Rush Limbaugh thinking of buying the Rams?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no friggin' way an all white team is gonna cut it in the NFL.

But I gues it would give him a reason to keep a lot of painkillers on hand.

I won't defend Rush's bad decisions (I don't buy into the whole drug abuse is a disease, poor me crap), but I won't ridicule him for it either, so as long as your this big a **** to everyone who has had this struggle......funny joke <_< , otherwise not so much, and the unfounded racist characterization ........classic.

I'm sure he welcomes the publicity either way.

Rightttt, cause he gives two sh*ts about publicity at this point, he is and has been for nearly twenty years the most listened to radio talk show in the country, he put talk radio on the map and paved the way for the few libs who have been able to scratch out a successful living in the business.......not to mention the guy just signed an eight year, 38 million per contract......I don't think he is too concerned about publicity, just a big fan of football.

The St. Louis Reagans..........I can see it

Rightttt, cause he gives two sh*ts about publicity at this point, he is and has been for nearly twenty years the most listened to radio talk show in the country, he put talk radio on the map and paved the way for the few libs who have been able to scratch out a successful living in the business.......not to mention the guy just signed an eight year, 38 million per contract......I don't think he is too concerned about publicity, just a big fan of football.

If you read the quote I was responding to I wasn't talking about him owning the football team. Rather people talking about him (good or bad) is welcomed publicity....and make no mistakes...everyone in show business (Especially radio) cares about publicity.

There is no friggin' way an all white team is gonna cut it in the NFL.

But I gues it would give him a reason to keep a lot of painkillers on hand.

Rush is not rascist , he has an ego the size of Uranius , but not not rascist..There are whole bunch of folks who was hooked on Oxycotins the same way Rush was , so go ahead and wave your flag , I am sure you will never find yourself in a situation you feel shame over. :rolleyes:

I won't defend Rush's bad decisions (I don't buy into the whole drug abuse is a disease, poor me crap), but I won't ridicule him for it either, so as long as your this big a **** to everyone who has had this struggle......funny joke <_< , otherwise not so much, and the unfounded racist characterization ........classic.

struggle? in limbaughs opinion people with the same struggle as him should have been shipped up the river. he deserves whatever criticism his hypocritical behind gets.

rush may not be racist but hes HELLA PREJUDICED and if you dont see that, then you probably are too.

You know why his balls should be busted? Because out of his own mouth he said drug abusers should be locked up. Don't sell me crap about his bad back because as rich as he is he could afford insurance to both see a doctor and to get them LEGALLY.. but he chose the criminal way. So if you or he could explain why with his situation he chose to obtain them ILLEGALLY, I will apologize to you AND him and put the man in my sig. Otherwise, screw him and his hypocricy of locking up drug abusers other than himself.

Rush is not rascist , he has an ego the size of Uranius , but not not rascist..There are whole bunch of folks who was hooked on Oxycotins the same way Rush was , so go ahead and wave your flag , I am sure you will never find yourself in a situation you feel shame over. :rolleyes:

Did you tell him the same thing when he said to lock up all the drug abusers? Or does your finger only point in one direction?

The Reagans would not be able to remember which play was sent in long enough to run it.

You know why his balls should be busted? Because out of his own mouth he said drug abusers should be locked up. Don't sell me crap about his bad back because as rich as he is he could afford insurance to both see a doctor and to get them LEGALLY.. but he chose the criminal way. So if you or he could explain why with his situation he chose to obtain them ILLEGALLY, I will apologize to you AND him and put the man in my sig. Otherwise, screw him and his hypocricy of locking up drug abusers other than himself.

I don't think you owe Limbaugh an apology, you're entitled to your opinion, and you sure as **** would not owe me one regardless of the circumstances. I thought it was a cheap shot and an unfunny joke about an unfunny subject,that said, its not as though I'm not offended by it, it was what it was. I was speaking to the fact that unless you show such callous disregard for all people with drug issues, that you'll find all the hypocrisy you can stomach in the mirror, no need to look in Rush's direction for it.

struggle? in limbaughs opinion people with the same struggle as him should have been shipped up the river. he deserves whatever criticism his hypocritical behind gets.

rush may not be racist but hes HELLA PREJUDICED and if you dont see that, then you probably are too.

