Training Camp

I didn't like reading about Baker's offsides. Yesterday they said he went offsides 2 plays in a row on the competition drill to see which unit would have to run. I'm glad he is going up against Abraham, though. Now is the time to work out any kinks and if Baker learns to handle Abraham he should be able to block any DE in the league. I would be jumpy too if I had to look into the eyes of that beast.

I didn't like reading about Baker's offsides. Yesterday they said he went offsides 2 plays in a row on the competition drill to see which unit would have to run. I'm glad he is going up against Abraham, though. Now is the time to work out any kinks and if Baker learns to handle Abraham he should be able to block any DE in the league. I would be jumpy too if I had to look into the eyes of that beast.

I think in the context the offsides were not that big of a deal.. Baker is still getting used to the speed difference between the NFL and college so he's bound to jump a few times in practice and in the Preseason. I think it shows he's firing off the ball, being aggressive/proactive and is anticipating the snap count which is a great thing to have in an O-lineman. I would imagine he is going through similar growing pains now that he went through when jumping from high school ball to college.. I know personally that the difference in speed is pretty big from HS to College I can't even imagine the jump to the NFL.

It's related to the position. Remember "Big" Bob Whitfield and all of the Offsides Penalties he use to get? -_-