on a comeback route he had to dive for.

- Grady had to be double and triple teamed all day

- Tyson Clabo stands like a woman when his hands are on his hips

- All of our receivers did well today, Kinoshita did make a few mistakes, but for some reason I'm pulling hard for him

- Our CB's are getting beat a LOT, like every play during scrimmages, but since the d-line isn't sacking or applying a whole lot a pressure I think that contributes to the QB's making the right decisions with plenty of time

- They ran a couple of reverses and key plays that used Jennings

- Norwood looked fantastic on his runs

- I think our special teams is gonna be pretty darn good, at least from a defensive standpoint

Autographs for the day: Weiner, Blalock, and Baker, all three pretty nice guys

It's so good to have gravy back man handling the trenches. The clabo thing was sorta funny it came out of nowhere. As always we appreciate the info bro keep up the good work and hope you had a blast out there.

Thanks.

As far as CBs getting beat, I'm glad to hear that.

Early in Training Camp when there is no pressure on the QBs they should be able to make the right reads and find an open guy. The CBs getting beat doesn't really bother me at all. No way of telling how long these plays are taking to develop or how much time they'll actually have when game time comes around. I'm not worried about CB though. DL can cover up secondary mistakes with pressure. So, we'll see how it shakes out, but it only takes 1 big play from a CB who gives up a lot of catches to change the game. Just keep those guys out of the endzone and I'll be happy.

Problem I see is pressure, Babs HAS to stay healthy, his presence is going to be huge for our pass rush. Grady is great to have and I'm glad he's back.

I'm pumped about Pre-season when I can hopefully see some games.

Thanks for the info. Any other info on Grimes and Glenn Sharpe?

Grimes is athletic and quick, but when he is against Finneran or Jenkins his lack of size is very evident. Roddy too, but as I said the d-line not being able to sack and all that is giving the WR's a big advantage over the DB's.

Sharpe I haven't kept a close eye on, I'll scope him out next time I go.

Our CB's are getting beat a LOT, like every play during scrimmages, but since the d-line isn't sacking or applying a whole lot a pressure I think that contributes to the QB's making the right decisions with plenty of time
Yeah it does. We just need Jamaal going this season. It should take care of a lot of DL problems. UT still might be weak though
Tyson Clabo stands like a woman when his hands are on his hips
Great Observation. You should be a scout for the NE Patriots
Grady had a double and triple burger for breakfast

I noticed that too

Barring injuries Brian Finneran WILL MAKE THE TEAM! The man was great on Wedensday and today he was outstanding, making two awesome catches, one on a fade and one on a comeback route he had to dive for.
I sure hope so. He is a good ST player too
Matt Ryan went for some deep passes a few times today, and while he was on target they had a float to them I worry about against good CB's
A little time in the weight room will take of that.

Grimes is athletic and quick, but when he is against Finneran or Jenkins his lack of size is very evident. Roddy too, but as I said the d-line not being able to sack and all that is giving the WR's a big advantage over the DB's.

Sharpe I haven't kept a close eye on, I'll scope him out next time I go.

Thanks man. And yea, it's a lot harder for the DB's when the QB is getting nowhere near the same amount of pressure he does in real games.

man, you guys think a player nobody else wanted will be a proboewl DT this year. With your atrocious OL of course it will take all 5 guys to handle Grady. Once you get in real game action you'll see how easy teams block him, he's got minimal impact.

I can't wait for Sept! It's going to be a hard dose of reality for this team and MB

Thanks.

As far as CBs getting beat, I'm glad to hear that.

Early in Training Camp when there is no pressure on the QBs they should be able to make the right reads and find an open guy. The CBs getting beat doesn't really bother me at all. No way of telling how long these plays are taking to develop or how much time they'll actually have when game time comes around. I'm not worried about CB though. DL can cover up secondary mistakes with pressure. So, we'll see how it shakes out, but it only takes 1 big play from a CB who gives up a lot of catches to change the game. Just keep those guys out of the endzone and I'll be happy.

