Quality of this Falcon Team

Bring It

Here we go again.

I'm sorry but I get ill every time I see another sports media talking head refer to the CURRENT Falcon team and franchise as either totally irrelevant or 4th rate..........not even to be discussed as a team to be "reckoned with". I say..........BALL -LONEY !!!!

Because of free agency and coaches changing jobs everywhere, there are no "locks" anymore in the NFL,......... with a very few exceptions :

Patriots............Colts.............Steelers.............Cowboys.............G

iants

Ok, then you have the Chargers and Jags...........and that's it !!!

Guess what folks ??? There are 25 other teams in the NFL AND the Falcons are ONE of them !!!!! And starting Sept. 7 at 1:00 PM they will and CAN compete eyeball to eyeball with ANY ONE of them !!!! If anyone who follows the NFL can't see this they are clueless, or too biased to want to see what progress teams like Atlanta have made over the past 6 months.

We are going to SUR - PRIZE a ton of people................starting Sept. 7.

Here we go again.

I'm sorry but I get ill every time I see another sports media talking head refer to the CURRENT Falcon team and franchise as either totally irrelevant or 4th rate..........not even to be discussed as a team to be "reckoned with". I say..........BALL -LONEY !!!!

Because of free agency and coaches changing jobs everywhere, there are no "locks" anymore in the NFL,......... with a very few exceptions :

Patriots............Colts.............Steelers.............Cowboys.............G

iants

Guess what folks ??? There are 25 other teams in the NFL AND the Falcons are ONE of them !!!!! And starting Sept. 7 at 1:00 PM they will and CAN compete eyeball to eyeball with ANY ONE of them !!!! If anyone who follows the NFL can't see this they are clueless, or too biased to want to see what progress teams like Atlanta have made over the past 6 months.

we sure will

win it all?? did they trade for brett farve or something, cause theirs no way in **** your gonna win it all with QB's like Chad "Noodle Arm" Pennigton, or that other scrub clemons.

Jets Suck i predict they go 7-9 at best

i'm no jets fan, but they had a helluva offseason...i wouldn't be surprised if they won 11 games

If the Saints can purge the majority of their roster, get a new coaching staff, use a gimmick RB, and can still make it to the NFC Championship game, then I don't see why the Falcons can't have a winning season.

The Saints signed a pro-bowl QB.

We have a rookie that we just drafted.

QB play was a HUGE reason for their turnaround.

Almost every aspect of our team has gotten worse from a talent prospective....

The odds are definitely not in our favor....

Well we are not the most talented team in the NFL, and we do have new schemes and new coaches backed by a new FO, so I see why everyone is down on us. But everyone also acknowledges that there is very little difference in the majority of teams in the NFL these days, where parity is the norm.

So, I just can't figure out why they can say we will stink so bad. Maybe we will, but right now we have a very good chance of being a competitive team. I know I have my fingers crossed, but also I am realistic enough to know we may struggle badly. If we do that is cool too, because you learn something about yourself that way.

Nobody gives us a shot at all this year, so we won't have to worry about disappointing anyone.

There are 25 other teams in the NFL AND the Falcons are ONE of them !!!!! And starting Sept. 7 at 1:00 PM they will and CAN compete eyeball to eyeball with ANY ONE of them !!!! If anyone who follows the NFL can't see this they are clueless, or too biased to want to see what progress teams like Atlanta have made over the past 6 months.

Rookie QB behind that line?

Questionable secondary?

Brand new HC and scheme?

I'b be surprised if the Falcons won 5 games this year. That's not a slam - I think you hired a good HC. But you guys cleaned house and are rebuilding. Sure it doesn't take as long as it used to - but it still does require some time.

You guys have 3 players that I can think of, off the top of my head, that would upgrade our team this season. That's really not that much

Rookie QB behind that line?

Questionable secondary?

Brand new HC and scheme?

I'b be surprised if the Falcons won 5 games this year. That's not a slam - I think you hired a good HC. But you guys cleaned house and are rebuilding. Sure it doesn't take as long as it used to - but it still does require some time.

You guys have 3 players that I can think of, off the top of my head, that would upgrade our team this season. That's really not that much

By September, the Falcons will have the BEST team chemistry in the NFL. That, plus excellent, quality, INTELLIGENT players with a great coaching staff will make them winners. Who knows how many games they will win ? No one knows.

They will be very, very competitive....................and then some.

By September, the Falcons will have the BEST team chemistry in the NFL. That, plus excellent, quality, INTELLIGENT players with a great coaching staff will make them winners. Who knows how many games they will win ? No one knows.

They will be very, very competitive....................and then some.

Why even make a prediction about something that can't be measured?

Look, I like your coach - I think Ryan was the right guy to pick given your position. Baker may or may not prove to be a top NFL LT - it was a gamble to trade up and select him where you did - but I understand the reasoning.

I applaud your enthusiasm - I just think it's a bit over-board given the state of your franchise.

Here we go again.

We can cheer the falcons all we want, but the facts are the facts.

We are equivalent to a new franchise team.

Rookie HC

Rookie GM

Rookie DC

Our OC is experienced as a HC and an OC both of which he was fired from.

Our O-Line is VERY questionable

Our D-Line is questionable

Our DB's are unproven and questionable

Our QB(s) are not ready for prime time

We have a chance at having a good LB corps, but while Boley is in his prime, Brooking is past his prime and the other guy is a rookie.

Our RB's could both do well, but that assumes they can get to then through the LoS. With our O-line, that is questionable.

Could lightning strike? Sure

Could magic happen? sure

Could everything come together for a Cinderella year? Sure

But it's not likely. At least 27 of the other teams in the NFL are in a better position TODAY than we are with respect to coaching and personnel.

But you are right. We'll start finding out in September which is what football is all about.

there are way too many unknowns on this team to say either way.

Good point, however...............the NFL is a league of :

1) Mistakes

2) Penalties

3) Injuries

I like our chances compared to at least 24 or 25 other teams.

Guess what ???

Starting Sept. 7 we'll start finding out, won't we.

Get ready to be surprised.

Here we go again.

iants

http://life.atlantafalcons.com/index.php?showtopic=3794326

You would know better than this coach? I think not.

Here we go again.

iants

you should be mad at the foulcons for getting into that situation . you make a good point about the free agency, so ask yourself why the foulcons arent taking advantage of it. i want to tell you but all you have to do is look into the past. the more that changes the more that it stays the same

you should be mad at the foulcons for getting into that situation . you make a good point about the free agency, so ask yourself why the foulcons arent taking advantage of it. i want to tell you but all you have to do is look into the past. the more that changes the more that it stays the same

Please....................