Why some bash Obama, instead of praising McCain

I started off supporting Romney, every political post I made was to express what a great president I thought (and still think) he would be. The GOP saw it differently and nominated McCain ( sick0001.gif ) now I am stuck with a candidate whose values in many cases, I could not disagree with more, so there is no way in which I could honestly tout his policies? I'm not a strict party guy, I happen to agree far more with past candidates who have had an ( R ) after their names...simple as that. I think that McCain is the slightly less of the two evils (or clueless politician scumbags) in this election. He has no positions that I am wild about, but Obama has many that I vehemently disagree with. I cannot praise McCain for virtues that I do not believe he possesses, but I can call Obama on policies that I find abhorrent.

I would prefer McCain be elected instead of Obama, but that is like saying I prefer The Chicken Pox to Ebola, neither is good, but one is truly dangerous., I still would not proclaim the virtues of Chicken Pox, but I would taper that by pointing out the much worse effects of the Ebola Virus.

I know that most of you (the vast majority) couldn't care less about this one way or another, but a few people have slapped me around with this argument for several months and I think it is a valid criticism and I should finally answer it. Whether you agree or don't agree with my reasoning, there it is.

If people are going to talk about Barack cause of his name what do you think will happen to him? ;)

Honestly though I have heard a lot of good things about him and think he could make a good inroads to bipartisan politics.

If (when) he gets reelected in Louisiana he will have 6 years of executive experience to count on, he will only be 40, and he is a guy who can without doubt re energize the Republican Party. As bad as this election is, the next could be fantastic.

If people are going to talk about Barack cause of his name what do you think will happen to him? ;)

Honestly though I have heard a lot of good things about him and think he could make a good inroads to bipartisan politics.

Yea, he'll get crucified over his name, if he's Christian or Hindu, you know, ALL of the usual things! ;)

I started off supporting Romney, every political post I made was to express what a great president I thought (and still think) he would be. The GOP saw it differently and nominated McCain ( sick0001.gif ) now I am stuck with a candidate whose values in many cases, I could not disagree with more, so there is no way in which I could honestly tout his policies? I'm not a strict party guy, I happen to agree far more with past candidates who have had an ( R ) after their names...simple as that. I think that McCain is the slightly less of the two evils (or clueless politician scumbags) in this election. He has no positions that I am wild about, but Obama has many that I vehemently disagree with. I cannot praise McCain for virtues that I do not believe he possesses, but I can call Obama on policies that I find abhorrent.

I would prefer McCain be elected instead of Obama, but that is like saying I prefer The Chicken Pox to Ebola, neither is good, but one is truly dangerous., I still would not proclaim the virtues of Chicken Pox, but I would taper that by pointing out the much worse effects of the Ebola Virus.

I know that most of you (the vast majority) couldn't care less about this one way or another, but a few people have slapped me around with this argument for several months and I think it is a valid criticism and I should finally answer it. Whether you agree or don't agree with my reasoning, there it is.

Have to say I agree. I feel there is no good candidate from either major party. Once again, I'll have to vote Libertarian though Bob leaves a lot to be desired with me.

Yea, he'll get crucified over his name, if he's Christian or Hindu, you know, ALL of the usual things! ;)

Yeah he actually converted to Catholicism (sp?) sometime when he was younger if I remember correctly. Not sure how that will play since he was Hindu.

I'll just say if he comes to prominence I would hate for people to use that just like I hate people trying to say Obama was Muslim. I don't think it has a place personally.

What positives?
There are plenty of positives to both candidates.

The negativity and cynicism here is just ridiculous. Here we are in one the the greatest nations on Earth, at one of the greatest times to be alive, and all some of you can do is act like we're living in ****.

It's not a very convincing stance.

I'll say this about the election. If I had my way, we would be seeing a libertarian-esque candidate in like Ron Paul or Bob Barr (although Im not a huge Barr fan personally).

But between McCain and Obama I'll take Obama every time. I just hate McCain. Stupid immigration policy, stupid foreign policy, not a fan of lots of his economic policies, and I truthfully don't think he can physically or mentally hold office for 4 years. Not to mention I really don't trust that he will do anything he seeks out to do. The guy has gone from far right to neoconservative to moderate to almost left leaning and all the way back. After we saw Bush go all neoconservative on us I can't help but fearing McCain would do the same.

Obama is obviously more left leaning than Id like, but he at least has a couple things going for him. Less hawkish towards Iran, apparently very liked worldwide, a good youthful guy who is a really good public speaker, and I at least feel like he will actually do what he claims he is going to. Plus my taxes will go down.

Plus to be honest Obamas record impresses me way more. McCain finished 5th from last in his clas at Navy, served, then went into politics and has been there since. Obama graduated from Columbia, got his law degree from Harvard well placed in his class, held down some very respectable positions, and then went into congress. I guess maybe the fact that Bush barely graduated from Yale has made me put more emphasis on education.

There are plenty of positives to both candidates.

The negativity and cynicism here is just ridiculous. Here we are in one the the greatest nations on Earth, at one of the greatest times to be alive, and all some of you can do is act like we're living in ****.

It's not a very convincing stance.

im glad im not the only one who thinks this way. man its borderline depressing reading this garbage day after day after day.