Herbert Hoover- Great Depression

Dwight Eisenhower- 1957 Recession

Richard Nixon- 1971 Recession

Gerald Ford- stagflation in 1973

Ronald Reagan- "Black Monday," Oct. 19, 1987

George H. W. Bush- 1991 Recession

George W. Bush- Mental Recession

What do these guys have in common?

They all followed Democratic administrations. Economic policies do not automatically change things. It takes a few years. Watch for Bush's tax cuts to cause an economic boom in the next years and a Democratic president take credit. Than after he raises taxes things will start to go bad just as the Republican takes over and he will get the blame. I love how you have it both ways.

They all followed Democratic administrations. Economic policies do not automatically change things. It takes a few years. Watch for Bush's tax cuts to cause an economic boom in the next years and a Democratic president take credit. Than after he raises taxes things will start to go bad just as the Republican takes over and he will get the blame. I love how you have it both ways.

They've been in effect since 2003. Any effect they had or would have had would have happened by now.

You can blame the early economic woes on 9/11 or clinton if you want, but the latest stuff is nothing but Bush. The business cycle is 4-6 years.

They've been in effect since 2003. Any effect they had or would have had would have happened by now.

You can blame the early economic woes on 9/11 or clinton if you want, but the latest stuff is nothing but Bush. The business cycle is 4-6 years.

Fine rebuttal lax. I give you the win on that one, although I would have appreciated a little mention of congress in that blame.