Top 10 Losingest Sports Cities

phocis850

http://www.askmen.com/sports/fitness_top_t...tness_list.html

Number 3

1 championship in 124 years

The Braves won a record 14 straight division titles between 1991 and 2005, but clinched just one World Series in that span. Still, that success is the lone blip on Atlanta’s championship radar. The Falcons, Thrashers and Hawks have been skunked for nearly a century combined. The Hawks franchise did win the NBA title in 1957-58, but while they were located in St. Louis.

Guest genn0226
When a city’s crowning sports moment is winning a regular-season football game after Hurricane Katrina, it’s not a good sign

No comment. :mellow:

When a city’s crowning sports moment is winning a regular-season football game after Hurricane Katrina, it’s not a good sign
No comment. :mellow:

Well lets see, almost losing our team, our dome destroyed, our cities' infrastructure destroyed,

thousands died, reopening the dome on national TV against a storied rival. I could definitely

see the significance as that being the #1 defining moment to any city that went through all of that.

And I don't care if we had won 10 championships, it still would have trumped all others.

I'm just glad we won convincingly. ^_^

http://www.askmen.com/sports/fitness_top_t...tness_list.html

Number 3

1 championship in 124 years

The Braves won a record 14 straight division titles between 1991 and 2005, but clinched just one World Series in that span. Still, that success is the lone blip on Atlanta’s championship radar. The Falcons, Thrashers and Hawks have been skunked for nearly a century combined. The Hawks franchise did win the NBA title in 1957-58, but while they were located in St. Louis.

GREAT WAY TO CHEER UP THE ATLANTA FAN BASES. THIS DOESN'T

MEAN WE HAVE TO STAY THERE. AS FOR THE FALCONS ........ THIS IS

ABOUT TO CHANGE. WE'VE SELDOM HAD A GOOD OWNER, A GOOD GM,

A GOOD COACH AND A PROMISING YOUNG TEAM ...... ALL AT THE SAME TIME.

WATCH AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS!!

Well lets see, almost losing our team, our dome destroyed, our cities' infrastructure destroyed,

thousands died, reopening the dome on national TV against a storied rival. I could definitely

see the significance as that being the #1 defining moment to any city that went through all of that.

And I don't care if we had won 10 championships, it still would have trumped all others.

I'm just glad we won convincingly. ^_^

Why build a city below sealevel on the coast or live there?Have you ever heard of darwin?

N.O. 47 years "no champions" compared to Atl 124 yrs "1 champion?"

I would think we would have at least 1 by that amount of time too.

Let's play out the existing trend in NOLA five times the amount of activity that's happened so far...

5x47=235 years

5x0 title shots=0 championships

Laissez les bons temps rouler?