New Metallica album titled Death Magnetic

Headshot

In case the title of the upcoming Metallica album, Death Magnetic, had you confused, feel free to chase your tail. But not for too long. James Hetfield has heard your cries, seen your anguish, knows your pain. NME.com quotes Hetfield explaining the noun-adjective title for all those who don’t own a dictionary, or the internet, or a third-grade reading level: “Thinking about death...just like a magnet, some people are drawn towards it, [and] other people are afraid of it and push away."

You see, it’s not that hard. It’s like death, you know, what happens when you don’t live anymore, but, like, everywhere. It’s like the push and pull, you know, like a magnet. Like, you remember that time you chugged a gallon of milk on a triple-dog-dare,, then your little sister punched you in the gut? Death Magnetic is nothing like that.

Explaining the title in a way not directly influened by Cheech or Chong, Hetfield said, “The concept that we're all gonna die sometimes is over-talked about and then a lot of times never talked about - no one wants to bring it up; it's the big white elephant in the living room. But we all have to deal with it at some point." Oh snap! This is like when Nas try to title his album N***** minus the racial overtones. This has global overtones. Metallica just slapped the world in the face: Yeah, ******, you’re all gonna die, deal with it. If the title is any indication, this album is going to be, well, let’s just hope Kirk Hammett solos more than Hetfield sings.

Yeah, here is the leaked track list for Death Magnetic, I posted it a couple of weeks ago, but for those who missed it:

1. Ewwwwwaaaaaa

2. Yeahhhhaaaaaa

3. Alriiiiightaaa

3. Oh yeaaaaaaya

4. Uh huuuuuhaaaaa

5. Okayyyyyyyyaaaaaa

6. Ewww yeaaaaayaaaaa

7. Come onnnnnnaaaaaa

8. Sing it with meeeeeeeyaaaa

9. Everybodyyyyyyyyaaaaaaa

Rumored Bonus track:

Boobsaaaaaa

Okay I have to be the devils advocate. Metallica should retire. Anything after the .....And justice for all album has been on the downward slide. Not to say Kill Em All wasnt an excellent metal album. They should have kept Dave.

You're not playing The Devil's Advocate, I don't know anyone who doesn't think they should go away.

Okay I have to be the devils advocate. Metallica should retire. Anything after the .....And justice for all album has been on the downward slide. Not to say Kill Em All wasnt an excellent metal album. They should have kept Dave.

Mustain was a whiny *****, but then again so are James and Lars.

But Kirk Hammet is a 10x better guitar player than Dave Mustain. Atleast imo.

Black Album was good, but yeah pretty much everything after that sucked accept for Garage Days and none of that was their stuff.

You're not playing The Devil's Advocate, I don't know anyone who doesn't think they should go away.

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

Not sure how anyone could take this band serious after they released that "Some Kind of Monster" DVD which revealed them all to be pretty **** girly. All the balls that the band had died when Cliff died.

i guess i fall in the same bracket as many others. i really wish they would do something that they are capable of. when they describe new albums, they always compare it to another.......and i usually fall for it. i'm actually looking forward to this since bob rock isnt involved. st. anger was absolutely horrid. i was surprised that they allowed it to be published.

i like the leaks of this cd, and will obviously buy it like i have done all their others. i just hope that i really like three songs off of it to make it worth my while lol.

Not sure how anyone could take this band serious after they released that "Some Kind of Monster" DVD which revealed them all to be pretty **** girly. All the balls that the band had died when Cliff died.

Yep. Nothing like watching a bunch of whiney millionaires trying to get in touch with their feelings.THAT is so rock n roll.

I just read something about this record recently. Supposedly, Rick Rubin is telling them to remove their heads from their behinds and get back to what they did before they got rich enough to stop being good. I doubt it'll have much of an impact, but we'll see. I didn't even need to see that movie to know how pathetic they have become. I've known that since about '89.

By the way, the track listings you guys posted earlier could just as easily be from any major hip-hop "artist" from the last 6 years.

I've liked every album Metallica has ever done with the exception of St. Anger. That thing sucked. My suggestions...

1. James, get back on the sauce. :P

2. Kirk and Lars, STFU and let James write the lyrics

I know people bang on load and reload but I enjoyed them. I hear people say 'that's not Metallica' and i just laugh. People get older, they change. I bet They don't have the same rage now like they did when they wrote 'kill em all.' Of course it's going to be different. Personally, I would rather see an artist take chances with their music instead of putting out the same crap all the time.

I've liked every album Metallica has ever done with the exception of St. Anger. That thing sucked. My suggestions...

1. James, get back on the sauce. :P

2. Kirk and Lars, STFU and let James write the lyrics

I know people bang on load and reload but I enjoyed them. I hear people say 'that's not Metallica' and i just laugh. People get older, they change. I bet They don't have the same rage now like they did when they wrote 'kill em all.' Of course it's going to be different. Personally, I would rather see an artist take chances with their music instead of putting out the same crap all the time.

Let James write the lyrics? That's one of the worst things about Metallica. James completely lost his ability to not only sing, but write as well. His voice is shot beyond repair. That "HULK SMASH!" style of singing is ridiculously ********, and none of his lyrics make any sense.

Yeah, here is the leaked track list for Death Magnetic, I posted it a couple of weeks ago, but for those who missed it:

1. Ewwwwwaaaaaa

2. Yeahhhhaaaaaa

3. Alriiiiightaaa

3. Oh yeaaaaaaya

4. Uh huuuuuhaaaaa

5. Okayyyyyyyyaaaaaa

6. Ewww yeaaaaayaaaaa

7. Come onnnnnnaaaaaa

8. Sing it with meeeeeeeyaaaa

9. Everybodyyyyyyyyaaaaaaa

Rumored Bonus track:

Boobsaaaaaa

Wow, those look like the lyrics for the end of the song I just heard: Rage Against the Machine's Freedom.

Let James write the lyrics? That's one of the worst things about Metallica. James completely lost his ability to not only sing, but write as well. His voice is shot beyond repair. That "HULK SMASH!" style of singing is ridiculously ********, and none of his lyrics make any sense.
The lyrics were fine until St. Anger when they decided it would be a good idea to let everyone contribute to the lyrics. I've always liked what James wrote until he got clean. It seems like after he sobered up he lost all of his creativity. As far as his lyrics not making sense, I've never really had a problem understanding what the guy was trying to get across.