The greatness of Audioslave

Headshot

Chris Cornell IMO is probably the greatest lyricist of all time, and combines with the guys from Rage Against the Machine, they created one of the most unique and great sounds in rock history. They really could have become legendary. I'll hold out hope for an Audioslave reunion, even though it'll probably never happen.

The Shape Of Things To Come

Until We Fall

The Worm

Yesterday To Tomorrow

Heaven's Dead

Moth

Broken City

Sound Of A Gun

I Am The Highway

Like A Stone

What You Are

Bring 'Em Back Alive

Gasoline

With all due respect to Chris Cornell, I much prefer the re-united RATM. I was lucky enough to see them live a couple of months ago, and it was one of the absolutely best and most powerful concerts I've ever been to.

But I enjoy listening to Audioslave, too, at times.

With all due respect to Chris Cornell, I much prefer the re-united RATM. I was lucky enough to see them live a couple of months ago, and it was one of the absolutely best and most powerful concerts I've ever been to.

But I enjoy listening to Audioslave, too, at times.

Rage Against the Machine is one of my top 5 favorite bands of all time, but they just aren't on the same level as Audioslave.

Cornell is just awesome. I like everything he's ever done. For anyone who isnt familiar with Euphoria Morning, get acquainted with it.

Pillow of Your Bones was my favorite song from that CD.

Carry On released last year was also another really good solo CD from him.

Timbaland is producing Cornell's next CD, titled Scream.

I just saw Chris Cornell two weeks ago in Camden. He was great. He did all Audioslave and Soundgarden stuff.

That being said...Rage was never on my radar. Their lame overly-political stuff was like listening to AIDS. I did really like Audioslave, though. Cornell made them better. Side projects rarely work, but they really did it well.

Yeah, I like Rage themselves a lot better. But if I wanted to try a good album of Audioslave, which would it be? Got any ideas, Head?

Their debut self-titled album is their best one.

It's one of those CDs you can listen to without ever skipping a song. It's the best CD to come out in the past decade IMO.

Chris Cornell is great. When Audioslave was no more I was pissed.

The greatest band in the history of rock would be Cornell with the leftover remnants of Velvet Revolver. Now that would be a kick *** band!

Headshot, do you have Cornell's "Unplugged in Sweden"? One of my favorite recordings of all time.

Chris Cornell is great. When Audioslave was no more I was pissed.

The greatest band in the history of rock would be Cornell with the leftover remnants of Velvet Revolver. Now that would be a kick *** band!

Headshot, do you have Cornell's "Unplugged in Sweden"? One of my favorite recordings of all time.

Yep, many people say it's one of the greatest acoustic sets of all time. He's a truly phenomenal performer, and the greatest writer/singer of this generation. If only he could learn to get along with people.

Does the Unplugged album have "Big Dumb Sex" on it? Or Full On Kevins Mom?

Unfortunately no, I've always wanted to hear a more updated version of both of those songs.

This is the track list for Unplugged in Sweden.

Doesn't Remind Me (Audioslave)

Like a Stone (Audioslave)

Wide Awake (Audioslave)

Fell on Black Days (Soundgarden)

Be Yourself (Audioslave)

Billie Jean (Michael Jackson)

Original Fire (Audioslave)

Redemption Song (Bob Marley)

Peace, Love, and Understanding (Elvis Costello)

All Night Thing (Temple of the Dog)

Black Hole Sun (Soundgarden)

Call me a Dog (Temple of the Dog)

Thank You (Led Zeppelin)

Unfortunately no, I've always wanted to hear a more updated version of both of those songs.

This is the track list for Unplugged in Sweden.

Doesn't Remind Me (Audioslave)

Like a Stone (Audioslave)

Wide Awake (Audioslave)

Fell on Black Days (Soundgarden)

Be Yourself (Audioslave)

Billie Jean (Michael Jackson)

Original Fire (Audioslave)

Redemption Song (Bob Marley)

Peace, Love, and Understanding (Elvis Costello)

All Night Thing (Temple of the Dog)

Black Hole Sun (Soundgarden)

Call me a Dog (Temple of the Dog)

Thank You (Led Zeppelin)

I downloaded this one on your recommendation, good pick, incredible album.....thanks