Chillz on ASG

Fanboy3000

Just heard a clip of a pre-recorded interview with Chillz that will air tomorrow at 8:20 on 790 the Zone. He talks about how ASG did NOT offer him any deals over the mid-level exception. He said they might just be saying that after the fact. Also noted that the ASG did not offer him more than any other NBA team. They told him to look for a sign and trade, and he found two teams that offered much more lucrative contracts as well as the potential to be a starter, on better teams too.

If the clip is any indication, it will be a scathing interview, though it didn't sound like he was just trying to be vindictive.

So sick of the Hawks management, and I'm now convinced we won't keep Smoove, and we'll have trouble getting any decent players in here.

:angry:

I don't understand why it's so hard for the Braves and Hawks to find a good owner who is willing to spend money. You would think with all the billionaires working in this city that one of them grew up a Braves or Hawks fan or maybe just wants to own a successful franchise.

I don't get why we constantly have corporations running those two teams.

You know I was almost intrigued with the Hawks for next season. I was just starting to actually follow how they were doing after they won the second game against the Celtics. I haven't cared anything about the Hawks since Mookie Blaylock was on the team and I watched them every chance I got when it was 'Nique, Tree, Spud, etc in the 80s. The ASG has completely screwed whatever interest I'd gained at the end of the playoff run last season.

You know I was almost intrigued with the Hawks for next season. I was just starting to actually follow how they were doing after they won the second game against the Celtics. I haven't cared anything about the Hawks since Mookie Blaylock was on the team and I watched them every chance I got when it was 'Nique, Tree, Spud, etc in the 80s. The ASG has completely screwed whatever interest I'd gained at the end of the playoff run last season.

I knew it was bad when they re-signed the cheapest coach in the league and scraped the bottom of the barrel for a GM. How can you show a commitment to win when you're not willing to start at the top?

I knew it was bad when they re-signed the cheapest coach in the league and scraped the bottom of the barrel for a GM. How can you show a commitment to win when you're not willing to start at the top?

All of a sudden people have turned on the ASG. Where are all of the people that supported them over Belkin? When I used to defend Belkin people would rake me over the coals but now it seems that it's the ASG and not Belkin that is really the cheap ones if anyone is.

As for scraping the bottom of the barrell for a GM and a coach who knows. I wont say that's what they did because if things come together and the Hawks have a winning season and make the playoffs would that opinion of them change?

Losing Childress is not a make or break for this team and as much as people want to act like it losing Smith wouldn't be either. I don't prefer to lose either but we can win still.

So far the Hawks have made two moves that I liked in Morris over Brown and Evans over Childress but as far as Smith goes it's time to make something happen. If he's going to be with us then we need to get him signed and it needs to happen very very soon.

All of a sudden people have turned on the ASG. Where are all of the people that supported them over Belkin? When I used to defend Belkin people would rake me over the coals but now it seems that it's the ASG and not Belkin that is really the cheap ones if anyone is.

As for scraping the bottom of the barrell for a GM and a coach who knows. I wont say that's what they did because if things come together and the Hawks have a winning season and make the playoffs would that opinion of them change?

Losing Childress is not a make or break for this team and as much as people want to act like it losing Smith wouldn't be either. I don't prefer to lose either but we can win still.

So far the Hawks have made two moves that I liked in Morris over Brown and Evans over Childress but as far as Smith goes it's time to make something happen. If he's going to be with us then we need to get him signed and it needs to happen very very soon.

First off, I will gladly say I was dead wrong on ASG and Belkin. I didn't think I'd ever say I'd rather have Belkin as the owner, but now I'm starting to think it.

We did scrape the bottom of the barrel. We had a chance to pick up a more proven coach, and we passed for same old same old. Yeah, it would change if we made the playoffs, but not if we back in again under .500.

Losing Childress isn't exactly the problem, it's the way we lost him. It's the fact that our two picks from that draft seem to be completely disenfranchised by ASG. That we developed two players, and now they want to leave.

And I like Chillz more than Evans. Definitely not the defender Evans is, but Chillz was so good without the ball, shot at a ridiculous clip and didn't need plays run for him to get offense.

Morris? I guess I'm happy we got a "big," but c'mon. This guy is just another scrub.

I agree with Morris, don't know about Evans yet.

Need to sign Smith ASAP.

First off, I will gladly say I was dead wrong on ASG and Belkin. I didn't think I'd ever say I'd rather have Belkin as the owner, but now I'm starting to think it.

We did scrape the bottom of the barrel. We had a chance to pick up a more proven coach, and we passed for same old same old. Yeah, it would change if we made the playoffs, but not if we back in again under .500.

Losing Childress isn't exactly the problem, it's the way we lost him. It's the fact that our two picks from that draft seem to be completely disenfranchised by ASG. That we developed two players, and now they want to leave.