Outstanding deduction there Columbo, if I do not see things in the same way you do, I must be prejudiced. Seems as though you shined the spotlight of your own prejudices on your hypocritical behind.

I don't think you owe Limbaugh an apology, you're entitled to your opinion, and you sure as **** would not owe me one regardless of the circumstances. I thought it was a cheap shot and an unfunny joke about an unfunny subject,that said, its not as though I'm not offended by it, it was what it was. I was speaking to the fact that unless you show such callous disregard for all people with drug issues, that you'll find all the hypocrisy you can stomach in the mirror, no need to look in Rush's direction for it.

I'm not holding Rush' drug use against him..It's his hypocricy I'm calling out. I could not care less what people do with their own bodies, but when you want to call them out like he did and then do the same thing yourself..screw it. you get what you deserve. The only difference in Rush and the people he said should be locked up is that his celebrity keeps him out of jail. You proved my point when you wondered if I show callous disregard for all drug users.. No I don't. I never said they all should be locked up..but Rush did. So why is it that he never volunteered himself for some lockup? Why is his excuse valid but everyone else is just criminals that should be locked up? What are you not getting here, Bob?

You say you don't defend him but you seem very willing to do just that. If what Rush said was true...shouldn't he be locked up, too?

I'm not holding Rush' drug use against him..It's his hypocricy I'm calling out. I could not care less what people do with their own bodies, but when you want to call them out like he did and then do the same thing yourself..screw it. you get what you deserve. The only difference in Rush and the people he said should be locked up is that his celebrity keeps him out of jail. You proved my point when you wondered if I show callous disregard for all drug users.. No I don't. I never said they all should be locked up..but Rush did. So why is it that he never volunteered himself for some lockup? Why is his excuse valid but everyone else is just criminals that should be locked up? What are you not getting here, Bob?

You say you don't defend him but you seem very willing to do just that. If what Rush said was true...shouldn't he be locked up, too?

Its of small consequence, but when you said "But I gues it would give him a reason to keep a lot of painkillers on hand." that sounded like a shot at his drug use, not the hypocrisy of his past statements, it makes much more sense in the context you explain it in now, so there we are. As for if Rush should have been locked up, as I recall (and I may be wrong) I seem to remember a plea bargain for reduced charges, happens all the time, so no, he should not have been locked up.

Its of small consequence, but when you said "But I gues it would give him a reason to keep a lot of painkillers on hand." that sounded like a shot at his drug use, not the hypocrisy of his past statements, it makes much more sense in the context you explain it in now, so there we are. As for if Rush should have been locked up, as I recall (and I may be wrong) I seem to remember a plea bargain for reduced charges, happens all the time, so no, he should not have been locked up.

No , it wasn't a direct shot at his drug use, it's just that in this case his drug use was what made him a hypocrite. Had he never said what he did,he can do drugs by the fifty gallon drum for all I care.As long as he hurts only himself.

its not that he was hooked on them.........its the fact he repeatedly bashed people who were hooked on things and constantly said things like "lock them up and throw away the key" and the like.........yetwhen he was found out to bea pill popper he wanted "understanding for him and his family"

there isa word for a-holes like him and it fits him and alot of his fellow people on the radio......... HYPOCRITE

Outstanding deduction there Columbo, if I do not see things in the same way you do, I must be prejudiced. Seems as though you shined the spotlight of your own prejudices on your hypocritical behind.

:lol:

bwahahahaaa!!!!!! ok there buddy. put your captain save a host cape away now. if the shoe fits buy a matching shirt there partner.

Hmm, I guess you've accomplished more than say Rush? He is a Legend in his own times. He is the most influential media star going on 2 decades and he has the most listeners then any other before him. Oh yea. He's wildly successful, dines with Presidents, flies his own Plane and owes NO ONE. But, you're much better and Ted Kennedy as well.

I bet you could tell us what he ate for dinner last night without seeing him eat or asking him what it was.