Worst thing to happen to this franchise?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

sorry guys this was suppossed to be a multiple choice post but because i included "jigga donkey being born" it got deleted but id like some feedback as a 15 year falcon fan.....

worst thing to happen...

1. Rich Mckay becomes GM

2. Dan Reeves fired

3. Blank gives Vick $130 million

4. Terrible Character players like MeAngelo

5. Bobby Quitrino

sorry guys this was suppossed to be a multiple choice post but because i included "jigga donkey being born" it got deleted but id like some feedback as a 15 year falcon fan.....

worst thing to happen...

1. Rich Mckay becomes GM

2. Dan Reeves fired

5. Bobby Quitrino

1. Firing of Dan Reeves

2. The Vick Thing...... :angry:

3. The Petrino Thing..... :blink:

Amazing how a guy that lost more than he won is so revered - 1998 was a great year but after that he couldn't even come close <_< - the NFL had long passed him by. 5 losing seasons out 7 as the Falcons Coach - before that from 1990-1996 3 losing seasons with 1 8-8 season out of 7 - a total of 8 losing season out of 14 - it was long time for him to go.

You have chosen to ignore all posts from: Jigga Donkey.

· View this post

· Un-ignore Jigga Donkey

Him joining this MB.

Best thing to happen to this franchise?

You have chosen to ignore all posts from: Jigga Donkey.

· View this post

· Un-ignore Jigga Donkey

The ignore feature.

Cool, so how do i igonre jigga donkeys post i would love to know this, im just sorry his mom doesnt have this same ignore feature that we do!

Amazing how a guy that lost more than he won is so revered - 1998 was a great year but after that he couldn't even come close <_< - the NFL had long passed him by. 5 losing seasons out 7 as the Falcons Coach - before that from 1990-1996 3 losing seasons with 1 8-8 season out of 7 - a total of 8 losing season out of 14 - it was long time for him to go.

Yeah he had some bad years but I think they let him go too soon. The team was starting to really play well under him. It seemed like he building an offense that Vick could be succesful in instead of putting him in one that doesn't suit him (Mora/Knapp). 2004's deep playoff run was done by pretty much the team Reeves built. Every year that Mora made the team more his own it got worse and worse.

the ignore feature is pretty pointless. cuase you still see when he posts, u jost chose not to read it, anyone can do this on thier own....and usually when he posts i click to see what he wrote....lol

anyway, Jigga Donkey is just your typical troll....i guess he's a bucsfan, and wants to come mess with us since were down right now...as soon as the bucs tank this year, like they typically do after a good season, he wont be around very much

the ignore feature is pretty pointless. cuase you still see when he posts, u jost chose not to read it, anyone can do this on thier own....and usually when he posts i click to see what he wrote....lol

Amen, people who keep telling Jigga Donkey that he is on their ignore list in every thread is more annoying then Jigga Donkey.

1. he took the falcons to a 14-2 record (best ever) and our only super bowl 2. the players absolutely loved him, and you cant blame him for rankin smith surrounding him with no talent at all (jamal anderson set NFL records under reeves, and he is no pro bowler ordinarily) 3. the biggest atrocity was that reeves never got to work with vick. vick had his best passing numbers under reeves as did chandler, and then vick got hurt early in '02 and the falcons had to use Doug Johnson that year went 5-11 and Reeves was canned, any coach that could go 5-11 with DOUG JOHNSON doesnt suck, he could have won 10-11 games with the way vick was progressing under him, but oh well, thats the falcons management for you

You could say several things but I'll go with hiring Petrino.

Vick was his own undoing and that was outside the control of the front office.

However, hiring Bobby Petrino was something the Falcons were in COMPLETE control of. There were no outside influences or factors in hiring Petrino.

That was ALL Blank and therefore EVERYTHING that has brought us here was Blank's fault because he hired the WRONG guy and it should have been OBVIOUS they messed up within a few weeks when Petirno started inter-acting with the players.

But instead of admitting it he kept pubically backing that moron and began to alienate their players.

Honestly, I would prefer it if Arthur Blank never talked to the Media again. He should take a note from the Steelers, Colts, and Giants. Let your GM do ALL the talking.

Blank should NEVER be involved in any more football decisions... like who to draft with the #3 pick. Don't tell me you seriously believe Blank had NO influence on that pick.

Do you remember how Blank kept telling you how good of a job Petirno was doing?

1. Eugene Robinson getting arrested for soliciting a prostitute the night before the SB

2. Phantom offsides call during the 1980 playoff game against the Cowboys.

3. Trading away Bret Farve

4. Signing Vick to that ludicrous contract.

5. Vick getting caught and being sent to prison for illegal dogfighting.

Trading away Bret Farve

thats a good one man that should have been my number one, in all honesty you cant predict the future though and I know several team execs with the falcons in 91 that said Favre was just a drunk country boy and they saw no future in him at all other than pounding whiskey and painkillers, so u cant really fault them based on his behavior back then

1. he took the falcons to a 14-2 record (best ever) and our only super bowl 2. the players absolutely loved him, and you cant blame him for rankin smith surrounding him with no talent at all (jamal anderson set NFL records under reeves, and he is no pro bowler ordinarily) 3. the biggest atrocity was that reeves never got to work with vick. vick had his best passing numbers under reeves as did chandler, and then vick got hurt early in '02 and the falcons had to use Doug Johnson that year went 5-11 and Reeves was canned, any coach that could go 5-11 with DOUG JOHNSON doesnt suck, he could have won 10-11 games with the way vick was progressing under him, but oh well, thats the falcons management for you

1) He took a 14-2 Super Bowl team and followed it up with a 4-12 - 5-11 - 7-9 seasons.

2)It's good the players loved him and the same no talent is what was on that 14-2 team - Reeves always built his team around 1 player and when that one player went down with injuries his teams suffered - Jamal Anderson (1999 & 2000) - Vick (2003)

3) I agree Vick's best passing year was 2002 under Reeves - No denying that - but once again not being able to produce a winning team when 1 key player went down with injury is what cost Reeves his job -- Oh and he quit after he was told up front that he wouldn't be retained - he was asked to stay and instead asked for immediate release. Doug Johnson went 1-7 as the QB for Atlanta (1-3 with Kittner) - Vick came back and we went 3-1 proving that it was 1 player that made the difference and the coach couldn't compensate when that 1 player went down.

worst thing to happen...

1. Rich Mckay becomes GM

2. Dan Reeves fired

5. Bobby Quitrino

vick

petrino