What do yall think will be our biggest need heading into the 2009 Draft?

Needs into 2009 Draft...  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Which position will it be?

• QB
    • RB
    • WR
    • TE
    • CB
    • ILB
    • OLB
    • C
    • OT
    • OG
    • DT
    • DE
    • S
    • CB

I know some are going to be like "RB? QB? Why is that even up there?" but with some people, you never know. Put QB cause we all know that GAFan is going to be lobbying for Matthew Stafford ;)

Centers

Alex Mack, California

Height: 6'5 - Weight: 300

Alex Mack would have been the top center in 2008, if he hadn't decided to return to California.

Antoine Caldwell, Alabama

Height: 6'4 - Weight: 288

Caldwell is built for a zone blocking scheme, because of hi small frame and good speed.

A.Q. Shipley, Penn State

Height: 6'1 - Weight: 293

Shipley has looked solid at Penn State against the big, physical defensive linemen of the Big Ten.

Offensive Guards

Duke Robinson, Oklahoma

Height: 6'5 - Weight: 330

Duke Robinson couyld have been the top guard taken in the 2008 draft, if he entered. Robinson will be a force on the interior for whatever team drafts him.

Jeremy Perry, Oregon State

Height: 6'2 - Weight: 324

Perry is equally adept at run and pass blocking. He's not as physically imposing as the others on this list, but his technique is outstanding.

Kraig Urbik, Wisconsin

Height: 6'6 - Weight: 330

Urbik is still a work in progress, but he's a fantastic run blocker. Urbik will only get better as next season goes on.

Herman Johnson, LSU

Height: 6'7 - Weight: 351

By far and away the biggest guard on this list, Johnson is an imposing figure on the interior.

Steve Rehring, Ohio State

Height: 6'8 - Weight: 345

Rehring is yet another solid Ohio State lineman. The Buckeye blockers aren't always the biggest or fastest, but they make very few mistakes.

Offensive Tackles

Michael Oher, Ole Miss

Height: 6'5 - Weight: 325

Michael Oher is a big physical tackle, who would have been a first round draft pick this year.

Phil Loadholt, Oklahoma

Height: 6'8 - Weight: 352

Loadholt is a huge tackle, who could develop into one of the best tackle in the NFL.

Alex Boone, Ohio State

Height: 6'8 - Weight: 325

Alex Boone contemplated entering the draft this year, but will be a first round selection in 2009.

Andre Smith, Alabama

Height: 6'5 - Weight: 333

Smith is extremely quick for his size. He's slowly lost a lot of weight in Nick Saban's new work out program, which has benefited his play

Max Unger, Oregon

Height: 6'5 - Weight: 306

Max Unger will be the best zone blocking tackle in the 2009 draft.

Other postions here: http://www.fftoolbox.com/nfl_draft/2009/to...2009.cfm?pos=OL

I know some are going to be like "RB? QB? Why is that even up there?" but with some people, you never know. Put QB cause we all know that GAFan is going to be lobbying for Matthew Stafford ;)

Centers

Alex Mack, California

Height: 6'5 - Weight: 300

Alex Mack would have been the top center in 2008, if he hadn't decided to return to California.

Antoine Caldwell, Alabama

Height: 6'4 - Weight: 288

Caldwell is built for a zone blocking scheme, because of hi small frame and good speed.

A.Q. Shipley, Penn State

Height: 6'1 - Weight: 293

Shipley has looked solid at Penn State against the big, physical defensive linemen of the Big Ten.

Offensive Guards

Duke Robinson, Oklahoma

Height: 6'5 - Weight: 330

Duke Robinson couyld have been the top guard taken in the 2008 draft, if he entered. Robinson will be a force on the interior for whatever team drafts him.

Jeremy Perry, Oregon State

Height: 6'2 - Weight: 324

Perry is equally adept at run and pass blocking. He's not as physically imposing as the others on this list, but his technique is outstanding.

Kraig Urbik, Wisconsin

Height: 6'6 - Weight: 330

Urbik is still a work in progress, but he's a fantastic run blocker. Urbik will only get better as next season goes on.

Herman Johnson, LSU

Height: 6'7 - Weight: 351

By far and away the biggest guard on this list, Johnson is an imposing figure on the interior.

Steve Rehring, Ohio State

Height: 6'8 - Weight: 345

Rehring is yet another solid Ohio State lineman. The Buckeye blockers aren't always the biggest or fastest, but they make very few mistakes.

Offensive Tackles

Michael Oher, Ole Miss

Height: 6'5 - Weight: 325

Michael Oher is a big physical tackle, who would have been a first round draft pick this year.

Phil Loadholt, Oklahoma

Height: 6'8 - Weight: 352

Loadholt is a huge tackle, who could develop into one of the best tackle in the NFL.

Alex Boone, Ohio State

Height: 6'8 - Weight: 325

Alex Boone contemplated entering the draft this year, but will be a first round selection in 2009.

Andre Smith, Alabama

Height: 6'5 - Weight: 333

Smith is extremely quick for his size. He's slowly lost a lot of weight in Nick Saban's new work out program, which has benefited his play

Max Unger, Oregon

Height: 6'5 - Weight: 306

Max Unger will be the best zone blocking tackle in the 2009 draft.

Other postions here: http://www.fftoolbox.com/nfl_draft/2009/to...2009.cfm?pos=OL

i say qb, because after ryan gets injured we gonna be back to square 1

Defensive Tackles

Fili Moala, USC

Height: 6'4 - Weight: 295

Moala has good speed and pass rushing moves at the defensive tackle position. He tops the list because he can play in the cover two, the 4-3, or play end in the 3-4.

Al Woods, LSU

Height: 6'5 - Weight: 324

Al Woods is the only true nose tackle on this list. He's big, and has a good motor. Woods will help any 3-4 defense at the nose tackle.

DeMarcus Granger, Oklahoma

Height: 6'3 - Weight: 300

Every year, Granger loses a little weight and gets a little quicker. He's a penetrating tackle who gets into the back field regularly.

Terrence Taylor, Michigan

Height: 6'0 - Weight: 310

Taylor is very quick for his size, and has the best technique of any defensive tackle on this list.

Sen'Derrick Marks, Auburn

Height: 6'1 - Weight: 291

Yet another quick defensive tackle, who would fit perfectly into a cover 2 scheme.

depending on what we do in FA I think it will be between OT or DT. Where we are picking and how Baker plays has a lot to do with what we do as well. I kinda think that if we pick around 10-12 I can see us trading down. TD wants to model the our team after the Patriots. I can totally see him wanting to add a second round pick. I was day dreaming the other day about us trading down with the Cowboys. I could see them wanting to move up and select Percy Harvin (he would be crazy in Dallas, especially now that the Cowboys released Glenn).

I could then see us selecting Alex Boone out of Ohio State. I know he wouldn't be everyone's first choice at OT, but I view him as more of a RT prospect, and I totally expect him to be there in the early to mid 20s. Boone could easily be cross trained to play a number of positions along the offensive line, and he is a very stout linemen. TD obviously likes Ohio State players, which is why I think Boone will be high up on our draft board.

Obviously this scenario is a complete fabrication of mine, but I could totally see it happening. If we could then add a DT and a RG in the 2nd round, and a TE in the 3rd, we could focus the rest of the draft on depth and ST players; possibly a stud return man.