A REAL FALCONS FAN

rugger8

About 4 months of mine a co worker of mine, who is 80 years old, was feeling sick before going on a cruise off the coast of Portugal. He went anyway, and became sicker over the course of the trip, and was hospitalized over seas. He lost consciousness and was on a ventilator- the whole 9. After a month or so, they got him stabilized and airlifted him back over here to the States, and has been in ICU for the last three months. About a week ago, he finally woke up, and one of the first things he was worried about was that he didn't think he would be ready to make it to the Dome Opener for the Falcons this year. He's been a season ticket holder since 1966, and I don't even know the last time he missed a game. He's got great seats. He took me once last year, since I'm one of the only other Falcons fans in the office- about half way up the lower level on the 50. The first call he made to the office- to another of the senior members of the firm- was asking about Falcons news and that one concern- that he wouldn't be able to get to the first game.

NOW THAT IS A FAN!

About 4 months of mine a co worker of mine, who is 80 years old, was feeling sick before going on a cruise off the coast of Portugal. He went anyway, and became sicker over the course of the trip, and was hospitalized over seas. He lost consciousness and was on a ventilator- the whole 9. After a month or so, they got him stabilized and airlifted him back over here to the States, and has been in ICU for the last three months. About a week ago, he finally woke up, and one of the first things he was worried about was that he didn't think he would be ready to make it to the Dome Opener for the Falcons this year. He's been a season ticket holder since 1964, and I don't even know the last time he missed a game. He's got great seats. He took me once last year, since I'm one of the only other Falcons fans in the office- about half way up the lower level on the 50. The first call he made to the office- to another of the senior members of the firm- was asking about Falcons news and that one concern- that he wouldn't be able to get to the first game.

NOW THAT IS A FAN!

I can see that happening to a real fan....Hope he gets well.

About 4 months of mine a co worker of mine, who is 80 years old, was feeling sick before going on a cruise off the coast of Portugal. He went anyway, and became sicker over the course of the trip, and was hospitalized over seas. He lost consciousness and was on a ventilator- the whole 9. After a month or so, they got him stabilized and airlifted him back over here to the States, and has been in ICU for the last three months. About a week ago, he finally woke up, and one of the first things he was worried about was that he didn't think he would be ready to make it to the Dome Opener for the Falcons this year. He's been a season ticket holder since 1964, and I don't even know the last time he missed a game. He's got great seats. He took me once last year, since I'm one of the only other Falcons fans in the office- about half way up the lower level on the 50. The first call he made to the office- to another of the senior members of the firm- was asking about Falcons news and that one concern- that he wouldn't be able to get to the first game.

NOW THAT IS A FAN!

Dang thats a FAN. i mean a season ticket holder 2 years before the falcons even become a team.

66...whatever... Since the first season. I thought it was 64 off the top of my head. Way to get the spirit of the story.

:lol: I get it bro. he is a real fan. i dont think any1 questioned the dudes fanhood. :huh: relax bro. he came out good. the guy is a fan, and he is a ran non fair weather fan, which is what we need.

NOW THAT IS A FAN!

Sorry the guy is sick. That is a great story of a long time Falcon fan.

We all should strive to be real fans like that. Love em for the moves they made or not...if you're a Falcon fan, get on the bus. If you were only here for "exciting QB play" I think you'll need to check out the Titans or something.

No kidding. He moved down here from NJ, and decided that if he was going to live in Atlanta, he was going to embrace the city, and support it in whatever way he could. Part of me thinks that if the Falcons win the Super Bowl, he'd die that Monday, happy, having had a complete life. I hope I'm that way when I'm 80... if I'm 80. :)

Now we get drifters who root for Dallas, or whatever team is en vogue.

He's starting rehab, and has a great family, and tons of friends. Actually his wife had to temporarily disconnect her phone, because they were getting too many calls about his welfare. I hope he gets well too, because he's a great guy, but if you can do the things you love- in his case following the Falcons, working and traveling- up to your last days- that's been a great life.

NOW THAT IS A FAN!

Hey, the guy has been a Falcon Fan for so long a little illness on a cruise is probably not the worst thing he has experienced.

What better way to find out that you didn't die than to resume your Falcon Fan status and once you realize we are still suffereing, you know for a fact that you didn't die!

What a neat story and a die hard reality check.

Heres to the old guy! Blank should furnish his season tickets and advertise his story, that is Falcon Faithful at it's best.

I remember seeing a feature on British TV about a couple who had been to every single falcons home game since 66. That was about 10 years ago (maybe more) and they must both have been at least 70 back then. It makes we wonder if this could even be the same guy. Ok, its unlikely, but there can't be very many who have been STH's for that long...