Problem I see is pressure, Babs HAS to stay healthy, his presence is going to be huge for our pass rush. Grady is great to have and I'm glad he's back.

I'm pumped about Pre-season when I can hopefully see some games.

LMFAO! Yes, it's great that your CB's get abused because they'll be used to to it by the time the season comes. They are horrible and other than OL is the weakest part of your team. Your D will get abused this year, straight abused.

man, you guys think a player nobody else wanted will be a proboewl DT this year. With your atrocious OL of course it will take all 5 guys to handle Grady. Once you get in real game action you'll see how easy teams block him, he's got minimal impact.

I can't wait for Sept! It's going to be a hard dose of reality for this team and MB

Not so much... i think Falcons fans... more than anybody... have had more "reality" thrust apon them than any other fanbase..

Gloat about it if it makes you feel more of a man... but really, at the moment, its like pushing over the crippled kid

Jigga you are as ignorant as they come buddy! ill informed as well as Green Bay, New England, Oakland, and Jacksonville all wanted Grady. Any other way you want to feel stupid please go right ahead.

Well I hope they are getting beat because that means the QBs are making good reads. But come on, The wide receivers are suppose to catch balls when the QB is under no pressure. I would be alittle scared if the WRs werent catching balls cause that would mean the catchers are not runnig there routs correct. But when that pressure hits, the QBs of the league are going to be up for a rude awakening! :o

Well I hope they are getting beat because that means the QBs are making good reads. But come on, The wide receivers are suppose to catch balls when the QB is under no pressure. I would be alittle scared if the WRs werent catching balls cause that would mean the catchers are not runnig there routs correct. But when that pressure hits, the QBs of the league are going to be up for a rude awakening! :o

post-539625-1217561985_thumb.jpg

Jigga you are as ignorant as they come buddy! ill informed as well as Green Bay, New England, Oakland, and Jacksonville all wanted Grady. Any other way you want to feel stupid please go right ahead.

yes of course, Grady picked ATL over NE and GB. Bro, the only person that looks like a fool is you. THe fat man will have little impact on your poor D.

[/quote

I would say rotate on this, but you would get burned :rolleyes:

yes of course, Grady picked ATL over NE and GB. Bro, the only person that looks like a fool is you. THe fat man will have little impact on your poor D.

That fat man sure made your run offense look like crap while he was here whats your excuse for that? When he played yall How is that 2.6 ypc for the season against us while he was here look to ya? Also he lead the league in tackles for loss while he was here.

That fat man sure made your run offense look like crap while he was here whats your excuse for that? When he played yall How is that 2.6 ypc for the season against us while he was here look to ya? Also he lead the league in tackles for loss while he was here.

sure, 2 years ago when the Bucs OL was as bad as your atoricous OL he played well. The BUcs and every other team will run and throw rampant against your horrid D. I can't wait, your team will be hilarious this year.

yeah, that scares me about Matt Ryan - i'm totally on board now with us drafting him but his long throws in college had a "lot of air" under them - I think Matty Ice is gonna have a lot of trouble completing the long ball in the pro's if his arm does not get stronger.

many of you talk about how Matt's arm will get stronger - does this happen a lot in the NFL? I know I have heard some say Tom Brady's arm got stronger since being in pro's but have not heard it much elsewhere......

yeah, that scares me about Matt Ryan - i'm totally on board now with us drafting him but his long throws in college had a "lot of air" under them - I think Matty Ice is gonna have a lot of trouble completing the long ball in the pro's if his arm does not get stronger.

many of you talk about how Matt's arm will get stronger - does this happen a lot in the NFL? I know I have heard some say Tom Brady's arm got stronger since being in pro's but have not heard it much elsewhere......

Yup, speaking from personal experience (always wanted to say that :P) it's not really about working out and getting stronger. Repetition and proper mechanics help improve your throws A LOT, both accuracy and strength wise. The more he practices and the longer he's in the league the further, and stronger, he will be able to throw.