And I like Chillz more than Evans. Definitely not the defender Evans is, but Chillz was so good without the ball, shot at a ridiculous clip and didn't need plays run for him to get offense.

Morris? I guess I'm happy we got a "big," but c'mon. This guy is just another scrub.

My problem back with the ASG and Belkin ordeal was the way it seemed like the ASG tried to villify Belkin by saying that he was cheap and he was messing up potential deals. Now don't get me wrong I don't know anything about Belkin really but I just got a bad feeling from the way the ASG handled that situation. They went public and tried to do harm to the mans character and Belkin didn't. Belkin just said that felt we were giving up too much for a FA but he never said he didn't want JJ here. Now Knights gone so maybe Belkin knew a bit about what he was talking about.

The more proven HC's have their flaws too otherwise they would still be with their old teams. One mans trash is another mans treasure. I'm not sold on Woodson but if JJ our team captain comes out immediately and says, "I want Woody back" then that has to say something about him.

Sund didn't really do anything he just signed him to a short term contract and Woodson seems to be on a short leash. If we don't improve on last season he's most likely gone. I don't have a real problem with that. Sund made a move without really upsetting either side.

I can see your point on the two picks. It's a bit discouraging when you lose your RFA to an overseas team. That's why I am wanting us to get something done with Smith and get it out from over our heads. Just make the deal already.

As for Chills I was saying the same thing last night about how good he is without the ball and his instincts were phenomenal. I'm going to miss Mr. Baseline for sure but we can go without him.

We had Morris in a couple of years ago and we lost him back to Kentucky so we have him back again and while he hasn't done much in his career he has the potential to make some things happen. He certainly has more upside than Kwame and I am so happy that we didn't give Brown the contract that the Pistons did. I don't even want Brown and his shoddy work ethic taking up a roster spot for free.

My problem back with the ASG and Belkin ordeal was the way it seemed like the ASG tried to villify Belkin by saying that he was cheap and he was messing up potential deals. Now don't get me wrong I don't know anything about Belkin really but I just got a bad feeling from the way the ASG handled that situation. They went public and tried to do harm to the mans character and Belkin didn't. Belkin just said that felt we were giving up too much for a FA but he never said he didn't want JJ here. Now Knights gone so maybe Belkin knew a bit about what he was talking about.

The more proven HC's have their flaws too otherwise they would still be with their old teams. One mans trash is another mans treasure. I'm not sold on Woodson but if JJ our team captain comes out immediately and says, "I want Woody back" then that has to say something about him.

Sund didn't really do anything he just signed him to a short term contract and Woodson seems to be on a short leash. If we don't improve on last season he's most likely gone. I don't have a real problem with that. Sund made a move without really upsetting either side.

I can see your point on the two picks. It's a bit discouraging when you lose your RFA to an overseas team. That's why I am wanting us to get something done with Smith and get it out from over our heads. Just make the deal already.

As for Chills I was saying the same thing last night about how good he is without the ball and his instincts were phenomenal. I'm going to miss Mr. Baseline for sure but we can go without him.

We had Morris in a couple of years ago and we lost him back to Kentucky so we have him back again and while he hasn't done much in his career he has the potential to make some things happen. He certainly has more upside than Kwame and I am so happy that we didn't give Brown the contract that the Pistons did. I don't even want Brown and his shoddy work ethic taking up a roster spot for free.

I think we agree on just about all of that. No doubt that Woodson's 2-year deal is really a "you better have a good year or you're gone" deal.

But if we don't re-sign Smith, and with the Chillz thing, it is going to make it that much harder to attract FA's to ATL. No one wants to go to an organization that doesn't look committed to winning.

I think we agree on just about all of that. No doubt that Woodson's 2-year deal is really a "you better have a good year or you're gone" deal.

But if we don't re-sign Smith, and with the Chillz thing, it is going to make it that much harder to attract FA's to ATL. No one wants to go to an organization that doesn't look committed to winning.

I still see your point.

I do believe we were close to signing Kenyon Martin when he was a FA but we lost him to Denver because he saw more upside there. We have the beginnings of something but we could indeed be sending a negative vibe back through the NBA about us.

I do wish that Sund or someone in the organization would say something some way to let us know what's going on.

I still see your point.

I do believe we were close to signing Kenyon Martin when he was a FA but we lost him to Denver because he saw more upside there. We have the beginnings of something but we could indeed be sending a negative vibe back through the NBA about us.

I do wish that Sund or someone in the organization would say something some way to let us know what's going on.

And you know it's bad when you can't attract athletes to play in the city they all love visiting and living in.

But I'm ok we lost out on Kenyon's huge *** contract.