non event

delaigle

With no NFL europe players and only one international player, the starting roster is limited to 80. After the 3rd preseason game the first cuts reduces the roster level to 75 and then after the 4th game the 2nd cut really reduces it ti 53.

The 1 cut from 80 to 75 becomes non event especially when the Falcons are only at 79 now. Of course they could cut deeper at the 1st cut be thaey do not have to.

My point-- Why even have the 1st cut if it only cuts 5 players as a minimum requirement??

Well I think in the process of getting down to the playing roster, they try to ensure there are enough camp bodies to enable practice .

That is the only reason I can se.

At that point (the first cut to 75), they probably already have decided who's going to the PS. This 5 (or 4) that are cut outright will be the ones that most likely won't make the team, and possibly don't qualify for the PS. It gives other teams a chance to pick them up if they want. Kickers come to mind first.

When they have to get down to 53, you figure they will resign 7 guys to the PS (I'm not sure if Kinoshita counts against that number), so in effect there are 15 who get the final boot. Of course, they are probably only an injury away from being brought back.

Well I think in the process of getting down to the playing roster, they try to ensure there are enough camp bodies to enable practice .

That is the only reason I can se.

They ptsctice all season 17 weeks with the 53 man roster plus 8 PS players +Kinoshito