Notes From Wedensday Training Camp

formul8or

Today I think was the first full contract practice, and it was a long practice: Last time I went to training camp on Sunday I saw special teams the whole time, but today I got a glimpse of everything:

- Redman is head and shoulders above the other QB's, it's not even close, I'd put Harrington as the second best performance of the day, Matt Ryan started off shaky but looked good towards the end, DJ was overthrowing every other play

- Turner was tough for the defense to take down, he bounced off a lot of guys

- The o-line collapsed a lot, we would've taken a lot of sacks on offense

- Eric Coleman made two impressive INT's, I liked what I saw all day

- Adam Jennings does indeed go all out at practice, too bad when it's gametime that goes away

- Fight! Almost...Boley and Hartsock locked up for a little bit but finally let go before any swings or anything got worse

- They did run some plays where both Turner and Norwood were in the backfield together

- They really, really stressed our RB's catching the ball throughout the day and worked on that a lot

- It was good to see Grady again, I made sure to tell him it was good to have him back

- Finneran still has his sure hands, Jenkins made some good plays as well

- They did a lot of yelling at Lofton, understandable, they want him to be a leader on defense

Autographs for today: Grady Jackson, Roddy White, Ovie Mughelli, Brian Finneran, and Jamaal Anderson

EDIT:

I had an interesting conversation with an older fellow beside me...

Guy: Is Harrington still on the team?

Me: Yeah #13

Guy: Good, good, GOOD! I can't believe they pulled him after he won, what 5 games in a row?

Me: .....yeeeep

Today I think was the first full contract practice, and it was a long practice: Last time I went to training camp on Sunday I saw special teams the whole time, but today I got a glimpse of everything:

- Redman is head and shoulders above the other QB's, it's not even close, I'd put Harrington as the second best performance of the day, Matt Ryan started off shaky but looked good towards the end, DJ was overthrowing every other play

- Adam Jennings does indeed go all out at practice, too bad when it's gametime that goes away

- Fight! Almost...Boley and Hartsock locked up for a little bit but finally let go before any swings or anything got worse

- They did run some plays where both Turner and Norwood were in the backfield together

- They really, really stressed our RB's catching the ball throughout the day and worked on that a lot

- It was good to see Grady again, I made sure to tell him it was good to have him back

- They did a lot of yelling at Lofton, understandable, they want him to be a leader on defense

Autographs for today: Grady Jackson, Roddy White, Ovie Mughelli, Brian Finneran, and Jamaal Anderson

Great report! Keep'em comin' B)

Nice summary and thanks for posting. Looks like the QB's performed about the same as they did when I saw them on Saturday morning.

Hard to figure out what's going through DJ's mind with his performances so far: he really needs to be stepping up and showing improvement and positive consistency. So far the only consistency he's showing is that he is consistently inconsistent.

It will be interesting to see how Finn handles the increased level of contact. Hopefully he's 100% able to take a hit and stay healthy, because we sure could use his height, hands and experience.

today was a real day?!?!? DANG i thought it was gonna be ST, and i cant make it tomorrow, since i got to deal with freakin Loan crap from Gstate. dang this is really sucking.

sucks to hear about DJ, but he will be better 2morrow.

I expected a special teams day too, and it started off that way but went into a pretty extensive practice. David Irons said on the radio that no one expected a full contact practice and they just kinda dropped that on em when they showed up on the field.

yo GA... I go to SCAD-ATL right down the street.. im moving to the A in september we'll have to hit up away games at jocks or something

wow you got into SCAD? my friend wanted to go there. i heard it was pretty hard to get in. I dont know if she got in, and didnt want to go, but she is going to LSU now.

I expected a special teams day too, and it started off that way but went into a pretty extensive practice. David Irons said on the radio that no one expected a full contact practice and they just kinda dropped that on em when they showed up on the field.

and i have to miss 2morrow pratice. MAn this Blows i really wanted to go. i borrowed a fold down chair with a cup holder from my friend, then i was gonna bring some falcon gear to get it signed. this really sucks.

Guy: Good, good, GOOD! I can't believe they pulled him after he won, what 5 games in a row?

The further removed we get from the '07 season, the better Harrington gets :blink:

wow you got into SCAD? my friend wanted to go there. i heard it was pretty hard to get in. I dont know if she got in, and didnt want to go, but she is going to LSU now.

Yeh.. im going there for game design.. its great... so in a year or two I'll get a job at EA Sports and fix madden, starting first by making everyone on the falcons a 99 overall... j/k.... but no I'd like to revamp the offseason activities in nextgen however...

Yeh.. im going there for game design.. its great... so in a year or two I'll get a job at EA Sports and fix madden, starting first by making everyone on the falcons a 99 overall... j/k.... but no I'd like to revamp the offseason activities in nextgen however...

thats cool bro. yea man we gotta chill. and Fixing Madden will be great. give me a copy of one, where the falcons are 99 overall.

EA is a company I'd ultimately like to get a marketing job with. Good luck with getting on with them, game designing seems pretty fun.

EDIT:

Thanks very much for the info. Would you say the d is ahead of the o right now, or vice versa?

That guy must have been in a time warp and thought Joey was still in Miami. Weird :wacko:

Thanks very much for the info. Would you say the d is ahead of the o right now, or vice versa?

That guy must have been in a time warp and thought Joey was still in Miami. Weird :wacko:

I'd say that just because the d-line is beat the o-line, but it was the first full contact practice, so they haven't really had any gel time. Lofton still needs some work too.

But our receivers are something to be excited about, and Turner like I said was good at bouncing off would-be tackles.