3-4

atljbo

STEVE WYCHE asked grady jackson about the team playing a 3-4 D...... Grady said the Jags ran a 3-4 D some of the time last year also...

When we run a 3-4 D..... How will the front 7 look

..............................Jamaal Anderson..............Grady Jackson........... Montavious Stanley

John Abraham...............................Curtis Lofton.................Michael Boley.....................................Kroy Biermann

W will not run a permanent 3-4 D......... Just on certain plays..... If you can remember.... Last year the Coaching Staff had Abe dropping into coverage on some plays.........

Yeah I don't think it's a bad idea, I like when teams switch it up on some plays.

STEVE WYCHE asked grady jackson about the team playing a 3-4 D...... Grady said the Jags ran a 3-4 D some of the time last year also...

When we run a 3-4 D..... How will the front 7 look

..............................Jamaal Anderson..............Grady Jackson........... Montavious Stanley

John Abraham...............................Curtis Lofton.................Michael Boley.....................................Kroy Biermann

You didn't put Brooking in, or are you one of those "Brooking is a waste of our money and needs to retire" guys? No way that Biermann starts -- sp. teams and situational player this year, dude!

You didn't put Brooking in, or are you one of those "Brooking is a waste of our money and needs to retire" guys? No way that Biermann starts -- sp. teams and situational player this year, dude!

Naw.... i like Brooking.... THIS IS NOT A STARTING DEFENSE..... We are a 4-3 Defensive team......... We will just run a 3-4 sometimes bruh........ Calm Down

I think you put Moore or Moorehead on the nose, because the nose tackle usually gets double teamed, usually taking the NT out of the play.

Then whichever isnt on the nose, you play at LE....

And then you take Grady Jackson and put him at Right End, why? Because OT's are not used to blocking big men of Jackson's size, strength and agility. Think of the mind job on the QB, knowing Jackson is on his blind side, heh.....

Then you take Lofton and Brooking, put them in the middle....

Then Boley and yeah, Abraham on the outside spots. Have Abraham blitz behind Grady Jackson playing RE, and then watch the QB REALLY sweat, heh....

Or bring Abraham from the LOLB spot so the QB is trying to look at both sides, Grady from one and Abe from the other.

I just wish we had the CBs to make this really work. Maybe they will develop, okay, but for now they are very young players.

I'm sure the falcons will use the 3-4 on some occasions, but reading the above, there are too many names being tossed around.

They will probably keep 9 DL only--- 4 of these 13 will be gone, then there is still what will happen with Trey Lewis

LDE J Anderson S. Fraser W Evans

NT Grady Jackson R. Moore M Stanley (Trey Lewis)

UT J Babineaux K. Moorehead T Anderson

RDE J Abraham C Davis Kroy Bierman Brandon Miller

So some of your 3-4 line-ups won't work because not all of you r players will be there.

OH, just so you know, this is NOT meant to be a depth chart

I really liked the cut and paste of the old board much better than this one it kept things lined up and color coded

I think you put Moore or Moorehead on the nose, because the nose tackle usually gets double teamed, usually taking the NT out of the play.

Then whichever isnt on the nose, you play at LE....

And then you take Grady Jackson and put him at Right End, why? Because OT's are not used to blocking big men of Jackson's size, strength and agility. Think of the mind job on the QB, knowing Jackson is on his blind side, heh.....

Then you take Lofton and Brooking, put them in the middle....

Then Boley and yeah, Abraham on the outside spots. Have Abraham blitz behind Grady Jackson playing RE, and then watch the QB REALLY sweat, heh....

Or bring Abraham from the LOLB spot so the QB is trying to look at both sides, Grady from one and Abe from the other.

I just wish we had the CBs to make this really work. Maybe they will develop, okay, but for now they are very young players.

Thats a great idea. Abe behind jackson is **** for anyone. Brooking can still play his normal role and I think Boley can handle his side as well

Babs, Moorehead, Jackson

Boley, Lofton, Brooking, Abe

The point of a 3-4 set is to absorb blockers to let the linebackers make plays, not for the linemen to be rushers. Jackson on the edge would be a waste of his ability. We don't know if Moore is strong enough to be a legitimate 3-4 nose tackle, but the fact that he wasn't effective as a NT on the 3-4 teams for which he played and WAS effective in a 4-3 set in Seattle would indicate that he's not.

I'd go:

Anderson---Jackson---Moorehead/Babineaux

Boley---Brooking---Lofton---Abraham

Abraham and Boley can both rush from a two-point stance and Brooking and Lofton give us plenty in the middle. You've got enough size on the defensive ends to occupy blockers, plus you have some pass rush ability there, too. If Biermann shows enough, maybe he could replace Boley outside and Boley could move inside instead of Lofton. Brooking has enough experience in both sets that he's too valuable not to have on the field.

It could work as a change-up set to keep the offense guessing. I hope we experiment with it some to see if it's viable.

Direwolf

Abe would get killed playing DE in a 3-4..... that would also take away his pass rushing skills

Abe has played OLB in the 3-4 Grady and R. Moore would rotate at NT. Brooking and Boley would be inside and Biermann would be the other OLB>