Hey Headshot...Hey Movie Guy

If people wouldn't have hyped it up as much, maybe my standards wouldn't have been so high, but calling it decent is an overstatement. I think people tried crowning it epic just because of Ledger's death, it honestly wasn't "great" like the media made it out to be. It was boring. The only parts worth watching are the parts with the Joker, and you actually don't see him that much.. Just my opinions of course, and a lot of people will disagree, but that's my take on it. As for playing the Joker, Nicholson>Ledger, playing a gay cowboy, I give it to Ledger 110 percent.

I respect everyones opinion, but I am a big fan of superhero movies and this is the best of the best.

I am also a die hard fan of superhero movies, and I agree that everybody has a different taste in what movies they like. I just felt that a lot of people were giving it to much credit because Heath Ledger died tragically within the time period that the movie came out. He was very good, but it seems like they made him a poster boy for the movie, and he really didn't star in it like a lot of people say. Christian Bale is an alright bat man, but that's about it.

Who would you have rather seen play Batman?

Michael Keaton, Val Kilmer George Clooney, really anybody. Like I said, it is not a BAD movie, but it wasn't a GREAT movie.

Are you nuts? Kilmer, Keaton, Clooney, all were terrible at the role. Christian Bale is, quite possibly, the best actor in Hollywood today. He gets more in depth in his roles than anyone out there. He's perfect for the role, and is passionate about his roles. Have you ever seen any of his other movies? He's always good, regardless of how bad the movie is. I think he's the best Batman there has ever been.

Keaton played the roll much better than I expected....he was good for Burton's style. Kilmer should have never been cast as Batman and Clooney is a good actor who had a horrible script and director.
Keaton was a good Bruce Wayne, not so much a good Batman. But I do agree, Mr. Mom pulled off being in an action flick better than I would have ever expected.

Clooney - His bat suit had nipples. Enough said.

Keaton played the roll much better than I expected....he was good for Burton's style. Kilmer should have never been cast as Batman and Clooney is a good actor who had a horrible script and director.

Clooney was horrible because he played Bruce Wayne in a batman costume. He talked in his normal, every day voice and acted like his normal, every day self. You might even say he played George Clooney in a batsuit. I still remember that "Hi Freeze, I'm Batman" line from Batman and Robin. Jesus christ I get goosebumps just thinking about how ******** that was.

Batman Forever and Batman & Robin are not only 2 of the worst Batman movies ever, they're two of the worst movies period ever. Chris O'Donnel is a terrible actor, and George Clooney as Batman? Come the **** on.

Anybody who likes those Batman's is either 10 years old or 50 years old...or brain dead.

Ugh...I cringe.

And who could ever forget putting nipples on the Batsuit?

batman-5.jpg

Absolutely terrible.

Clooney was horrible because he played Bruce Wayne in a batman costume. He talked in his normal, every day voice and acted like his normal, every day self. You might even say he played George Clooney in a batsuit. I still remember that "Hi Freeze, I'm Batman" line from Batman and Robin. Jesus christ I get goosebumps just thinking about how ******** that was.

Batman Forever and Batman & Robin are not only 2 of the worst Batman movies ever, they're two of the worst movies period ever. Chris O'Donnel is a terrible actor, and George Clooney as Batman? Come the **** on.

Anybody who likes those Batman's is either 10 years old or 50 years old...or brain dead.

Ugh...I cringe.

batman-5.jpg

Absolutely terrible.

It's like they tried to make Batman look like Clooney. :lol:

I still have yet to see it in IMAX, but I might just go today since I have the day off.

oh man you absolutely have to. it is absolutely sick.

and i respect your opinion monoxide but i think as someone who has always been a fan of batman (i still have the action figures in my closet) i really loved the movie. clearly we disagree and youre a good poster so i dont want to start anything but i think always liking batman and him being my favorite "super hero" character has a lot to do with me thinking it is great or one of my favorite movies ive ever seen. ive seen it 4 times already, haha.

Ugh...I cringe.

batman-5.jpg

Absolutely terrible.

Wow, I actually forgot how bad those were... Now I wish I could get them out of my mind.

ROFL a Alfred asking batman if he could persuade him to take a sandwich... GAY!

Ugh...I cringe.

batman-5.jpg

Absolutely terrible.

yeah, those were both awful, but i thought jim carrey was a really good riddler.

the burton movies sucked too though, probably had something to do with having the worst director on the planet

yeah, those were both awful, but i thought jim carrey was a really good riddler.

the burton movies sucked too though, probably had something to do with having the worst director on the planet

Agreed at Burton being a bad director. I think he's a great writer though. The problem is his vision for directing the things he writes is often not very good.

I hated the Burton Batman movies. I seem to hate everything that people liked about them, I guess I'm weird.

I hated Jack Nicholson as the Joker, he ruined the Joker for me until Ledger redeemed it.

I hated Michael Keaton as Batman

I hated Danny Devito as The Penguin.

I hated Michelle Pfieffer as Catwoman.

I hated the Batmobile. I think the Tumbler for the new movies is badass.

The acting was terrible and the dialogue was cheesy.

I pretty much just hated everything about Burton's movies. To me, they sucked just as bad as Batman Forever and Batman & Robin. The only thing Burton got right was the darkness of the comic books.

