How much better does the defense become with Grady back?

ol'_dirty2

I hear a lot of people saying Grady won't be here but a year or two and that he's not an everydown player. Both are true, but doesn't his presence create more problems for other teams than we would have without him? My personal opinion is that , although we are planning for the future with this team, Grady helps us right now and it is definitely the right move to have him back. Your thoughts?

Big Gravy oops.... :lol: I mean Big Grady back helps the DL tremendously. We only need him on run downs and he can help the younger DLinemen develop into better players. The locker room experience is just as important as on the field performance. Look what Horn did for Roddy lastyear.

Big Gravy oops.... :lol: I mean Big Grady back helps the DL tremendously. We only need him on run downs and he can help the younger DLinemen develop into better players. The locker room experience is just as important as on the field performance. Look what Horn did for Roddy lastyear.

Good point ^_^

He is not only a "run stuffer", but he gets in the backfield too. He led the league in tackles for loss two years ago.

I was waiting for someone to bring that back to the forefront. It seems like some people quickly forget how disruptive the big guy can be.

Not much, he's old, fat, and won't play every down. Teams will easily handle the tub of lard, the guy is on his last leg. This is a depserate move by a desperate team.

Everything after your first sentence is probably wrong. But I did ask for your thoughts. I won't count off for incorrect answers...this time!!! :lol:

Grady helps TREMENDOUSLY! I think Abraham will get at least 12 sacks with the added support.

13.5 sacks and Grady leads interior lineman with tackles for a loss. Good run D leads to more three and outs and long yardage situations for Abraham and company to tee off on. Grits Blitz 2008!!!

Leading the league in tackles for loss as a defensive tackle is usually not a good thing. That was part of his problem; he was more concerned with making Sportscenter and making the big play, than doing his job. And his job first and foremost is to keep Oline off of linebackers, which your not doing if you are in the backfield.

Leading the league in tackles for loss as a defensive tackle is usually not a good thing. That was part of his problem; he was more concerned with making Sportscenter and making the big play, than doing his job. And his job first and foremost is to keep Oline off of linebackers, which your not doing if you are in the backfield.

When he wasnt in the backfield, nobody was except Abe. Abe had 10 sacks, we didnt have another guy have more than 5 when Grady played. He was making plays and gambling because if he didnt it was a 7 to 15 yard gain almost everytime.

Brooking isnt physical enough to penetrate the backfield and Boley was the only LB that made stops at or near the LOS

Why was Brooking so happy to see him signed then? Serious question, not being a smart-***. From everything I've read, the linebackers the previous two years and this year told the press they were extrememly happy to see him signed.

i say it makes a ton of sense seeing that we needed someone thats dominant for a cover two.seeing as how we skipped on dorsey and we will need someone close to an albert haynsworth effort.especially when you dont have premiere cornors to cover anybody.

No pun intended ...... ;)

grady concerned with making sportscenter?