Anyone buy or listened to the new Candlebox CD?

Headshot

I've seen Candlebox live more times than bands I actually like, as they managed to tour with Rush, and got themselves in with Van Halen and Skid Row. I would assume they've learned a little hard-edge, but I wouldn't give them a definite nod until I'd heard at least two songs from the new disc.

BTW, they sounded pretty good live (twelve years ago!!! :D )

I saw them live when they opened for Godsmack. I was never a huge Candlebox fan, but they've got some great songs like Blossom, Sometimes, and who doesn't like Far Behind?

But yeah, they seem a little more "hard-edge" at least this one song from their new CD

I was never a huge Candlebox fan, but they've got some great songs like Blossom, Sometimes, and who doesn't like Far Behind?

But yeah, they seem a little more "hard-edge" at least this one song from their new CD

HEY, AWESOME!! THANKS FOR THE LINK!!! I haven't heard Candlebox in a LOOONG time, and that was pretty good!!! Caveat... It is for a movie soundtrack, and bands usually pull out all the stops for big exposure. My advice would be to wait for at least one more single, but that one sure sounded like classic Candlebox with an edge.

Man... I bet Godsmack kicked yer F'N teeth in!!! :o

HEY, AWESOME!! THANKS FOR THE LINK!!! I haven't heard Candlebox in a LOOONG time, and that was pretty good!!! Caveat... It is for a movie soundtrack, and bands usually pull out all the stops for big exposure. My advice would be to wait for at least one more single, but that one sure sounded like classic Candlebox with an edge.

Man... I bet Godsmack kicked yer F'N teeth in!!! :o

Godsmack puts on one of the most amazing live shows I have ever seen, and Sully Erna is a badass lead singer and one of the best drummers I have ever heard. That dude can pound the **** out of some drums.

Godsmack puts on one of the most amazing live shows I have ever seen, and Sully Erna is a badass lead singer and one of the best drummers I have ever heard. That dude can pound the **** out of some drums.

Confession... I popped Tool's "Opiate" into the truck on my way to/from work today... LOVE the band...HATE the lyrics. Man, I wish Maynard did not have such a hatred for the Savior. Why are the BEST bands so down on Christ???? Slayer, Tool...every time I try to listen, the words just pierce my heart... Can't stand it for too long, but I LOVE the music. *SIGH*

Well, I'm very anti-religion, so I love the lyrics, but it's funny you should mention that because I've got a friend that's the same way.

He's always telling me how badass he thinks Tool is instrumentally but says that he can't really get into them because he feels like he's supporting blasphemy by listening to it.

Well, I'm very anti-religion, so I love the lyrics, but it's funny you should mention that because I've got a friend that's the same way.

He's always telling me how badass he thinks Tool is instrumentally but says that he can't really get into them because he feels like he's supporting blasphemy by listening to it.

Ehh, what can I say?? I have no defense. Your friend and I have the same opinion. Most music does not convict my soul. Tool does. Slayer does. Iron Maiden's "Number of the Beast" does. I just can't fully enjoy them. Guilty pleasures.