if we go 3-13, whats the mood on this message board gonna be like?

we you be pissed that you waited what felt like years for football to start only to see our team suck or do u have the mindframe that this is a rebuilding year, and its gonna take patience for this team to be elite?

me personally, im gonna be pissed. forget that rebuilding crap, it doesnt take a whole season for these guys to gel together, thats what ota's, minicamps, and practices are for. most of you old members who say it takes a year or two for a young team to become develop, i heard from matt ryan himself on v103 yesterday that it doesnt take that long. he said they are gelling alot quicker and he is becoming more and more comfortable with each practice. its not going to take a year or two as you people keep suggesting. stop looking at other teams were in the same predictiment we are in now. stop comparing our offensive line to the texans and the whole david carr. ill be happy with a 7-9 or better.

i heard from matt ryan himself on v103 yesterday that it doesnt take that long.

And Ryan knows this from his years of NFL experience?

Here's what will happen.... people will freak out.

Have you seen some of the W/L predictions lately? 9-7, 8-8, playoffs?

A lot of people have high expectations for next year. I don't know why but they do.

Oh and the more the losses pile on the worse it will get.

Crankthatbatman, if I had to guess I'd say you're in your 20's... For MANY of us, 3/8 after a 3/13 season wouldn't

be a catestrophic start. Disappointing, yes, but not a disaster. This team is young, and new to one another. There's

an entirely new coaching staff, with new schemes, etc. Expecting anything other than a rebuilding year would

be setting yourself up for disappointment. Mind you, I harbor *HOPE* we'll do well, and it seems like we have a fairly

light schedule this year as compared to some years in the past. I'm hoping for 7/9 or 8/8, and think it's not out of

reach. But, if the team finished 6/10, I'd say it was disappointing, but successful, especially after a 3/13 season

last year and NO offensive line.

B)

As it stands right now with where we are as a franchise my expectations are that we may not win more than a game this season BUT I do expect us to be better off a the end of this year than we were last season.

The reason I say that is because I think that we are laying our foundation and while we don't have all of the pieces in place yet we are getting back to basics and we are letting the players decide who is going to play rather than the contracts.

We had a great draft and without a doubt it's my favorite in the last 17 years.

Right now I don't think that we are a good team but I do expect us to have bright spots and something positive in every game this year but we have to be given some time to learn how to win, close out the games and go for the throat.

Crankthatbatman, if I had to guess I'd say you're in your 20's... For MANY of us, 3/8 after a 3/13 season wouldn't

be a catestrophic start. Disappointing, yes, but not a disaster. This team is young, and new to one another. There's

an entirely new coaching staff, with new schemes, etc. Expecting anything other than a rebuilding year would

be setting yourself up for disappointment. Mind you, I harbor *HOPE* we'll do well, and it seems like we have a fairly

light schedule this year as compared to some years in the past. I'm hoping for 7/9 or 8/8, and think it's not out of

reach. But, if the team finished 6/10, I'd say it was disappointing, but successful, especially after a 3/13 season

last year and NO offensive line.

B)

what is with you people and this no offensive line thing???i mean ****, u said it yourself...NEW SCHEME, NEW COACHES..you havent seen this line in action yet, so stop making judgements on something you havent seen. stop judging from the past, its not the same.

what is with you people and this no offensive line thing???i mean ****, u said it yourself...NEW SCHEME, NEW COACHES..you havent seen this line in action yet, so stop making judgements on something you havent seen. stop judging from the past, its not the same.

Uh oh, somehow he's going to try to link this to YKW.

I can just feel it.

(C'mon, bud. Don't let me down!)

And Ryan knows this from his years of NFL experience?

Here's what will happen.... people will freak out.

Have you seen some of the W/L predictions lately? 9-7, 8-8, playoffs?

A lot of people have high expectations for next year. I don't know why but they do.

Oh and the more the losses pile on the worse it will get.

I will agree with you. The expectations do seem to be very high. I think you should really only expect them to do better than the last year. If that means its the last game of the year and if they win they top last years season then people should be there supporter their team until the end. The way you build a strong fan base and make the players want to work hard is if they see their fans not giving up. If you have your fans there screaming their heads off the last game that doesn't mean any thing it inspires guys. It lets them know people are behind them and want to see their success. So lets forget the playoffs and just focus on one game at a time like its the last.

It's not so much the record as the attitude and progress that determine how I feel at this point. I can be OK with 3-13 if I see some nice development in young players and coaches.

I second that. I really don't care if we make the playoffs or not. I want to see us develop a culture of winning. That's what's ben killing us all these years. We develop a culture of winning, and it will inevitably show on the field. I'll say playoffs in the '09 or '10 season. I'm cool with that.

Dude after last year I don't give a hoot how many games they win, as long as they are playing their hearts out, and the coaches are calling good plays and making adjustments after the half. We haven't seen good offensive play calling or game planning since Reeves was the head coach.

I will be watching that more intensely than anything. Knapp never could make adjustments after the half, and showed NO creativity in his play calling. He was totally predictable. Quitrino knew as much about running an offense as I do. He never used Ovie at all, and had our only big running back, Jason Snelling on the practice squad. He always ran Dunn up the middle on the goal line. The list goes on and on about our offensive coaching - it simply has sucked.

I just wanna see MAX effort and smart football