I pretty much just hated everything about Burton's movies. To me, they sucked just as bad as Batman Forever and Batman & Robin. The only thing Burton got right was the darkness of the comic books.

yeah, and that was probably an accident cuz burton does lots of dark crap.

and he made the penguin look like a corpse, whats up with that?

and what did you think of carrey as the riddler? i thought he was good, cant say the same for tommy lee jones as two face though...ugh!

yeah, and that was probably an accident cuz burton does lots of dark crap.

and he made the penguin look like a corpse, whats up with that?

and what did you think of carrey as the riddler? i thought he was good, cant say the same for tommy lee jones as two face though...ugh!

Yeah Tim Burton's decision to turn The Penguin into a deformed freak instead of just a short mob boss is definitely a head scratcher. Not sure why he did that. DeVito could have still played the normal Penguin.

I hated Jim Carrey. The decision to cast him as The Riddler was what started the horrible mis-casting of every single villain in those 2 Batman movies. Jim Carrey played The Riddler like The Joker. I would have understood it more if they actually cast him to play Joker. Riddler is nothing like Joker though, and that's what bothered me the most.

hey headshot ive been trying to figure out some stuff about the riddler and i thought id throw you a question thats kind of stumping me.

i know that hes very smart and obviously loves riddles and puzzles, etc. and he has a large ego also. but why does he commit crimes or do things? like in the dark knight the joker commits crimes to promote anarchy as an agent of chaos, two face commits crimes out of vengeance and the obsession with everything being fair... but what is the story that pushes the riddler to do things? im just struggling to find or figure that out, and was wondering if you could help me out.

if the writers can come up with an explanation for that, a way to kind of support everything he does as well as they did for the joker and for two face... then they could have another fantastic villain on their hands. thanks man.

hey headshot ive been trying to figure out some stuff about the riddler and i thought id throw you a question thats kind of stumping me.

i know that hes very smart and obviously loves riddles and puzzles, etc. and he has a large ego also. but why does he commit crimes or do things? like in the dark knight the joker commits crimes to promote anarchy as an agent of chaos, two face commits crimes out of vengeance and the obsession with everything being fair... but what is the story that pushes the riddler to do things? im just struggling to find or figure that out, and was wondering if you could help me out.

if the writers can come up with an explanation for that, a way to kind of support everything he does as well as they did for the joker and for two face... then they could have another fantastic villain on their hands. thanks man.

The Riddler commits crimes for the very reason you mentioned-- he has a large ego. He's a narcissist. He commits crimes because he believes no one can stop him from doing so. He sends clues in the form of a riddle to the people responsible for trying to capture him because he wants them to play his game.

Whereas the Joker's crimes are a part of his belief system, and Two-Face's crimes are crimes of passion and vengeance, the Riddler's crimes are a game. Take the Zodiac Killer for example-- he used to send letters to the police after killing someone because he wanted to mock them and taunt them. It was all apart of his inflamed ego and the fact that he thought he was too smart for the police. Maybe he was, because they never caught him.

I personally think that Nolan could create a brilliant Riddler if he turned him into some kind of serial killer or someone like the Saw killer who set up demented death traps and then forced people to solve a riddle before it killed them. A Christopher Nolan-directed Batman movie with the Riddler as the villain could really be something special and it would force Batman to use his detective skills a lot more than his physical skills. I would love to see it.

The Riddler commits crimes for the very reason you mentioned-- he has a large ego. He's a narcissist. He commits crimes because he believes no one can stop him from doing so. He sends clues in the form of a riddle to the people responsible for trying to capture him because he wants them to play his game.

Whereas the Joker's crimes are a part of his belief system, and Two-Face's crimes are crimes of passion and vengeance, the Riddler's crimes are a game. Take the Zodiac Killer for example-- he used to send letters to the police after killing someone because he wanted to mock them and taunt them. It was all apart of his inflamed ego and the fact that he thought he was too smart for the police. Maybe he was, because they never caught him.

I personally think that Nolan could create a brilliant Riddler if he turned him into some kind of serial killer or someone like the Saw killer who set up demented death traps and then forced people to solve a riddle before it killed them. A Christopher Nolan-directed Batman movie with the Riddler as the villain could really be something special and it would force Batman to use his detective skills a lot more than his physical skills. I would love to see it.

Nolan is too smart to rip off the John Kramer persona (that'd be Jigsaw from the Saw franchise). He also couldn't pull off the demented like James Wan, Leigh Whannel, etc did in the script writing for Saw. Another reason he wouldn't use that is because it's been done before, and the fact that these movies are supposed to be watchable by most audiences. He wouldn't run the franchise he's built into the ground by grossing people out, which is the intrigue of Saw. It takes you to your limits and forces you past them. That's my favorite movie franchise of all time, and I've been to every opening night and there are always at least 30% of the patrons that walk out before it's over because of it being too gross for them. ****, 50% walked out on opening night last year before the title came up because of the autopsy scene. Nolan wouldn't do that. He wants people to come back and see the film again and again because that's where the money comes from.

I think if they do the Riddler, they will make it more along the lines of the Zodiac Killer, or something like that, where he sends the police the riddles about his crimes, but they don't use the graphic gore. They can't do that with it because of the fact that it'll kill the movie for a lot of patrons.