Brent Grimes

atljbo

Do you guys think Brent Grimes will turn out to be a hidden gem...... Dude seem made athletic and is a good cover guy.... He is also just 5'9 177lbs so think about him going up against a 6'4 guy..... Us playing a cover 2 Defense should help him out (the deep jumpballs)

But what do you guys think about Brent Grimes.

610x.jpg

800px-Brent_Grimes-Hamburg_Sea_Devils.jpg

I think he'll be a hidden gem. He's certainly got the heads of the whole MB turning...there are quite a few threads about him. How many threads were there about him last year? How many people were even aware he was on the team last year? Probably a handful. Last year it was all Lewis Sanders and DeAngelo Hall. Now its all about Chris Houston and Brent Grimes.

All of his teammates that get interviewed seem to very impressed with this kid. I cant wait him to just reek havoc for QBs with his quickness and the boy is just athletic. look at his pics and you can just see the body control he has. he might not be the biggest CB but he will get in front of you and make a WR look like he isnt trying hard enough. Lets go Grimes! I think we got soild DBs, we just gotta stay healthy we dont have enough depth(quality depth) to take on too many injuries.

i like Brent Grimes but his lack of hight and bulk will hurt him unless we have a mean pass rush...... Grimes should check other teams number 2 WR and thats normally the tall possession WR..... Those guys are normally 6'2 and up

Not trying to scare yall bout look at these are the #2 WR Brent Grimes will face

Lions: 6'5 235lbs Calvin Johnson

Bucs: 6'4 225lbs Michael Clayton

Chiefs: 6'1 215lbs Devard Darling

Panthers: 6'2 208lbs D.J. Hackett

Like i said.... i like brent grimes alot but i have never seen a 5'9 an thin cover 2 CB

yall are really jumpin to conclusions a little bit to fast on brent grimes. he hasnt played a good game since hes been in a falcons uniform, so why is he all of a sudden a great corner now? wow, i mean we get rid of a great corner in dhall, now look what we have to turn to. another allen rossum.

dhall was not great, he was good at times bad at others. never GREAT.

and people are a bit premature on grimes, but its call optimism.

dhall was the best corner we had in a long time. now we are back to square one again. im hoping chevis jackson can become that next good corner along with houston.

the best we had doesnt make him great, the falcons franchise has obviously lacked quality players at a lot of positions in recent history.

and we are back to square one, minus a player who didnt want to be apart of this team

the best we had doesnt make him great, the falcons franchise has obviously lacked quality players at a lot of positions in recent history.

and we are back to square one, minus a player who didnt want to be apart of this team

i really dont know where you people get your information from, but if you read the reasons that lead up to hall sayin he didnt want to be here anymore, then u would understand..HE SAID I DONT WANT TO BE APART OF A LOOSING TEAM...meaning, that he refused for the falcons to be a loosing team and would do everything not to make this team a loosing team, not meaning the falcons were a loosing team. thats just the way this board is, you hear what u want to hear which is not the truth, then bring it to this board, and everyone takes it and put they 2 cents into it and run with it.

Where are they thinking about playing him? As the #1 corner or #2?

And here's something to think about. Houston is a man corner and has struggled in zone coverage. Jackson is a zone corner that supposedly doesn't have the speed for man coverage.

So if we have these guys as starting corners we either need to run a combo coverage or one of the corners will always be at a disadvantage.

Houston and Grimes might be the better options but his height concerns me.

i really dont know where you people get your information from, but if you read the reasons that lead up to hall sayin he didnt want to be here anymore, then u would understand..HE SAID I DONT WANT TO BE APART OF A LOOSING TEAM...meaning, that he refused for the falcons to be a loosing team and would do everything not to make this team a loosing team, not meaning the falcons were a loosing team. thats just the way this board is, you hear what u want to hear which is not the truth, then bring it to this board, and everyone takes it and put they 2 cents into it and run with it.

you think anyone wants to be on a losing team? NO ONE DOES but if everyone was like dhall and asked to be traded and gone from a team with a losing record then i guess that would cut out half of the nfl teams, but the those left would have to end up losers too because there can only be one winner each game.. and you see how that cycle goes?

no one wants to be apart of a losing team but how bout you try to make the team better instead of complaining and going to the RAIDERS who last time i checked werent exactly dominating the league.

Houston and Grimes might be the better options but his height concerns me.

Me, too, which is probably why he's so physical when he plays.

From what I'm hearing, he has to body up alot and knock the receiver off his route to be effective. It sounds as if the coaching staff like what they're seeing.

So he bolts to a Team with a losing record(Raiders)??..... :lol::lol::lol: Listen to yourself defend a Deion wanna be... :lol:

i like Brent Grimes but his lack of hight and bulk will hurt him unless we have a mean pass rush...... Grimes should check other teams number 2 WR and thats normally the tall possession WR..... Those guys are normally 6'2 and up

Not trying to scare yall bout look at these are the #2 WR Brent Grimes will face

Lions: 6'5 235lbs Calvin Johnson

Bucs: 6'4 225lbs Michael Clayton

Chiefs: 6'1 215lbs Devard Darling

Panthers: 6'2 208lbs D.J. Hackett

Like i said.... i like brent grimes alot but i have never seen a 5'9 an thin cover 2 CB

Ronde Barber is 5'10 and if you look around the league there are several 5-10 CB's that play on cover 2 teams.

you think anyone wants to be on a losing team? NO ONE DOES but if everyone was like dhall and asked to be traded and gone from a team with a losing record then i guess that would cut out half of the nfl teams, but the those left would have to end up losers too because there can only be one winner each game.. and you see how that cycle goes?

no one wants to be apart of a losing team but how bout you try to make the team better instead of complaining and going to the RAIDERS who last time i checked werent exactly dominating the league.

they have a better defense then we do..

So he bolts to a Team with a losing record(Raiders)??..... :lol::lol::lol: Listen to yourself defend a Deion wanna be... :lol:

im not defending him in that manner. i just hate when people twist up stories and say he said he didnt want to be here. he said he wanted to be a falcon for life plenty of times. the only time he had a bad game was in carolina. i bet no one is holding him against goin off on petrino now.