who will be the odd man out at reciever?

jes2400

We have several recievers on the roster including Roddy White,Michael Jenkins,Joe Horn,Lorent Robinson,Bryan Finneran,Adam Jennings,Harry Douglas,and Noriaki Kinoshita.Normally ateam keeps 5 to 6 wr's on the active roster.Who do you think will be the odd men out?I think it will be Joe Horn and Noriaki Kinoshita(did I spell his name right?),which would be kind of sad becuase Kinoshita is fun to watch.However,if Jenkins doesn't improve his job could be in trouble.I think Finneran will make it if his leg holds up,which so far appears it has.He's a good solid reciever,especially on 3rd down,so I don't think He'll be cut.If Ryan is our starting QB, you want good solid players around him and Finneran is a good saftey net.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Finn's a goner and so is Kinoshita. Jenkins has nothing to worry about if the fans aren't picking the players. His plus plays still outnumber his (very obvious) bad ones. Jennings offers absolutely nothing. I'd like to see Horn stay with the team, but he's actually been classy for the most part about wanting to depart. He deserves to be let go if he's going to be our #5 receiver and I'll wish him well.

We have several recievers on the roster including Roddy White,Michael Jenkins,Joe Horn,Lorent Robinson,Bryan Finneran,Adam Jennings,Harry Douglas,and Noriaki Kinoshita.Normally ateam keeps 5 to 6 wr's on the active roster.Who do you think will be the odd men out?I think it will be Joe Horn and Noriaki Kinoshita(did I spell his name right?),which would be kind of sad becuase Kinoshita is fun to watch.However,if Jenkins doesn't improve his job could be in trouble.I think Finneran will make it if his leg holds up,which so far appears it has.He's a good solid reciever,especially on 3rd down,so I don't think He'll be cut.If Ryan is our starting QB, you want good solid players around him and Finneran is a good saftey net.

Roddy White #1 WR

Laurent Robinson #2 WR

Harry Douglas - slot WR

Michael Jenkins - redzone WR

on the bubble (both probably make it):

Brian Finneran - if he does not show well or gets hurt - he's gone - otherwise he makes it

Adam Jennings - he makes it because of PR/KR duties - I don't know why - he sucks at both

gone:

Joe Horn - simply put, he's done........

Noriaka Kinoshita - doubtful that he's talented enough

i dont know y ppl think jenkins is on thin ice. i dont think he is. hes a decent player, just not a good one.

if team keeps 5 i woudl say lets say good bye to kino, finneran, and jennings

if 6 i think we keep finneran instead of jennigns. only reason jennings would make the team instead of finneran is if smitty wants jennings for PR/KR. if that is not a factor, i think we got plenty of speed in white, laurent, douglas, and jenkins making jennings expendable for the more experienced finneran.

Finn's a goner and so is Kinoshita. Jenkins has nothing to worry about if the fans aren't picking the players. His plus plays still outnumber his (very obvious) bad ones. Jennings offers absolutely nothing. I'd like to see Horn stay with the team, but he's actually been classy for the most part about wanting to depart. He deserves to be let go if he's going to be our #5 receiver and I'll wish him well.

I completely disagree about Horn. Every time a mic has been in front of his face he has talked about wanting a trade and the biggest part is he did not even study his play book he came to camp lost and have no idea what was going on that is not classy it is closer to a spoiled brat. I will not say that I disagree with him wanting out or that we should trade him, but classy it is not.

Roddy White #1 WR

Laurent Robinson #2 WR

Harry Douglas - slot WR

Brian Finneran - if he does not show well or gets hurt - he's gone - otherwise he makes it

Adam Jennings - he makes it because of PR/KR duties - I don't know why - he sucks at both

gone:

Agreed. Especially if we keep 6 WRs.

Finneran has to be head and shoulders above Jennings as a WR to beat out in a 5 WR deep roster, because Jennings can contribute more on special teams.

IMO I think Douglas will catch more balls than Jenkins this year.

Roddy White #1 WR

Laurent Robinson #2 WR

Harry Douglas - slot WR

gone:

And what happens to Eric Weems and Chandler Williams ???. Kinoshito will be on the practice squad without counting against the 8 man limit.

horn, jennings, kino, and jenkins should be the ones to go. its a no-brainer. Jenkins should be gone already, he's a WR who cant catch the **** ball!

if finn was here to stay and his knee doesnt blow out again, id be fine with releasing jenkins, but id still like some insurance just in case we lose one tall redzone target

My hope is that we keep these guys if we go 5:

Roddy

Lorent

Harry

Finn

Jenkins

And if we go 6:

Roddy

Lorent

Harry

Finn

Jenkins